Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone with Fiberhub in Vegas?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone with Fiberhub in Vegas?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited December 2012 in General

Looking for folks with gear, VPS, etc. in Fiberhub's facility in Las Vegas.

Looking for a test IP and gigabit speed test file.

Anyone know of such or have such?

Comments

• Steven (rack911) uses them AFAIK.

• cloud3k is in Fiberhub LV

• AlienVPS is there. I think 24khost is there too.

BuyVM is planning on moving there in January I think.

• @lbft, any link or reference on the BuyVM move to Fiberhub? Is that going to be an additional location or are they moving out of San Jose?

• They're moving out.

• quickpacket are there as well i think.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: @lbft, any link or reference on the BuyVM move to Fiberhub? Is that going to be an additional location or are they moving out of San Jose?

Cutting ties with EGI.

A lot of bad blood between the two companies due to the network issues we've had for 8 months =\

Francisco

• Well congrats @Francisco :)

Overdue I'd say. Take it some of it was related to the speed issues we saw in San Jose with your node there.

How soon before you folks are selling services out of Fiberhub?

edited December 2012

@pubcrawler said: Overdue I'd say. Take it some of it was related to the speed issues we saw in San Jose with your node there.

How soon before you folks are selling services out of Fiberhub?

Yep, 100%. Their support is great, their sales is fine, their network is bawls.

We're moving on the 19th of January.

We'll have 120TB of available storage for sale within 48 hours of that :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: We're moving on the 19th of January.

So glad we chose not to deploy KVM there last week now <3

• 120TB?!?!?! Holy boatload of disk there @Francisco!

Sounds like Fiberhub is the new westward place to be. West Coast providers (and I've been through lots of them) just don't see to perform well heading back east. Unsure what the in heck is wrong with the internet or major providers out there.

What's their supposed current bandwidth upstream mix there?

Excited :) Good news and maybe the third reason to try Fiberhub out.

@pubcrawler said: 120TB?!?!?! Holy boatload of disk there @Francisco!

64 drives, 2TB/ea.

We'll lose 16TB due to RAID so I guess it'll be ~110TB.

Well, I'd have preferred staying in San Jose but Anthony has the better part of 3 - 4 pages of 'on hold' tickets regarding the speed issues in SJ.

I'm sure egi was annoyed at first but after 5 minutes found someone that was willing to pay 3x what we pay for the racks. Coresite, SJ, is nearly 100% sold out (a few racks here/there that people are likely holding onto), so yea.

The blend is TINET, HE, Cogent, some peering and Rob's looking for someone else to add. He has a bunch of providers in his meet-me-room and is actually the hub for HE in Las Vegas.

While we "get" nLayer and GBLX in SJ, we get so few routes of it it's pointless. Most of the routes we get on them are asymmetrical anyways with us taking HE for one of the paths.

LAS has a lot of space and we secured a cage for ourselves as well as room to grow. We've signed a long term lease (the longest FH offers as far as I know) and also paid them a visit when I took the guys to Vegas for vacation.

It's a really nice spot and Rob has this drive in him to keep working to improve his offerings. He knows where he's lacking and is working hard to cover it - it's all we could could ask for.

Francisco

• @pubcrawler said: Looking for folks with gear, VPS, etc. in Fiberhub's facility in Las Vegas.

Silver Knight Technologies (used to be "just295.com" with their $2.95 offer - there's a $5 offer if you go to just295.com -> Silver Knight Technology landing page)

• Thanks a bunch @Francisco!

I was impressed earlier by Fiberhub's speedtest speeds. Fastest I've seen in a while from most of our locations. But, saw the HE + Cogent so I am ahh, well, umm, yeah, hoping they push more Tinet and others.

Hearing a fair amount of nLayer complaints lately. nLayer seems to like to suck you in their pipe and spit you out where you were headed whole route. That's the Cogent model too though.

Is there a peer exchange that Fiberhub is tying into? Wouldn't mind seeing more use of such :) Maybe they can boost attractiveness to major California hubs via such. Who knows, the HE and Cogent might be cheaper at mass scale :)

As for Coresite, they are good company, but seen enough unresolved issues in their facilities. Unsure if they just want the big bucks or what. Seems like it.

@pubcrawler said: As for Coresite, they are good company, but seen enough unresolved issues in their facilities. Unsure if they just want the big bucks or what. Seems like it.

We only use coresite for the space through EGI. Our complaints are entirely with EGI.

@pubcrawler said: Is there a peer exchange that Fiberhub is tying into?

They backhaul from LAX.

From LAX<>LAS it's literally a couple ms.

Francisco

• Ahh :) I see now.

Backhaul from LAX is a good thing. Shouldn't hurt Asian-focused interests at all then :)

@pubcrawler said: Backhaul from LAX is a good thing. Shouldn't hurt Asian-focused interests at all then :)

ChinaTelecom & Unicom both make landfall in LAX so our latency actually goes down 10ms for them as well as a few other countries. Australia makes landfall in SJ but the difference is literally a few ms here/there.

I had @chief lend a hand with tests and such and he showed the difference was minimal yet he could his near his line rate from FH, compared to much less against ours.

Francisco

• Sounds GREAT about Fiberhub.

I was one of those pages of speed related complaints in SJ, so... I'll be glad to be back with out folks out West on your equipment and network.

DDoS service going to be offered in Vegas like it was in SJ?

• Found Quadranet to be fastest in a lot of Asian markets, e.g. Singapore. To Australia Fiberhub does surprisingly well though compared to those in LA.

• I've gone the Quadranet route via another provider in their facility. Heading back US east coast it just drags along.

I've tried most everything to combat the slowness we see :) Oversubscribing to resources, gigabit, etc. Shameful since we need to utilize bandwidth only in peaks at times, so nothing really over month. West Coast is really whack in my experience here being pretty much east coast. Even links between California and Kansas City often aren't acceptable in my experience.

• DeanDean Member
    edited December 2012

Webrulon (AlienVPS) do seem to be using FiberHub for their LA VPSes; however AlienVPS is not the best provider (I've slowly been getting things away from them). Use them at your peril.

• Well Fiberhub is alright, we have notice some network lags, but it looks like mostly cause of HE.

@pubcrawler said: DDoS service going to be offered in Vegas like it was in SJ?

Yep, the latency will go down about 7ms as well.

HE isn't perfect but the issues we're having in SJ aren't even about HE.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: ChinaTelecom & Unicom both make landfall in LAX

Are you peering directly or which carrier does it go through?

• with HE the saturation levels kill sometimes.

• I dced off three times off IRC today Francisco, EGi looks really unstable these days =/

@klikli said: Are you peering directly or which carrier does it go through?

Everyone just peers with CT/CU since there's no real reason to get a 'dedicated port'. The dedicated port doesn't help any since CT/CU would just pass it over their only lifelines to the west. From what I've heard, even if you pay them, it doesn't get you any sort of priority.

I'm pretty sure CT/CU peer for free, minus maybe the cost of the port/equipment.

@24khost said: with HE the saturation levels kill sometimes.

I've not felt any in the tests we've done. You should check when you were feeling it. I know HE was getting beaten up due to the hurricane a few months back and it affected their west coast speeds.

Francisco

• I <3 fiberhub. I have 4 nodes with them and have had 0 issues. And cheap DDoS protection. What more can I say? I LOVE them.

• @pubcrawler I got a SKT VPS like I mentioned so send me a message if you need to run tests from it

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

We're there (turned up in November) and everything has been great so far. We now offer dedicated servers and VPS (both OVZ and Xen) out of Fiberhub in Las Vegas. We were glad to get away from EGI. We had Xen VPS nodes out of EGI in San Jose, and EGI's network had become difficult to deal with.

If you want a test file or test IP, PM me and I'll get it to you.