Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bullies in Web Hosting Talk (WHT)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

edited June 2016 in Reviews

Comments

• As a rather well known member here once said:

You came to the wrong place.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • Why did I come to the wrong place? This isn't a good place to ask hosting questions or find hosters?

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • Wait til' you see the bullies of LET..

• RizRiz Member

TLDR?

• Lovely :(

What's TLDR?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Welcome! Like any forum we try to maintain order, but we also try to avoid dumb rules for the sake of having rules. You're welcome to continue your search here, there are many knowledgeable people who work in various parts of the industry that hang their hat here.

But do keep in mind that, like WHT in this case, we will not prevent people from ridiculing you. You'll learn to take it when it comes, and you won't be punished for telling them where to stick it. So I guess that's different at least :)

Thanked by 3kkrajk GCat WSS
  • Well I don't tolerate bullies, so if it starts to happen, I'll just leave.

I don't think a rule where people shouldn't bully is a RULE that affects people's freedoms. Just like I don't think the 1st amendment applies to hate speech.

I'm not a rule lover either as I don't believe humans should be controlled, but I believe in being mature & respectful of others. Learning how to disagree without putting the other person down.

Thanks jarland

• rapidfinancial said: Lovely :(

What's TLDR?

the long distance relationship

Thanked by 3GCat Zerpy jvnadr
  • lazytlazyt Member
    edited June 2016

TLDR Too long didn't read.

Oh and WHT has been like that for a lot longer then two years.

• LOL Epidrive

Thanks lazy, now I know why your name is lazy :) Yes I admit, I'm quite verbose, as I tell stories, not one liners.

Well I don't live on WHT, I only go on there when I freak out about my hoster & want to change : )

• ATHKATHK Member

So many ampersands..

• dailydaily Member

Hi there, and welcome. I'll just throw in my opinion.

1) You should read the rules that are presented to you. WHT is an (optionally paid) free experience that you get to take part of. The least you could do is make sure you don't break any obvious rules. You don't "get a break" if the law is laid out in front of you.

2) I think phone support is awesome, if in budget. I don't think you supplied us with what your budget was or what kind of project you were dealing with, but a lot of providers are few member shows. Dealing with phone support would likely not be worth their time, and I don't feel like it degrades their credibility at all.

3) like @jarland mentioned, you'll need to be thick skinned here. It's a pretty laid back place and a lot of people here like the atmosphere I think. I'd suggest just ignoring the ones who are belligerent or just plain dumb. You might even have fun in LETs drama threads.

Thanked by 2theroyalstudent GCat
  • emre22emre22 Member

I stopped reading after "5 years now" .. are they still together?

• TLDR : OP cried a river when people were rude to him on WHT.

OP : Welcome to LET where we keep it real

Thanked by 3emre22 GCat atrava
  • Thread link please.

• rghfrghf Member

If you don't like what someone says on a website you can always go to another one

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Forum bully here, just stopping by.

Which one of you is a whiny butthurt little pussy requiring belittling?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@sirrobin said:
    TLDR : OP cried a river when people were rude to him on WHT.

OP : Welcome to LET where we keep it real

QFT. I was just about to say the same thing.

@rapidfinancial Get over it. No one really cares that you got bullied on a random forum and had your feelings hurt. Really.

• FalzoFalzo Member

rapidfinancial said: Tooo many companies online are scammy & hide & you can NEVER get a hold of them b/c they have no phone number or if they do, they never answer it or return phone calls.

+1 for that.

but complaining in a forum about another forum because of not getting agreed with seems a bit incapable of socializing ;-)

there is no need to convince others of your point of view so better stop trying if things go downhill. as you experienced calling people to leave mostly will make them stick like glue. just ignore, don't answer yourself or even go away if it is not the place you fit in.

mods are not there to back you or anyone else in their opinion but to get rid of spam postings or maybe act against offending content.

on LET things are different though, mods are here to add fuel to the fire of our daily drama as we can't live without it. you're welcome to join - as I can see @nekki already welcomed you to make sure you understand...

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited June 2016

WHT has some pretty tough rules and they enforce them too. As far as phone support goes it's just not possible with the level of price competition there is in the hosting industry. Besides do you really want to talk to Raja from Bangalore?

There also certain advantages to written communication. It's all there in black and white and there can be no ambiguity about it.

• ATHKATHK Member

@Abdussamad said:
    WHT has some pretty tough rules and they enforce them too. As far as phone support goes it's just not possible with the level of price competition there is in the hosting industry. Besides do you really want to talk to Raja from Bangalore?

There also certain advantages to written communication. It's all there in black and white and there can be no ambiguity about it.

That's a bit racist..

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • edited June 2016

Just throwing this here. Good luck on LET, hope its better here.

• If you want to voice your opinions or be rude to people on WHT, it's best to buy premium...

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Abdussamad said: Besides do you really want to talk to Raja from Bangalore?

As opposed to Abdul from Egypt?
    @Abdussamad You're just being a racist prick.

Now don't go and get your panties in a wad. I just picked a random name to prove a point.

• @linuxthefish said:
    If you want to voice your opinions or be rude to people on WHT, it's best to buy premium...

I've heard the premium membership includes all sorts of benefits...

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited June 2016

K4Y5 said: As opposed to Abdul from Egypt? @Abdussamad You're just being a racist prick.

I'm actually from Pakistan. My point was that westerners find south asian accents hard to understand so that's why talking to outsourced support from India or Pakistan is perhaps not the best idea. Written communication is better.

Oh and I can't be racist coz we are all the same race over here in this part of the planet. We may have different cultures and religions but race-wise we are all the same.

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

@theroyalstudent said:

Just throwing this here. Good luck on LET, hope its better here.

And to add to this, your "rights" or "freedoms" do not extend to somebody else's private property or to a privately owned forum on the internet.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Well, to be honest, they were trying to help you find a solution. I don't see a bully. You are so "hurt" from your provider, that you won't let anyone else tell you "You are wrong on this". (not trying to attack you, that's my point of view)