Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secure Dragon review (4 years)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Secure Dragon review (4 years)

WootWootWootWoot Member, Host Rep, LIR

We've been a customer of Secure Dragon since 2012. We host few websites from their servers, notably our web hosting business' website. Uptime has always been excellent. The few issues that arose over those 4 years were all professionally and transparently dealt with. It's obvious that Secure Dragon cares about their customers and their business. Highly recommended.

Comments

• Woot woot.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2016

Indeed, they are one of the best small providers which has ever advertised in this forum and one which is still true to the original low end specs.

They also got locations all around the US, some of them in very nice datacenters/networks. Oh, and free DDoS protection in Oregon!

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • sinsin Member

I picked up my first SecureDragon VPS this past week and I love it. Their control panel is great, love all the little features. I was looking for a DDoS protected VPS and I was pretty happy to see that they had free DDoS protection in the Oregon location (and LA too).

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • What is it? I never heard it

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Thanks @WootWoot and everybody else for all the awesome comments. :)

Thanked by 3inthecloudblog ATHK sin
  • NdhaNdha Member

@KuJoe said:

Yes, @KuJoe your services is awesome, even with little downtime you give credits to customer. not all top 10 best providers in LET give this. Thanks..

Thanked by 2KuJoe inthecloudblog
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Kudos to KuJoe! :-) His KuJoe-Fu is legendary.

• pcanpcan Member

I have a few Wordpress sites hosted on Secure Dragon since 2012. Tickets have always been replied with a useful answer in short time (less than a hour sometimes). I had to wait a few days once, because Joe was not able to fix a issue immediately, but I was kept up to date in the meantime. There is a public network/server status page, I used it several times to check if the issue was on my website or on the whole server (it always was my website, sadly - those pesky free wordpress plugins). The knowledge base/FAQ area is unusually good.

This is the only LEB provider were I renew the web hosting services with the 24 month option. It is not the best performing VPS/hosting in the world, and it had a few issues since I started using it, but It seems to be a well managed small operation overall.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • NielsHNielsH Member

@KuJoe said:

New offers soon? Bitcoin accepted? ;)

• DreamCasterDreamCaster Member
    edited May 2016

Kudos to @Kujoe. Running a great business.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • What is it? I never heard it

• dailydaily Member

@jarland @Amitz @Ishaq - is @robinhood2894 our good friend @onecloudyNET by chance?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

dailymc said: our good friend @onecloudyNET by chance?

Doesn't seem to be.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@NielsH said:

@KuJoe said:

New offers soon? Bitcoin accepted? ;)

No plans for any specials at this time. We do accept Bitcoin but please note that bitcoin payments are non-refundable.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Good service, will consider signing up again soon

• sinsin Member

I wish every openvz provider had a sweet panel like SecureDragon.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • patbpatb Member

I also used SecureDragon for 4 years and always had superb service.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Keep kickin' ass @kujoe.

Francisco

• edited May 2016

I've been using those boxes (vpss ) with 32 mb back then. Recommended such service to a former co worker who got a bigger box .
    Latency from Florida to Buenos Aires is great.
    Side note :been quoted in his front page as for my testimonial in wht :)
    Now I use their shared plan only.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • @dailymc said:
    @jarland @Amitz @Ishaq - is @robinhood2894 our good friend @onecloudyNET by chance?

Can you explain for me ?

• noamannoaman Member

Member without signature?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2016

robinhood2894 said: Can you explain for me ?

Okay, let me try. There are bees. And there are blossoms. The rest is up to your fantasy.
    No, seriously, what would you like to have explained exactly?

Thanked by 2sin O0ooo
  • sinsin Member

If you're looking for an excuse to try out SecureDragon then:

Purchase one of SecureDragon's 128mb plans and choose the DDoS protected Oregon location (or LA which has Quadranet's VEST DDOS mitigation) and install Hiawatha Webserver to use Hiawatha's reverse proxy capability. You'll have a sweet Hiawatha Reverse Proxy (with all of Hiawatha's security features) along with SecureDragon's DDoS protection so you can protect your websites!

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • ricardoricardo Member

I have around 15 containers with them and the only time I'm reminded I'm a customer is the yearly invoice. Perfect.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

Amitz said: No, seriously, what would you like to have explained exactly?

The meaning of life

• AmitzAmitz Member

@miTgiB said:

Amitz said: No, seriously, what would you like to have explained exactly?

The meaning of life

Don't waste too much time for sorrows. Be nice to other people, when appropriate. Enjoy being healthy as long as you can. Love. 42.

Thanked by 2miTgiB KuJoe