Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to protect the looking-glass / test-ip
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to protect the looking-glass / test-ip

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

hi

as the topic goes, how do you protect your looking-glass / test-ip

only CSF+LFD or APF+BFD or any thing else...

any hassle of DDoS attact, and if so, how to protect the ip from vulnerabilities...

just suggestions...

(i am not under any attack, just trying to build protection for future)

Comments

• The server will need to be DDoS protected itself. You won't be able to reverse-proxy it since the test IP is written on the page...

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Looking glass shouldn't really matter if it gets attacked, a null route wouldn't even be noticed probably.

• tommytommy Member

try rate limit per ip. As ddos depend on your host

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

what about CSF?

will it be of any initial use in countering it

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@agentmishra said:
    what about CSF?

Wouldn't be any use due to the risk of Cloudflare interfering with caching, even if the download is bigger than their cache limit it'll still be relayed by the Cloudflare network I believe.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@SpartanHost said:

@agentmishra said:
    what about CSF?

Wouldn't be any use due to the risk of Cloudflare interfering with caching, even if the download is bigger than their cache limit it'll still be relayed by the Cloudflare network I believe.

never said, cloudflare, i meant config-server-firewall

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@agentmishra said:

@SpartanHost said:

@agentmishra said:
    what about CSF?

never said, cloudflare, i meant config-server-firewall

Ah, silly me, not sure why I thought of Cloudflare when you said CSF. I'm not too sure about all the options CSF has but as others have mentioned, if it's a volumetric attack then CSF will be useless, it may only be useful if it has a way to rate limit downloads if you're afraid of someone wasting bandwidth on you.

Thanked by 1agentmishra