Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to build their own cdn?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to build their own cdn?

MDZZMDZZ Member

hello,guys! How to build their own cdn?

Comments

• rokokrokok Member

What

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Google it.

Thanked by 3dwterror klikli Bayu
  • MDZZMDZZ Member
    edited June 2016

@rokok said:
    What

Use nginx build cdn

Thanked by 1tommy

debian thx

Thanked by 2raindog308 cold
  • MDZZMDZZ Member

@deank said:
    debian thx

How to do, it can be said clearly

• EricBEricB Member

Get your own IP space, a reputable provider that can give you a BGP session in multiple locations, colocate or rent a dedicated server from the provider if they allow it on the dedis. Not all that simple and very costly. Depending on what it is you want to do with it, it might be better to just use something that's already out there. ex: CloudFlare.

Thanked by 1MDZZ
  • Well, to build "their" CDN requires a lot of patience.
    Do you feel you can handle it?

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited June 2016

You can probably get most of the parts at Home Depot. I imagine a concrete drill is somehow involved.

• Microlinux said: You can probably get most of the parts at Home Depot. I imagine a concrete drill is somehow involved.

And Nudes. Don't forget the Nudes. Otherwise it's just a CD.

• if it is for your own use you can rent VPS's in multi-location and use DNS GEO reduction via ns1.com

Thanked by 1yomero
  • notgodnotgod Member

you just need have money
    to buy onapp CDN and deploy to servers

No more think.

Thanked by 1MDZZ
  • @Rallias said:
    And Nudes. Don't forget the Nudes. Otherwise it's just a CD.

Oh yeah, I think that goes for building most things.

Thanked by 1MDZZ
  • @Microlinux said:
    You can probably get most of the parts at Home Depot. I imagine a concrete drill is somehow involved.

If you're in Canada, we have Canadian Tire and Rona :)

• @Microlinux said:

Do you know the address aswell?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

It's easy. On Debian:

apt-get install mycdn

You'll need to create and publish the mycdn package first, though.

• @notgod said:
    you just need have money

No more think.

Technically you just have to deploy a single CP server. Federation can cover everything else.

Scams. Quit feeding the kid false info.
    Debian does it all.

• debian thx

• Use Nginx and a smart geo DNS, you can deploy a simple CDN, but.. not always good, many be you need a good cache software.

• rds100rds100 Member

The first and most important question is - why do you want to build a CDN? What's the problem you are trying to solve. There might me multiple solutions to the problem, most of which don't require building a CDN from scratch.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@OnApp_Terry said:

@notgod said:
    you just need have money

No more think.

Technically you just have to deploy a single CP server. Federation can cover everything else.

Technically you can, but you need to pay for XX cores and everything, you can't just run a controller, pay a fee and use the federation, you need to pay for a whole cloud deployment. ;)

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

If you want to build your own CDN for personal use for a smaller website (I'm assuming, since you have to ask about it here), don't even think about OnApp since their license will cost more than the servers.

If you're looking for something simple you could simply rent a few VPS machines from a provider or multiple providers and install nginx on there and use the proxy_pass and cache. Then simply use a GeoDNS provider such as Rage4, Zilore, Route 53... It's actually incredibly easy if you don't need many nodes. Maybe use something like Ansible to automate things?

Or just buy 3 VMs from BuyVM, set up their anycast and you have a "CDN" :D

Thanked by 2MDZZ Nixtren
  • Yet lets be honest unless you are doing a ton of traffic it's far easier and probably cheaper to pay someone like @bunnycdn or one of the others and use theirs.

Thanked by 1MDZZ
  • rds100rds100 Member

And it is even cheaper and easier to just put one web server behind cloudflare and call it a CDN.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @BunnySpeed said:
    If you want to build your own CDN for personal use for a smaller website (I'm assuming, since you have to ask about it here), don't even think about OnApp since their license will cost more than the servers.

If you're looking for something simple you could simply rent a few VPS machines from a provider or multiple providers and install nginx on there and use the proxy_pass and cache. Then simply use a GeoDNS provider such as Rage4, Zilore, Route 53... It's actually incredibly easy if you don't need many nodes. Maybe use something like Ansible to automate things?

Or just buy 3 VMs from BuyVM, set up their anycast and you have a "CDN" :D

Yep, except Asia. Add a Asia node need pay a lot of money. I deploy about 30+ node in world, but Asia node only have 6. Too expensive, I just want to test something, lol, maybe I am crazy