Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help me for recover wwwroot folder centos.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help me for recover wwwroot folder centos.

247247 Member
edited June 2016 in Requests

Hello LowendTalk member,

i am searching folder recovery software or script but not found a proper solution if anyone know best free open source folder recovery script or tool then please help me.

" today I thought just check the server and found all domains WordPress files deleted by someone and not show me any log or delete command in last log file I don't know who deleted all files. Complete folder is nill"

I am trying to recover folder and used some google tutorials to recover files but result 0.

Please anyone know the best solution, script or tutorials please msg me.

vps openvz CentOS release 6.8 (Final) x64bit

Comments

• BochiBochi Member

You got physical access to that machine? Switch it off immediately and try your luck with something like testdisk, but don't build your hopes up too much...
    If it's a VM: You are pretty much fucked, search for your backups.

• Check out extundelete if this was an ext3/ext4 partition. You will have to unmount the partition where the files were stored, so perhaps it would be better to be done through rescue mode.

• 247247 Member

vps openvz CentOS release 6.8 (Final) x64bit

All WordPress files stored
    /home/wwwroot/

@Verelox said:
    Check out extundelete if this was an ext3/ext4 partition. You will have to unmount the partition where the files were stored, so perhaps it would be better to be done through rescue mode.

• OpenVZ?

No chance.

By the way, recovering files on a KVM VPS doesn't work either.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Contact your provider and ask for backup. There is no other chance to recover files.

• 247247 Member

yes OpenVZ. why?

@FlamesRunner said:
    OpenVZ?

No chance.

By the way, recovering files on a KVM VPS doesn't work either.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited June 2016

As your host most likely uses simfs, the disk is shared with the host and other clients. I am almost 99.99% sure that the deleted data has been overwritten by another client's VPS.

In order to understand what this is, you need to know how a file is deleted.
    When you type in rm test.txt, it only removes the file's entry from the partition journal. The server will call that space "free", and when space is needed, your deleted file's data is finally overwritten.

You're in a dense VPS hosting environment, probably another 200-300 containers depending on the memory size and overselling limits set in place.

Unless you have a backup, you're pretty much out of luck. Have you tried checking your databases to see if they're still there? You can easily reinstall WordPress with a database unless you had some custom theme or something like that.

• 247247 Member
    edited June 2016

yes, no change on a database and I have a backup of a database but all WordPress file, images and themes are deleted.> @FlamesRunner said:

As your host most likely uses simfs, the disk is shared with the host and other clients. I am almost 99.99% sure that the deleted data has been overwritten by another client's VPS.

In order to understand what this is, you need to know how a file is deleted.
    When you type in rm test.txt, it only removes the file's entry from the partition journal. The server will call that space "free", and when space is needed, your deleted file's data is finally overwritten.

You're in a dense VPS hosting environment, probably another 200-300 containers depending on the memory size and overselling limits set in place.

Unless you have a backup, you're pretty much out of luck. Have you tried checking your databases to see if they're still there? You can easily reinstall WordPress with a database unless you had some custom theme or something like that.

• Your themes, images and files are gone for good.

The best choice for you is to reinstall, and make sure you only use plugins you absolutely need. Installing WordFence and mod_security alongside WordPress helps.

And if you are using a root password, use a private key, it'll save you time and secure your VPS.

• for images you may try use cache:domain.tld

• FlamesRunner said: mod_security

What modsecurity rules are you using?

• Generally OWASP, but I tune them as it breaks WP on a regular basis.