Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable Changes - Hourly Billing - Powerboost Perks Removed! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable Changes - Hourly Billing - Powerboost Perks Removed!

Comments

• elgselgs Member

Is IPv6 on their road map?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jacob said:
    Hopefully those who aren't happy with the recent changes can have a smooth migration away.

[Ruthless self promotion]

Promotion code WABLEAWAY for a 50% recurring discount on any virtual machines deployed before 01/08/2016 - Existing Wable Customers Only!

Just enter the code when spinning up a new virtual machines..

[Ruthless self promotion]

Cheers,

Jacob.

Mark?

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

It's just become another OVZ VPS service then.

• perennate said: Or if that wasn't your point, then what was? (maybe you mean you already closed your Wable account?)

Account closed long ago and yes I received that "junk" mail as well.

Of course I still receive overdue invoice too, every month, without fail.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2016

A shame, because I liked the resource pool concept, but also not a shame because now I'm not wasting money on a bunch of potential VMs I never spun up.

Sayonara, Wable. You'll live on in our memories thanks to the drama threads and your pathological hate of cheapskate customers.

Thanked by 3Lee mpkossen Pwner
  • @Nekki said:
    A shame, because I liked the resource pool concept, but also not a shame because now I'm not wasting money on a bunch of potential VMs I never spun up.

Sayonara, Wable. You'll live on in our memories thanks to the drama threads and your pathological hate of cheapskate customers.

There are other providers who offer similar pools. I dodged the bullet and moved away to Impactvps 5 months ago. Much happier now.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • tommytommy Member

@perennate said:

Just like @dailymc said.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Junkless said: There are other providers who offer similar pools.

I'm over the concept now, there's simply no point paying just to have stuff on standby when you can actually pay per hour and spin up something just you need it. Resource pools only really seem to make economical sense when you plan to use the resources the majority of the time and know you need to chop and change the resource allocations of each VM regularly, which is a use case I (and I suspect many others) don't have.

Thanked by 2deadbeef mpkossen
  • Then it's much cheaper to create new VPS than to upgrade.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016
    Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • SSDNodesSSDNodes Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

If you're looking to migrate from Wable, we're offering 4GB RAM for $4/mo (pre-paid yearly), or $6.99 month-to-month: https://lowendbox.com/blog/ssdnodes-ssd-openvz-vps-starting-at-2-99month-dallas-tx/

Same network as Wable (Incero) with RAID10 SSDs, Intel E5 v3s, 10Gbps NICs, and A+B power with backup generators. After ordering, you'll be locked into that pricing for life.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • nightshadenightshade Member
    edited May 2016

Wow! Looks like my $8 account just jumped to $46. Wasn't even using all my Powerboost either.

Looks like I only have a couple weeks to find replacement. Guess I can't say I wasn't warned about them. Nice while it lasted.

• isaaclisaacl Member

Any way to see what the pricing would be going forward?

• LeeLee Veteran

@isaacl said:

No, not unless you can read this thread.

Thanked by 2mpkossen netomx
  • isaaclisaacl Member

@Lee said:

@isaacl said:

Talking about for my individual VPS's, I have a few with only 10GB space, and wondering how that will work.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@isaacl said:

@Lee said:

@isaacl said:

Talking about for my individual VPS's, I have a few with only 10GB space, and wondering how that will work.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1688508328077864&id=1407513069510726

Or contact Wable, [email protected]

Our Facebook will be the most updated source of info these coming few days/weeks.

Thanks.

• @isaacl said:

I imagine Wable would know.

• Talked to support.
    Basically, the 'low-end' would be a minimum $4/m for ram <=1gb, 1 vcore and <=30gb of ssd.

I'm keeping just one, since I got an E3v2 hostnode in 2014.
    Hourly is good for random experiments.

• isaaclisaacl Member

@Incero said:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1688508328077864&id=1407513069510726

Or contact Wable, [email protected]

Our Facebook will be the most updated source of info these coming few days/weeks.

Thanks.

Thanks, looks cool, guess I'll wait for that to show up.

Always nervous to open a support ticket, but I'll hold off a bit to see what else is released.

Having the available resources in the $8 + Powerboost account was very convenient, and I spun up VPS's for testing every so often, besides for the ones I was running for production use. I may be able to stay at around the same price for the ~2 machines I normally run, but that means I'll be paying more for additional VPS's which would have been included in my current bundle, and the $8 "for life" seems to have gone out the window with the changes.

I have dedicated servers with Incero as well, and the service has been absolutely fantastic, so I'm hoping this will work out too, but what drew me to Wable initially seems to have gone...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Powerboost Perks either sounds like something I'd use to upgrade my Marvel Contest of Champions hero, or a breast fetish mag.

Thanked by 2daily sin
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2016

Just read through the email properly, I recall incero said something about running x thousands of tests and the majority would see no real difference for what they currently paid. I suspect that even Descartes would struggle to balance that up with the current pricing/resource vs new pricing/resource. Ah, no powerboost but still.

Must have missed the small print.

It might be interesting given how some $8 clients get treated to see how a $4 one gets on, I await the threads entitled 'WTF Wable, a new low' in due course :)

I don't see any mention of traffic allowances or associated upgrade costs. Maybe missed that but I got two emails and deleted one. One was a correction addressed 'Hello Gordon' which was slightly amusing (No my name is not Gordon).

For a base package it seems pretty decent more especially in Dallas, but on a comparison with DO their $20 package will set you back $35 with wable, $40 in comparison to Linode. Beyond that the pricing appears a bit silly for what Wable is able to offer in my view, not that my view is worth much or cared for I will give you that. Of course you can spin up multiple $4 VPS but that is not always what you need.

Ordering the 3 providers noted, my own preferences would put Wable last, on thinking about future upgrade needs I would remove them from the list.

Not that I am tight arse but the control panel is still weak and on a matched quality/service point of view there are equal if not better providers for the high price point (especially using OVZ) once you start to upgrade a single VPS.

Anyway had more but just a bit of musing whilst I waited on call, which has arrived. Probably just as well, the really contentious comments were still to come :P

• XenosXenos Member

@isaacl said:

Always nervous to open a support ticket, but I'll hold off a bit to see what else is released.

Make sure you have recent backups before you open a support ticket.

• @Xenos said:

@isaacl said:

Make sure you have recent backups before you open a support ticket.

^^this..

edited May 2016

@isaacl said:

@Incero said:

More updates to follow, on our facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Wable-1407513069510726/

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • (Shameless self promotion)

We've got a coupon code if you're looking for an alternative host on the same network as Wable. Use "WABLEREFUGEES" on any monthly SimpleNode products and receive your first month 40% off! Additional IPs are $1.50/month.

Coupon expires on the 31st of May.

• isaaclisaacl Member
    edited May 2016

@Incero said:

@isaacl said:

@Incero said:

More updates to follow, on our facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Wable-1407513069510726/

Nice, thanks.

Looks like my 2 base VPS's (1CPU, 1GB RAM each) now are going to each cost me around $4.32 per month, which adds up to more than my bundle 3 costs now.
    The few cents more won't really matter, but I often ran additional temporary VPS's, and was thinking about setting up something additional for production, which is going to cost much more than I was paying.
    If someone was only using 1 VPS, they might save, but it looks like everyone else is looking at a price increase, so I'm not sure how many customers will actually be pleased, and the whole advantage of having a bundle with available resources at a set cost, along with the Powerboost option, which was what Wable really promoted, is now gone...

edited May 2016

Understood. However we're not targeting bundle 3 customers with the changes. We have many customers who are on bundle 10 and higher, who only needed more CPU or more disk or more RAM, those customers will now save money by not having to buy CPU, RAM, and Disk, they can just buy whichever resource they needed.

We also have types of customers who need 100 VPS for 3 hours a month, these customers will now save dramatically, as they don't have to buy a bundle for a whole month.

We also have customers who need a VPS 9-5 for a RDP, these customers can now save by using snapshots and deleting their VPS at the end of the day (API automation), this way the customer only pays for 8 hours of usage instead of 24 hours of usage each day.

Overall, yes, we are no longer offering what was popular here on LET.

Please direct any questions to [email protected] or check our facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/Wable-1407513069510726/ ).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • seenuseenu Member

I really can not express how much sad i am today.

just 2 weeks back, after reading lot of reviews and thought process, i setup my bundle 3 with power boost

and it took me a day to transfer everything from DO to wable.

today when i check, my usage costs me around $70 from next month.

i came here to save some $20+ but now i am forced to spend $50 extra every month.

now, i need to spend 2-3 more days to read reviews and choose a new host and one day to move all (even if i decide to go back to DO)

excellent usage of my time and its giving me great $ per hour :(

• isaaclisaacl Member
    edited May 2016

Just responding here because the conversation happens to be on LET, but I already have dedicated servers with @Incero, and wouldn't consider myself an overall LowEnd (™?) customer.

Just found Wable very handy for running my low powered Linux VPS's that were easier to deploy independently, without having to have and manage separate servers, and the cost made it very attractive as well, though I'm sure that there wasn't much money coming in from myself and the other users who were in similar situations.

Just would (have) love(d) to see some sort of option to at least keep the bundle options for those that already have them and are using them (without abusing the bundle) and have been paying their bills on time, etc, so that those people don't lose out...

• Just would (have) love(d) to see some sort of option to at least keep the bundle options for those that already have them and are using them (without abusing the bundle) and have been paying their bills on time, etc, so that those people don't lose out...

I agree with you.

Incero has every right to increase the price to whatever they want, as bills are paid monthly.
    But this sucks for a lot of their bundle 3 customers.