Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - Spring Special - 40GB Email Hosting for $40/2years
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - Spring Special - 40GB Email Hosting for $40/2years

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited May 2016 in Offers

Hey, everyone!

As MXroute continues to grow, so do my demands for it as well as the demands of my customers. As the service grows in offerings I expect to have less opportunities to offer such great promotions. It is also possible that the service will see a base price increase by the end of this year. With that said, prices are never raised for existing services.

I invite you all to get in on my latest promo, one that can serve you well for years to come with a very generous amount of storage.

THIS PROMO ENDS JUNE 19

Spring 2016 Special
40GB Storage
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Domains
$40 / 2 years (biennially)
Order Here

Some changes have been made over time, for those familiar with MXroute but maybe not up to date with the latest news:

• OwnCloud support will be removed at the end of 2016. It is no longer advertised.
  • Z-Push support will be removed at the end of 2016. It may be followed by a replacement. As it stands, maintenance for a high volume instance takes away from time better spent working on a new solution.

Some of the features of MXroute:

• Server-side email filters
  • Email forwarding
  • MailChannels for outgoing email
  • POP3 / IMAP / SMTP
  • Roundcube / Squirrelmail / Horde Webmail
  • Backup and download your data at any time
  • cPanel based control

Any questions, feel free to ask :)

Comments

• user123user123 Member

@jarland said:

Did you get @jarland's permission before posting this non-VPS offer? wags finger

More seriously: jarland is a helpful guy and MXRoute is AWESOME! I have several domains hosted with them on various packages and they have been very stable and reliable.

Thanked by 2jar zafouhar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Billing portal DNS propagation underway for anyone that can't load it. Just some kid having his fun.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2016

I would never pay 2 years in advance for some random and quite unknown new player on the market. ;-)

@Amitz said:
    I would never pay 2 years in advance for some random and quite unknown new player on the market. ;-)

Plus I heard he's an asshole.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@jarland said:

@Amitz said:

Plus I heard he's an asshole.

Nah, that part was new to me!

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • user123user123 Member

TIL that @Amitz is newly-acquainted with @jarland's asshole. Thanks for sharing, guys!

Thanked by 2jar deadbeef
  • No provider tag, must be scam. Avoid at all costs.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@jarland said:
    Hey, everyone!

Flagged for not reading the rules to get provider tag.

Thanked by 2jar cassa
  • Random question, are there any plans to move those still on Vesta to cPanel? Or are we staying put?

clarity_64 said: Random question, are there any plans to move those still on Vesta to cPanel? Or are we staying put?

I would love to do it but the process of migration would be pretty rough. To the point that I don't think it could be accomplished without hiring assistance on the process. I'd make a logic error that would demolish everything and on that side of things it's really just me doing it all right now.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • ccaritaccarita Member

@jarland, I already have a 5GB plan with you (next due date on october 2016). How can I take advantage of this Spring sale? Do I need to create a new account or could my existing one be upgraded?

• MXroute is Awesome good work buddy @jarland <3

Thanked by 1jar

ccarita said: I already have a 5GB plan with you (next due date on october 2016). How can I take advantage of this Spring sale? Do I need to create a new account or could my existing one be upgraded?

Toss a ticket my way and I'll hook you up :)

• ccaritaccarita Member

Thanks. Ticket sent.

• All the mail accounts I care for have been on MXRoute so quite some time. Very satisfied.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ehabehab Member

jar, i couldn't help to ask and this may sound annoying but why 2 years can't it be 1/2 both ways...... Ohhh or maybe its the trip first class to ovh France :D

ehab said: jar, i couldn't help to ask and this may sound annoying but why 2 years can't it be 1/2 both ways...... Ohhh or maybe its the trip first class to ovh France :D

There's method to my madness ;)

• Props to MXRoute. Early on there were some issue but as of lately it has been rock solid. Been a loyal customer for a while now. I always like to give props to those who do a good job and to make public those who don't as to help others on this forum to stay away from those services.

Thanked by 2jar linuxthefish
  • thagoatthagoat Member

@jarland I have a Google Apps account with 200 id's. (Not for sale btw) But I'm also very interested in your service (I've been running my own email server for 6 years now and have grown tired of it). What are the advantages of hosting with you over Google Apps?

• RalliasRallias Member

jarland said: To the point that I don't think it could be accomplished without hiring assistance on the process.

Does this mean you want quotes for such a service? :P

@Rallias said:

jarland said: To the point that I don't think it could be accomplished without hiring assistance on the process.

Does this mean you want quotes for such a service? :P

By all means :)

@thagoat said:
    @jarland I have a Google Apps account with 200 id's. (Not for sale btw) But I'm also very interested in your service (I've been running my own email server for 6 years now and have grown tired of it). What are the advantages of hosting with you over Google Apps?

Only price and support. I offer no significant advantages over Google Apps in relation to features. Their spam filter is better, their delivery is equal at worst, and they have more features. My appeal is in price, but don't count me out on the rest... Many years ahead :)

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • RalliasRallias Member

jarland said: By all means :)

(as the rules state, the following statement is (probably) required).

Any offers so described would be serviced under Star As A Service LLC, as registered in the State of Minnesota in accordance with relevant laws.

• thagoatthagoat Member

@jarland thanks for your honest answer =) My google account is free (from the days of way back lol) so I'll stick with it.
    If, and when, they make me pay, I'll give you my business!

Thanked by 1jar

Now that this is almost off the first page, FREE EMAIL hosting:

https://mxroute.io

This is an experiment that I have no intention of revoking. Create a free mxroute.io address. POP3/IMAP/SMTP not currently available for direct authentication, only webmail.

Thanked by 2user123 thagoat
  • user123user123 Member

@jarland said:
    Now that this is almost off the first page, FREE EMAIL hosting:

https://mxroute.io

This is an experiment that I have no intention of revoking. Create a free mxroute.io address. POP3/IMAP/SMTP not currently available for direct authentication, only webmail.

Is Canada intentionally left out of the listing of countries?

@user123 said:
    Is Canada intentionally left out of the listing of countries?

Not intentionally. Pick any, I don't check it :)

Thanked by 1user123
  • @jarland said:

clarity_64 said: Random question, are there any plans to move those still on Vesta to cPanel? Or are we staying put?

I would love to do it but the process of migration would be pretty rough. To the point that I don't think it could be accomplished without hiring assistance on the process. I'd make a logic error that would demolish everything and on that side of things it's really just me doing it all right now.

What's the process like? What about creating a script that reads the vesta database and the use the whmcs api to add the user to the system. I'm probably missing something but it's a thought.

@CFarence said:
    What's the process like? What about creating a script that reads the vesta database and the use the whmcs api to add the user to the system. I'm probably missing something but it's a thought.

Off the top of my head:

Create matching cpanel accounts, sync shadow file for relevant accounts, pick one domain as primary to satisfy cpanel reqs, add the rest as addon domains, add the email accounts, sync the password hashes for the emails, sync mail folders.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited May 2016

Gonna stick to my $15/year blackfriday 20gb special for now, but this is a pretty good offer.

I'm in the process of moving over some of my Mailjet domains to MXRoute

Would be cool if a feature like this can be added

I'd like to be able to see the latest emails that were sent out by the system, etc, like how mailjet has it in the screenshot above.

--

Also one more thing, since MXRoute uses cPanel, if I want my script to send mail out as [email protected] do I have to actually go an create the donotreply email user in cPanel?

With mailjet I just have to verify my domain and can tell my script to send mail out using [email protected] without actually creating it as a mailbox.

Thanked by 2user123 ragtop4