Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart - A rather unexpected positive experience (no full review)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart - A rather unexpected positive experience (no full review)

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited May 2016 in Reviews

When ordering my server with Sys on friday I was really hesitant due to all the feedback I've heard about them such as having to wait for a server for ages... Well for me though everything went just very smooth and I am really happy about this fact which is the reason I am writing this. So as I've said I ordered on friday, and on monday (today - considering there was a weekend in between I expected nothing else) I was requested to send my id via e-mail to them which I did right away. I then called them and asked if there is anything else for me to do. The phone support was really nice and answered the call almost instantly. They verified me within 5 minutes and my server was unlocked 15 minutes after. After about 30 minutes I had a question regarding my server and was answered by E-Mail very quick. All in all a great experience so far :-) No benches just yet as Serverbear for some reason didn't work (I waited for 6h still received no E-Mail) and I don't know any other good benches.
But from what I can tell everything is running smooth so far.

I am fully aware that this is not quite a full review as I am not a longtime customer just yet, but I thought I would post this as many people just like me are hesitant to buy from them mainly due to the order process which again went very smooth for me!

Have a nice day y'all!

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member

SoYouNeverKnowWhatHappens. I was waiting several weeks to get an answer to a billing ticket with them and never received ANY reaction. Then I cancelled the server. Seems to be a "Hit and Miss" thing with them...

Thanked by 1GCat
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Amitz said:
    SoYouNeverKnowWhatHappens. I was waiting several weeks to get an answer to a billing ticket with them and never received ANY reaction. Then I cancelled the server. Seems to be a "Hit and Miss" thing with them...

Did you call them for once? They were very straightforward with me :-)

• AmitzAmitz Member

No, maybe that has improved. I just called their (german) support once (about 2 years ago) and they were not very helpful. My call felt a bit like this:

Thanked by 1cassa
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Amitz said:
    No, maybe that has improved. I just called their (german) support once (about 2 years ago) and they were not very helpful. My call felt a bit like this:

I am from Germany and I was connected with a very friendly member of the support team.
    You probably had bad luck^^

Thanked by 2Amitz boernd
  • cassacassa Member

@Amitz guess what shirt I was wearing today...

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@cassa said:

Just started watching the series lol :D It's hilarious!

• cassacassa Member

@Ympker said:

@cassa said:

Just started watching the series lol :D It's hilarious!

Enjoy!

• zonezone Member

Helpful review. I am going to transfer to hetzner.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2016

Kimsufi/SYS support is completely inconsistent. For every good experience you will get three poor ones. I can say that having several servers over many years of experience, not just a weekend's worth.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Lee said:
    Kimsufi/SYS support is completely inconsistent. For every good experience you will get three poor ones. I can say that having several servers over many years of experience, not just a weekend's worth.

And you still stick with them. Well their prices and infrastructure are good. Sometimes we have to decide on what we value the most. I once did create a poll on LET and asked what people look out for the most when renting a server. About 80% said "good customer support". Seems like we both ain't belonging to that majority. I myself am also on a budget and therefor looking out for the prices rather than the support. But given all the hate sys/ovh gets I just wanted to share my so far...good experience :) It's not like I want it to be bad^^

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2016

Ympker said: And you still stick with them.

Storage, 3rd copy of data, temporary fail-over, not production and no real need for support other than technical. They are fine for jobs that you do not have any real reliance on or care whether support is reliable.

I stick with them because they are close to me and it largely works. I set my expectations very low for their service, accept regular poor network performance and downtime as part of the service. They do not disappoint but as I expect it there is no issue from my point of view.

Ympker said: Seems like we both ain't belonging to that majority.

Everyone that is anyone has a Kimsufi server whether recent or from the 2 EUR deals of the past. I have a few and for the price they can't be beat (that is old deals, more than current).

They are not for production, but they have their uses. It's a real roller coaster of some have great times others have nothing but bad.

Appreciate you're happy thus far, well rather more surprised because you expected the experience to be worse however you have no real experience of them thus far, all you had was a good signup experience and that is all you have to review at this stage.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Lee said:

Ympker said: And you still stick with them.

Storage, 3rd copy of data, temporary fail-over, not production and no real need for support other than technical. They are fine for jobs that you do not have any real reliance on or care whether support is reliable.

I stick with them because they are close to me and it largely works. I set my expectations very low for their service, accept regular poor network performance and downtime as part of the service. They do not disappoint but as I expect it there is no issue from my point of view.

Ympker said: Seems like we both ain't belonging to that majority.

Everyone that is anyone has a Kimsufi server whether recent or from the 2 EUR deals of the past. I have a few and for the price they can't be beat (that is old deals, more than current).

They are not for production, but they have their uses. It's a real roller coaster of some have great times others have nothing but bad.

Appreciate you're happy thus far, well rather more surprised because you expected the experience to be worse however you have no real experience of them thus far, all you had was a good signup experience and that is all you have to review at this stage.

I see your point there. But honestly I really am happy the signup process was so smooth :)

• LeeLee Veteran

I would never deter anyone from using them, I am happy enough with both Kimsufi and SYS.

The only caution I would offer is with the SYS IP addresses, they offered free IP's in the past and block where you paid just once then started charging for them, I know they will do this again using the same excuse of "IP depletion", it's just a matter of when.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Lee said:
    I would never deter anyone from using them, I am happy enough with both Kimsufi and SYS.

The only caution I would offer is with the SYS IP addresses, they offered free IP's in the past and block where you paid just once then started charging for them, I know they will do this again using the same excuse of "IP depletion", it's just a matter of when.

Well as for now I can use up to 16 Failovers with a one time setup fee of 2,40€ which is fair enough. If they are starting to charge monthly for my inclusive IPs I will probably atleast go for a prorated refund and switch hosts. In Germany you can atleast enforce that if your contract is changed just like that.