Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable Changes - Hourly Billing - Powerboost Perks Removed!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable Changes - Hourly Billing - Powerboost Perks Removed!

JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
edited May 2016 in General

Received this email from Wable:

Our API for deployment and management of your VPS will be in public beta by June 15th. 2 factor authentication will be implemented by June 15th. A 100% up-time SLA is being introduced on June 15th.

Effective June 1st Wable's VPS service will be billed hourly for VPS and upgrades. There will no longer be "resource bundles" as a part of the service. You will be able to deploy as many VPS as you like. You will also be able to add RAM, CPU, or Disk to a VPS independently of each other without having to upgrade to a higher bundle with more resources than you need.

The new pricing for a VPS in Dallas, New York City, or Seattle will be;
Base VPS with 1 CPU (dedicated), 1GB RAM (dedicated), 30GB RAID 10 SSD $0.0055/hour (approximately $4/mo).

Upgrade pricing will be;

Additional IP $0.006/hour (6/10ths of 1 cent) (approximately $4/mo)
Additional 1GB Dedicated ECC RAM $0.007/hour (7/10ths of 1 cent) (approximately $5/mo)
Additional 10GB RAID 10 SSD $0.007/hour (7/10ths of 1 cent) (approximately $5/mo)
Additional 1x Dedicated CPU $0.028/hour (2.8 cents) (approximately $20/mo)

As always our CPUs are fully dedicated, not shared. Our RAM is also fully dedicated, not shared. All nodes are fed by redundant A+B power from A+B UPS with redundant generators. All nodes run on a redundant network. We are also excited to remind our customers that earlier this year we added flow/DDoS protection in NYC, as well as an additional 10gig redundant uplink in NYC, bringing that location up to par with our other locations.

We expect that this change will please a lot of customers whom have been wanting to upgrade certain parts of their VPS specs without having to upgrade to a whole new bundle (e.g. adding more RAM in a bundle when all they want is more CPU). We also fully expect that some customers will not be happy with these changes, for that we apologize, but we are excited to move forward. We hope that our customers will stay with us, but for those who do not accept the new pricing please close your account before June 1st ( https://wable.com/accountmanagement on the right-hand side ). Powerboost perks are being removed.

Thanks for your business we appreciate it very much,
Wable

DISCUSS!

Comments

• MunMun Member

This has been known to be coming for -months-. They even made note to it in a few threads around LET about it changing due to abuse of power bundle(s). Wable doesn't cater to LET and doesn't give a shit about this consumer base because they are a whinny bunch of drama bitches. Case and point, this thread.

Further, does it really matter anyways? This will probably decrease your bill as many of us bought the power bundle and yet never utilized the service. With it now being hourly I would have gotten away with 0.00$ a month instead of the 20$ a month I was dropping on the availability of resources that I never used.

Cheers!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

COOL

• The new pricing would have been great if it was KVM.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran

Yeah got the email my revised pricing for plan 3 + power boost which i split to 3x VPS instances increases after June 1st from $8/month to $80+ per month if i calculated correctly. I could get a dedicated server for that money ! Guess I got a bargain run for past 10 months or so :)

• DamianDamian Member

This looks fantastic. I always thought the weird dip in price in the middle of their bundles was... weird... and this puts them on-par more with other pooled-resource providers.

• seikanseikan Member

It's time to pull plug from them.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Damian said:
    This looks fantastic. I always thought the weird dip in price in the middle of their bundles was... weird... and this puts them on-par more with other pooled-resource providers.

Am I reading this wrong? Didn't they say the pools are gone and you're just paying for resources at a fixed rate?

Francisco

Thanked by 1Lee
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran

Francisco said: Am I reading this wrong? Didn't they say the pools are gone and you're just paying for resources at a fixed rate?

yeah bundles are gone now

• RizRiz Member

@deadbeef said:
    The new pricing would have been great if it was KVM.

It should be, based on their wording.....

As always our CPUs are fully dedicated, not shared. Our RAM is also fully dedicated, not shared.

The hell they are.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • DevoniusDevonius Member
    edited May 2016

Additional IP $0.006/hour (6/10ths of 1 cent) (approximately $4/mo)

this....

• HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited May 2016

@Mun said:
    Wable doesn't cater to LET and doesn't give a shit about this consumer base because they are a whinny bunch of drama bitches. Case and point, this thread.

Were there comments deleted before yours? All I see is the OP, which is basically just the announcement verbatim, one person saying "bleh", and then you insinuate the thread is full of drama bitches.

Edit: spelling

• lazytlazyt Member

Nah he's saying that all/most of the previous wable threads were full of whiney shits.

Thanked by 1Mun
  • petrispetris Member

All these changes and still no IPv6?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

the dedicated cpu crap is utter nonsense, it will be a thread not a cpu that's dedicated.

• I'm taking note, in case I want to drive my business to the ground lol.. I'm sure their monthly income will decrease significantly

• tommytommy Member

@HackedServer said:

Were there comments deleted before yours? All I see is the OP, which is basically just the announcement verbatim, one person saying "bleh", and then you insinuate the thread is full of drama bitches.

No there's no comment before him expext theroyalstudent. He come to rescue wable in every thread.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

minimald said: I'm taking note, in case I want to drive my business to the ground lol.. I'm sure their monthly income will decrease significantly

I doubt it. At this stage, I doubt any Incero customer can see this as a surprise.

And whoever does care about it, should should've signed a contract to begin with.

• I have a $8 resource bundles with 4 IPs, so my bills will be 4 * 4 = $16 right? The price will be doubled.

• xaitmixaitmi Member

Sorry, registrations are closed until June 15th 2016.

:cry:

• lazytlazyt Member

Let's see does what LET wants Deadpools. See a bunch of comments for saying doom for ignoring LET. Still in business and growing.

• tommytommy Member
    edited May 2016

footer from email blast

You received this email because you have an open Wable account.
    To unsubscribe to Wable service update emails close your Wable account.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

tommy said: You received this email because you have an open Wable account. To unsubscribe to Wable service update emails close your Wable account.

Hm, what is wrong with that? Having some customers who are not subscribed to important service announcements seems like it could be a big problem. For example there might be legal requirements to notifying customers about some kinds of things, and I imagine most customers would definitely want to receive a pricing change notification like this one.

Or if that wasn't your point, then what was? (maybe you mean you already closed your Wable account?)

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • AND... the frantic budget clients flood my inbox.

Refugee offer ? @Awmusic12635 The 50% code expired by the time I decided to try.

• dailydaily Member

@perennate said:

tommy said: You received this email because you have an open Wable account. To unsubscribe to Wable service update emails close your Wable account.

Hm, what is wrong with that? Having some customers who are not subscribed to important service announcements seems like it could be a big problem. For example there might be legal requirements to notifying customers about some kinds of things, and I imagine most customers would definitely want to receive a pricing change notification like this one.

Or if that wasn't your point, then what was? (maybe you mean you already closed your Wable account?)

I think it would be much more reasonable for it to say..

"You received this email because you have an open Wable account. To unsubscribe to Wable service update emails, edit the settings in the client area."

• MunMun Member

@tommy said:

@HackedServer said:

No there's no comment before him expext theroyalstudent. He come to rescue wable in every thread.

To be clear I used to be a wable customer. Found I never really used the service and canceled. I don't like the new pricing, and would never buy the product. However, I still think this thread is bull shit and just here for Drama~~~~

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • praveenpraveen Member

Good that I already moved from them..

• RizRiz Member

@vimalware said:
    AND... the frantic budget clients flood my inbox.

Refugee offer ? @Awmusic12635 The 50% code expired by the time I decided to try.

@Awmusic12635 is still using Incero IIRC, but thankfully not guided by their horrible leader Gordon. If only @Incero knew how to learn, and adapt rather then being known for their sheisty antics.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • Wable are awful to their customers.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2016

Hopefully those who aren't happy with the recent changes can have a smooth migration away.

[Ruthless self promotion]

Promotion code WABLEAWAY for a 50% recurring discount on any virtual machines deployed before 01/08/2016 - Existing Wable Customers Only!

Just enter the code when spinning up a new virtual machines..

[Ruthless self promotion]

Cheers,

Jacob.