Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs

Comments

• @akb

Can you share the source?

I'm puzzled on how you did it.

• akbakb Member

FlamesRunner said: Can you share the source?

No problemo.. And I think I have been diligent enough to write it in a secure way. But still as its now live & hosted on @Fidde's server, I think it would be better if he shares it instead of me.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Should I stop processing orders?

Thanked by 1NancyVPS
  • Is this free for one year or three month only?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@NancyVPS said:
    Is this free for one year or three month only?

For an year. But after 1 year, you can get new one. :)

• @Radi @Fidde

Thanks for the help on trying to get me the SSL, been trying on both your WHMCSes, and also Fidde's AutoSSL - just doesn't work - I've never received any mail from AlphaSSL.

Attempting it for *.syncthing.marv.pw on AutoSSL and Radi's WHMCS didn't work. Im gonna assume that my CSR sucks or AlphaSSL hates .pw domains.

Guess I'm gonna stick with Let's Encrypt - it's just one command for me and all my load balancers automatically gets the cert.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

Generating order..
    (Could not generate order.)

• yes, several times (Could not generate order)

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@Fidde please check PM :)

I always got the error "Generating order..(Could not generate order.)", the csr was generated use openssl with sha256 and rsa 2048, it shouldn't have any issue, could you please help check it? thanks :)

openssl req -nodes -sha256 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout domain.key -out domain.csr

• akbakb Member

hotsnow said: I always got the error "Generating order..(Could not generate order.)", the csr was generated use openssl with sha256 and rsa 2048, it shouldn't have any issue, could you please help check it? thanks :)

malwa3e said: yes, several times (Could not generate order)

hotsnow said: Generating order.. (Could not generate order.)

When you paste the CSR in the box and submit, does it show your exact domain when it prompts: "The CSR you have provided belongs to the domain:"

It should show the exact domain like: "domain.com" and not something like: "domain.com/some extra stuff".

• i have with *.domain.com, domain.com, mail.domain.com.........always error

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited June 2016

@akb said:
    When you paste the CSR in the box and submit, does it show your exact domain when it prompts: "The CSR you have provided belongs to the domain:"

It should show the exact domain like: "domain.com" and not something like: "domain.com/some extra stuff".

The CSR you have provided belongs to the domain:

*.abc.com/[email protected]

Click OK to proceed or cancel to change.

it shouldn't input email address when generate csr?

• akbakb Member

hotsnow said: it shouldn't input email address when generate csr?

No thats not the reason. I found a bug in the CSR parsing of the script. Have PMed @Fidde to correct it.

Until he does that, you are on luck :-) Proceed only if it prompts with the exact domain (domain.com, *.domain.com etc) you are generating the SSL for. Otherwise you will surely get a error.

Thanked by 3hotsnow Fidde bingolino
  • FiddeFidde Member

Site updated, try again if it didn't work last time :)
    I've uploaded the script to Github for anyone wanting to have a look, host this themselves, find bugs or whatever else :)

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

anyone got the ssl at https://assl.loovit.net/? still not receive validation email after more than two hours, still waiting...

• tommytommy Member

Here we go another complain, wait at least 1 day before complaint.

Go to gogetssl.com and your ssl ready in minute

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@tommy said:
    Here we go another complain, wait at least 1 day before complaint.

sorry, no any complaint, just want confirm if it's my domain's issue :p

thanks Fidde, this service is very great and useful.

• Worked for me, got the mails in under 10 minutes.
    Thanks.

• malwa3emalwa3e Member
    edited June 2016

@hotsnow said:
    anyone got the ssl at https://assl.loovit.net/? still not receive validation email after more than two hours, still waiting...

same here

• iKockaiKocka Member

Worked for me too. Got confirmation email in less than 3 minutes.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@malwa3e said:

@hotsnow said:

same here

it's strange, my domain is use mail service of yandex, perhaps alphassl don't like it?

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

update:

I've used [email protected] as the mailbox which receive the certificate, I guess AlphaSSL don't like this :p

so I submitted again use the same csr, but this time use the [email protected] as the mailbox which receive the certificate, got the validation email instantly now!

• submitted again and is fine

thx :)

• rokokrokok Member

Might gonna try, since wosign took a day generate certificate now :/

• VallVall Member

Howdy everyone,

1st things first, thanks again Fidde for the great service, it's very nice to be able to have first-class certificates with no cost. The one I got in April is working just fine! ;-)

2nd, I will need a couple of additional certificates for some sites I'm bringing up, and I've reread this thread but could not understand exactly how things are working right now. From what I can understand, I think free certs are being offered again via Fidde's new auto page at https://assl.loovit.net/, is that it? Please confirm

Thanks,

Vall.

• akbakb Member

Vall said: From what I can understand, I think free certs are being offered again via Fidde's new auto page at https://assl.loovit.net/, is that it? Please confirm

Yes he has automated it for the benefit of certificate seekers. Use that page & if everything works well, you will have the SSL cert in your Inbox within few minutes.

Thanked by 2Fidde Vall
  • @doghouch said:

@Radi said:

@century1stop said:
    oh, you've managed to automate the process!

It is 90% automated. There is still 2-3 min manual work, to provision an SSL.

Darn, you beat me... I can authenticate via/ a function already, but it keeps giving me a MDB2 error :(

I was using a PhantomJS script, however everytime I submit the form, the server crashed.
    :lol: I have totally NO IDEA WHY. :D

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Get error (Could not generate order.)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@robohost said:
    Get error (Could not generate order.)

Try again. I sometime get this problem but 2nd time, it generates order. An keep in Mind, CSR should be of 2048 Bit Keys & should include [email protected] email.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: CSR should be of 2048 Bit Keys

Mine worked with 4096.

Used not admin@ but rm@mydomain, worked fine.

This discussion has been closed.