Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs

Comments

• It will come within about 30-60 minutes.

• FiddeFidde Member

@Arjon said:
    I created the order and i confirmed the email from alphassl and i have not received any email..

If you don't get the cert soon, either open a ticket with your domain name or post your domain name and I'll add it to your product info like this :)

• @Fidde said:

@Arjon said:
    I created the order and i confirmed the email from alphassl and i have not received any email..

If you don't get the cert soon, either open a ticket with your domain name or post your domain name and I'll add it to your product info like this :)

I requested cancellation and reordered it.

• FiddeFidde Member

Alright, my WHMCS license is up for renewal and I won't be renewing it since I only use it for this. I might give away certs again if someone writes a module for WHSuite (I got a free license since I translated it) or just some normal automation (that way I don't have to do anything but keeping the website up :) ).

I don't know if I have the time to issue the certs as quickly as I would like, I've been working a lot lately and will be working more and then certs won't be issued more than once per week.

Thanked by 1Vall
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@Fidde I can take SSL orders on a "sleeping" WHMCS, if you are interested and forward batch somehow to you to do it.

• VallVall Member

Many thanks to @Fidde for the free certs, helped me a lot. I hope someone will write you that WHSuite module you need to keep this going.

• WHSuite?

Well, at least you're not using BoxBilling.

• FiddeFidde Member
    edited May 2016

@Radi said:
    @Fidde I can take SSL orders on a "sleeping" WHMCS, if you are interested and forward batch somehow to you to do it.

Nah, I'll keep my WHMCS site up but without a key (thanks for the offer tho), that way people can check their certs if I have entered it into their product info. I still get emails when people order I guess it would be the same on your install. I don't however have the time it takes to issue all certs in a timely manner. I work more hours pretty much every month and if anything, I'd like to have some free time instead of having to issue certs :) As said before, I could create some sub-accounts and you can try to create some kind of automation, (or just issue certs for yourself I guess :P) but until then, I don't feel like getting deeply involved :)

@Vall said:
    Many thanks to @Fidde for the free certs, helped me a lot. I hope someone will write you that WHSuite module you need to keep this going.

It doesn't have to be a WHSuite mod, it can be a simple PHP-script or whatever-script that can be hosted on a VPS, as long as it works, I'm happy :)

@FlamesRunner said:
    WHSuite?

Well, at least you're not using BoxBilling.

I think the guys behind WHSuite really wants to make a great product, and I like competition, it forces the leaders in the industry to keep pushing forward, and however many startup fails, the leaders have already been made the change. I think WHSuite needs to mature a bit more, I would have used it initially but it didn't have any way to setup a "custom product", just a simple order form with text-boxes, which I was very disappointed with (even BoxBilling has this :( ). In a few months if they keep going and get people developing mods and creating cool stuff around their system, (or helping translating the project) I think they will have a strong product. :)
    I got BoxBilling for free when I had my Hosting24 reseller account a few years ago, even at that time it seemed dead ;)

@Fidde If you can create me a sub-account I am willing to issue certs once every 2-3 days.

• ShadeShade Member
    edited May 2016

I smell that this will not have a good end... are you sure you know what you're doing? Abusing API's from singlehop to throw out "free" (SingleHop network only) certificates? I bet all your certificates will get revoked very soon... good luck!

• FiddeFidde Member

@Radi said:
    @Fidde If you can create me a sub-account I am willing to issue certs once every 2-3 days.

I can give you a sub-account, you may use it however you want, if you want to issue certs to the community or just for yourself :) PM me with your email and I'll give you access :)

@Shade said:
    I smell that this will not have a good end... are you sure you know what you're doing? Abusing API's from singlehop to throw out "free" (SingleHop network only) certificates? I bet all your certificates will get revoked very soon... good luck!

I'm not sure the certs will get revoked, we will have to see (there is a big chance they are) :).
    I'm 100% sure what I am doing, the number of certificates I issue doesn't cost them a dime, I'm sure they are just happy I pay them money every month and not even having my VPS powered on :)

GlobalSign/AlphaSSL on the other hand might not like this as I would say this might devalue their brand (and they have to publish all revoked certificates in their CRL, that's what StartSSL charges for, this is the real cost of being a SSL-provider) but even if the certs gets revoked, they can be issued again.

Thanked by 1MissFortune
  • Mine Invoice #519 marked as canceled is there anything wrong?

• @Fidde I'd be glad to try making a module/script to auto-issue certificates if you give me a sub-account. I think that I have a solution to the CSRF token problem :)

• FiddeFidde Member

@doghouch said:
    @Fidde I'd be glad to try making a module/script to auto-issue certificates if you give me a sub-account. I think that I have a solution to the CSRF token problem :)

Sure, PM me with your email and I'll give you an account so you can try it out :)

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • TomTom Member

Can help out if needed.

Thanked by 1Droid
  • onionnuonionnu Member

What is the status of this? Permanently out of stock, or will stock return?

Nice of you to offer this.

@onionnu said:
    What is the status of this? Permanently out of stock, or will stock return?

Nice of you to offer this.

I will post an order link shortly. If you can wait, ok, if no PM me CSR and WHOIS email and I'll create a SSL for you.

Thanked by 1onionnu
  • Radi said: I will post an order link shortly. If you can wait, ok, if no PM me CSR and WHOIS email and I'll create a SSL for you.

Hi, can I get SSL to, if I PM with CSR and Whois?

@newbiemasih said:

Radi said: I will post an order link shortly. If you can wait, ok, if no PM me CSR and WHOIS email and I'll create a SSL for you.

Hi, can I get SSL to, if I PM with CSR and Whois?

Sure

• onionnuonionnu Member
    edited May 2016

Very very nice. :3

https://hostsymbol.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

Here is a new order link on the same terms. I have got an approval by @Fidde to provide this.

Thanked by 2hotsnow Nihim
  • NihimNihim Member

@Radi said:
    https://hostsymbol.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

Here is a new order link on the same terms. I have got an approval by @Fidde to provide this.

for me and for any other who might want a confirmation:

A. whois email is in the format of [email protected] / [email protected] / etc

B. ssl common name for a wildcard cert is *.domain.com or just domain.com?

and thanks :)

edited May 2016

A. you can use [email protected] or the email in WHOIS(I think it should work, though i have not tried with it)

B. for wildcard its *.domain.com, for regular its domain.com

Just verified: WHOIS emails do NOT work. Please use [email protected] from now on.

Thanks.

• muzumbumuzumbu Member

Tried to get a ssl and I get : We are currently out of stock on this item so orders for it have been suspended until more stock is available.

I know it's free and depends on your own free time, but do you have an ETA on when new orders could be placed ?

Cheers !

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2016

@Radi You should remove the "Provided by: ...." and "can be revoked at any time by ...." parts, after all this practice of giving out free certs to random people is unofficial and is not approved by them. There's no need to attract extra attention to where these certs are sourced from.

Thanked by 1lifehome

@muzumbu https://hostsymbol.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

@rm_ Thanks for suggestion. Can you check now?

Thanked by 1rm_
  • oh, you've managed to automate the process!

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Got the DV Email ! Approved it already. Anyone know how long it takes to be issued ??

@century1stop said:
    oh, you've managed to automate the process!

It is 90% automated. There is still 2-3 min manual work, to provision an SSL.

Thanked by 1doghouch
This discussion has been closed.