Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tech used by tools similar to nixstats
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tech used by tools similar to nixstats

Me and few friends are trying to build up a new tool for marketing which includes collection large scale data and use real time processing.

I use nixstats and wondering what could be the tech stack used by them for plotting such fast graphs etc. Somebody can give me some guidance on developing a web tool which handles such a large scale of data collection..

PS: We are NOT building something similar or competitive to nixstats. Its a different tool, I am just a fan on nixstats' simplicity.

Comments

• tommytommy Member

d3js, chartjs or highcharts pick one

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

NIXStats is using Highcharts to render the charts (it's not free, I think the license starts at around $300). The dashboard makes ajax calls to the backend which fetches the data from a mongodb replicaset (about 861Gb of data right now).

Mongodb works pretty well in this case, it has no problem for example to fetch the data from the last 12 months of a server. Almost all requests return data in about 300ms.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish yomero
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Using d3js here:

• Grafana and Kibana.

d3js goes well with dcjs and crossfilter

Highcharts has a slow refresh, Google charts is faster.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Thank you so much for the ideas. These things are going to help me a lot..:)