Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone using VPSSIM ( a Bash script auto setup Nginx, PHP-FPM, MariaDB and Manage VPS) here?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone using VPSSIM ( a Bash script auto setup Nginx, PHP-FPM, MariaDB and Manage VPS) here?

teppeikunteppeikun Member
edited May 2016 in Reviews

I have updated VPSSIM to 2.4.9 version with many utilities. Hope a lot of people like and use it.

If you are using VPSSIM, can you tell me what do you think about it ? It is bad or good.

If you do not know about what VPSSIM is. Please visit: https://vpssim.com or using command below to setup vpssim:

yum -y install wget && wget https://vpssim.com/install && sh install

VPSSIM current support Centos 6 and centos 7. You need a fresh VPS to install VPSSIM.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• roykemroykem Member
    edited May 2016

Nice script, will try this definitely.

Hope this will work fine in my LEB VPS.

Thanked by 2cablepick teppeikun
  • @roykem said:

VPSSIM works on centos only.
    After using it, please let me know how do you feel.
    Thanks.

• CatalinCatalin Member

Very nice.. but would be nicer with let's encrypt for ssl

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • user123user123 Member

@teppeikun said:

@roykem said:

Thanks.

I haven't used your script, but I do feel hungry.

• its hard to me, migration server, i'm using VPSSIM 6 month, its work fine, after that i'm try migration my server and, the trouble with phpmyadmin. look some error, but i'm try import to localhost (xampp) its works fine. but in new vps installed vpssim error.
    my vps ovh ssd with minimum installation OS, i know the recomended not use minimum OS, but how to fix that, the OVH just delivered minimum OS.
    can you explain how to fix the minimum OS what VPSSIM mean? thanks

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • teppeikunteppeikun Member
    edited May 2016

@Catalin said:

Thank you.
    I am finding the easy way to add Let's Encrypt to VPSSIM.
    When i find out, i will add to VPSSIM.

@user123 said:

@teppeikun said:

@roykem said:

Thanks.

I haven't used your script, but I do feel hungry.

Thank you very much.

@PremiumFast_Net said:
    its hard to me, migration server, i'm using VPSSIM 6 month, its work fine, after that i'm try migration my server and, the trouble with phpmyadmin. look some error, but i'm try import to localhost (xampp) its works fine. but in new vps installed vpssim error.
    my vps ovh ssd with minimum installation OS, i know the recomended not use minimum OS, but how to fix that, the OVH just delivered minimum OS.
    can you explain how to fix the minimum OS what VPSSIM mean? thanks

i installed VPSSIM one time in Ramnode OpenVZ, it error and i did not find out the reason :). But if you can install VPSSIM in Centos minimum and it works without error, you can be assured of continued using.
    Sometime, phpmyadmin error when importing data, depending on the error message you back VPS config accordingly. Maybe increase file size upload in php.ini, timeout for nginx...

But from VPSSIM version 2.4.9, you can use VPSSIM ( Resote Database function) to recover database with many different database formats: SQL, TAR.GZ, SQL.GZ and ZIP.
    It is easier than using PHPmyadmin, faster and Unlimited file size.

• edited May 2016

@teppeikun said:
    i installed VPSSIM one time in Ramnode OpenVZ, it error and i did not find out the reason :). But if you can install VPSSIM in Centos minimum and it works without error, you can be assured of continued using.
    Sometime, phpmyadmin error when importing data, depending on the error message you back VPS config accordingly. Maybe increase file size upload in php.ini, timeout for nginx...

But from VPSSIM version 2.4.9, you can use VPSSIM ( Resote Database function) to recover database with many different database formats: SQL, TAR.GZ, SQL.GZ and ZIP.
    It is more easier than using PHPmyadmin and Unlimited file size.

i think same like that.
    actually is very confused with vpssim restore database.
    i use manually command and its works.

mysql -u user -p dbname < dbname.sql

Edit:
    if in ramnode i don't know because i'm not ready try buy something vps in there.
    can you explain whats error you get in there?

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • edited May 2016

let try use letencrypt:

service nginx stop yum -y update yum -y upgrade yum -y install git cd /tmp git clone https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt cd letsencrypt ./letsencrypt-auto --help all ./letsencrypt-auto certonly --rsa-key-size 4096

First create ssl in vpssim menu.
    edit config vhost:

ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/lowendtalk.com/fullchain.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/lowendtalk.com/privkey.pem;

service nginx restart

happy with leencrypt

Thanked by 2teppeikun ariq01
  • @PremiumFast_Net said:

@teppeikun said:

It is more easier than using PHPmyadmin and Unlimited file size.

i think same like that.
    actually is very confused with vpssim restore database.
    i use manually command and its works.

mysql -u user -p dbname < dbname.sql

Edit:
    if in ramnode i don't know because i'm not ready try buy something vps in there.
    can you explain whats error you get in there?

I can not setup Nginx but it is okay now. Maybe they fixxed

@PremiumFast_Net said:
    let try use letencrypt:
    ``service nginx stop
    yum -y update
    yum -y upgrade
    yum -y install git
    cd /tmp
    git clone https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt
    cd letsencrypt
    ./letsencrypt-auto --help all
    ./letsencrypt-auto certonly --rsa-key-size 4096

First create ssl in vpssim menu.
    edit config vhost:

ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/lowendtalk.com/fullchain.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/lowendtalk.com/privkey.pem;

service nginx restart

happy with leencrypt

Thank you very much.

• squibssquibs Member

Thanks for this - I think it will replace centminmod for me. I went from a clean install of centos to a subdomain wordpress multisite install in the time it took me to drink a coffee. Nifty script and lots of useful functionality.

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • tenperatenpera Member

@teppeikun any MTA? such as Postfix?

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • @squibs said:
    Thanks for this - I think it will replace centminmod for me. I went from a clean install of centos to a subdomain wordpress multisite install in the time it took me to drink a coffee. Nifty script and lots of useful functionality.

Thank you.
    if you have a problem with VPSSIM, please let me know to fix it.

@tenpera said:
    @teppeikun any MTA? such as Postfix?

Sorry. VPSSIM do not support MTA. You can try free service of yandex.com.
    I think it is better than using your own email server.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited May 2016

@Catalin said:

Has anybody tried https://certbot.eff.org/ ?

• How secure is this thing, out of the box ?

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • @Junkless said:
    How secure is this thing, out of the box ?

VPSSIM including bash scripts running on SSH only. if someone want to hack VPSSIM, must log into the VPS first.
    Sorry for my bad english: out of the box means ?

@all: VPSSIM update to 2.5.0
    :)

• @teppeikun said:
    VPSSIM including bash scripts running on SSH only. if someone want to hack VPSSIM, must log into the VPS first.

Out of the box means, without doing any additional settings. Just installing VPSSIM .. is the VPS secure enough to prevent malicious attempts ? As in, does this script configure iptables/csf/lfd etc to keep the vps secure ?

• teppeikunteppeikun Member
    edited May 2016

@Junkless said:

@teppeikun said:

Out of the box means, without doing any additional settings. Just installing VPSSIM .. is the VPS secure enough to prevent malicious attempts ? As in, does this script configure iptables/csf/lfd etc to keep the vps secure ?

for almost people, i think it is enough.
    But you can re-config it for more secure.

• @kingpin said:

@Catalin said:

Using it on one of my VPSes; it's been working for 2 months now.

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • @doghouch said:

@kingpin said:

@Catalin said:

Using it on one of my VPSes; it's been working for 2 months now.

Thanks.

• imortimort Member

Looks pretty nice, but I personally didn't like to use such a tools because of they needs to be updated all the time and so.

I'd found a something like that there, which is working like SaaS and didn't require anything to be installed on your server at all. Really like it, one click and you have your LAMP or LEMP installed and ready like a magic and phpmyadmin already included.

Brilliant!

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • @imort said:
    Looks pretty nice, but I personally didn't like to use such a tools because of they needs to be updated all the time and so.

I'd found a something like that there, which is working like SaaS and didn't require anything to be installed on your server at all. Really like it, one click and you have your LAMP or LEMP installed and ready like a magic and phpmyadmin already included.

Brilliant!

Thank you.
    VPSSIM is free, very simple to setup and manage VPS.
    If you using wordpress code, i thing, you do not need to know much about command can also manage and master VPS :)

@all: I have update VPSSIM to 2.5.1 support config Block Exploits, SQL Injections..., Allow/Deny Run Script Inside Writable Directories and much more other updates.

Hope you like.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • i am using this script. and one of best i found over simple LNMP script.

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • JacobJacob Member

Also using this in a few customer environments and it works nicely, saves a lot of time as opposed to doing this manually.

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • Although it would be great as an automatic installation script, I prefer to configure + tune the software I use to my requirements.

I took a look at your script, and it's actually pretty good.

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • I haven't used this yet, but I do have a couple idle VPS's sitting around will give it a try today or tomorrow

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    Although it would be great as an automatic installation script, I prefer to configure + tune the software I use to my requirements.

I took a look at your script, and it's actually pretty good.

You can using VPSSIM to setup vps then reconfig it as you want.
    Then, you can using VPSSIM with alot of usefull tools and have a vps with your config too :)

@Brannin said:
    I haven't used this yet, but I do have a couple idle VPS's sitting around will give it a try today or tomorrow

After testing VPSSIM, please write some commment about it.
    Thank you very much.

• Four20Four20 Member

This is an awesome script. I used it a lot and going to start using it again.
    I remember I emailed u once about adding an option to add custom error pages.

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • FritzFritz Veteran

teppeikun said: After testing VPSSIM, please write some commment about it. Thank you very much.

Add more feature like Jailkit and mail?

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • nockernocker Member

Centminmod is much better

Thanked by 1teppeikun