Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable Changes - Hourly Billing - Powerboost Perks Removed! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable Changes - Hourly Billing - Powerboost Perks Removed!

124»

Comments

• Is there any way to complain to ARIN, while letting them know that your address is no longer a client of Wablecom Incero LLC?

I was a bit pissed off with their attitude when started automatically charging you for backups that you did not turn on yourself. But this last move has finally pushed me off their service, which I barely used anyway.

Really poor business practice. I have made note of the owners' names, and will never buy or recommend any of their future business services. In fact, it is behaviour like this that makes you want make potential new customers, of any of their future business endeavours, aware of.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I for one enjoyed Wable's services, for almost a whole year, since 6/22/2015... I know I'll find myself in a minority here, as I've seen lots of bad threads about Wable.

Although I'm saddened to see them move in this direction, I can surely understand why this move was needed... I have/had (on their old billing plans) 5 VPSs totaling 5CPUs, 6GB RAM and 80GB SSD storage, for $8/month... that's not a business, that's charity.

I am decommissioning these 5 VPSs with them as I'm typing this comment, since I will not be continuing with their new pricing plans, but I have no hate towards them for taking a step in this direction... it seems like a good business strategy on their part.

Cheers.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

gutshotz said: Is there any way to complain to ARIN, while letting them know that your address is no longer a client of Wablecom Incero LLC?

It was legitimate customer information at the time of the allocation, so there really isn't anything to complain about.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited May 2016

HBAndrei said: Although I'm saddened to see them move in this direction, I can surely understand why this move was needed... I have/had (on their old billing plans) 5 VPSs totaling 5CPUs, 6GB RAM and 80GB SSD storage, for $8/month... that's not a business, that's charity.

>
    I don't think so because i have many companies here offering similar prices

ex: @impactvps offering 8cores, 8GB ram, 90GB SSD for $12 and you can have upto 8 VPSes.

and you can have backups which are not charged extra.

I have seen even more cheaper ones too here.

before spending time here, i know wable is the cheapest option but now i don't think so.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • yomeroyomero Member

seenu said: ex: @impactvps offering 8cores, 8GB ram, 90GB SSD for $12 and you can have upto 8 VPSes.

I am waiting to see some competitive pricing on KVM bundles instead of openvz =(

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • OK. Bumping this thread because I finally got wabled(TM) too.

I raised a support ticket because I was curious if keeping my wable account after June 1st, for when I NEEDED it, was supported.
    So, I asked a straightforward question.

Subject: deleted all vps and snapshots. Bill $0 tomorrow? [i201,b3]

Posted On: May 31, 2016, 1:16 pm

So I went ahead and deleted ALL vps and snapshots.
        I was only using them for dev boxes.

Do I HAVE to close my account to ensure I am not billed more than $0 tomorrow?

And this is the response I get:

Thanks, I've banned your account now that you've deleted all VPS, this will stop billing for you.

Best Regards,
    Jeff

They dropped me faster than a rotten hot potato.

No clarifications , nothing.

• @vimalware said:
    OK. Bumping this thread because I finally got wabled(TM) too.

And you will continue to receive their promotional emails, announcements, etc. There's no way to unsubscribe since your account is closed.

:)

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • LeeLee Veteran

vimalware said: They dropped me faster than a rotten hot potato.

Can't really tell if they are just that ignorant now or just plain huffy that you cancelled.

• @Lee said:

vimalware said: They dropped me faster than a rotten hot potato.

Can't really tell if they are just that ignorant now or just plain huffy that you cancelled.

Doesnt feel like "ignorant" !

• Ruthless.

seenu said: ex: @impactvps offering 8cores, 8GB ram, 90GB SSD for $12 and you can have upto 8 VPSes.

I can't find that user or that offer...

Also, your point is invalid, just because such offers exist, doesn't necessarily mean they are part of a good business plan.

• tommytommy Member

cant wait for wable fanboy come and like post who support wable (you know who I mean r)

• RizRiz Member

@HBAndrei - I beg to differ. Still hosted on the same network as Incero, without their piss poor attitude.

The offer is indeed valid, @Awmusic12635

@Riz said:

>

The offer is indeed valid, @Awmusic12635

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

HBAndrei said: I can't find that user or that offer...
    Also, your point is invalid, just because such offers exist, doesn't necessarily mean they are part of a good business plan.

We do not use that user handle on this forum. Offer link was posted here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/83724/impact-vps-new-storage-servers-50-off-vdr-seattle-dallas-nyc#latest

Riz said: The offer is indeed valid, @Awmusic12635

Yes it is still valid

Thanked by 2HBAndrei ryanarp
  • @vimalware said:
    OK. Bumping this thread because I finally got wabled(TM) too.

I raised a support ticket because I was curious if keeping my wable account after June 1st, for when I NEEDED it, was supported.
    So, I asked a straightforward question.

Subject: deleted all vps and snapshots. Bill $0 tomorrow? [i201,b3]

Posted On: May 31, 2016, 1:16 pm

So I went ahead and deleted ALL vps and snapshots.
    I was only using them for dev boxes.

Do I HAVE to close my account to ensure I am not billed more than $0 tomorrow?

And this is the response I get:

Thanks, I've banned your account now that you've deleted all VPS, this will stop billing for you.

Best Regards,
    Jeff

They dropped me faster than a rotten hot potato.

No clarifications , nothing.

Not sure what the account close button actually does.

I deleted all my vps on Friday thinking I would just leave the account open in case I needed a quick vps. On Saturday I decided screw it and officially closed the account. Got a message saying my account has been closed. But my login is still functional and it wants me to pick a bundle.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I changed my number, password and email (their form was broken for email) and closed my account. Hopefully that's enough to be fully done with Wable.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

nightshade said: Not sure what the account close button actually does.

'Close account' just seemed to cancel your existing plan, delete snapshots + cancel all outstanding invoices.

• I am not getting my bills for June, anyone else got their bills for June yet?

• PeroniPeroni Member

@linuxclark said:
    I am not getting my bills for June, anyone else got their bills for June yet?

You better not send them a ticket saying you haven't gotten your June bill but you really want to give them money;;;; they might close your account;)

Thanked by 2vimalware Amitz
  • @linuxclark said:
    I am not getting my bills for June, anyone else got their bills for June yet?

You shouldn't get a bill for June. Now that its usage based you won't be billed for you actual server time until July.

• linuxclarklinuxclark Member
    edited June 2016

You shouldn't get a bill for June. Now that its usage based you won't be billed for you actual server time until July.

thank you nightshade

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ardaarda Member

I also jumped off from them, because my monhtly bill increased from $8 (powerboosted bundle #3) to $103'ish.

To be honest, I don't like a vps provider telling me how to reduce my costs by downgrading from their Facebook page or even hide price increase complaint comments.

Also, If I wanted to have "real dedicated resources", I'd go for dedicated servers instead (which I did).

Their servers are rock solid and the most stable ones I've ever used, but that increase is too much for my budget.