Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience

Comments

• ivankivank Member
    edited May 2016

That may have been a different pickup, mine is still "Scheduled". Who knows.

Edit: nope. That was mine. "There is a delay with your pickup. Please contact FedEx Customer Service to schedule a pickup or drop off your package at one of the FedEx locations nearest you."

"Pickup exception Local holiday- business closed"

• lazytlazyt Member

Sounds like my ongoing experiences with FedEx.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

USPS will indeed cost you less to ship the HDD, but one of the following is guaranteed to occur in shipment;

Lost somewhere between pickup and warehouse
    Stolen by driver
    Used as door stop
    Thrown at something or someone
    General harsh treatment
    Delivered to thieving neighbor
    Put in a bin
    Thrown over fence
    Thrown at a dog/your dog
    Please comment to add more

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

pbgben said: Thrown over fence

You mean like this?

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@pbgben said:
    USPS will indeed cost you less to ship the HDD, but one of the following is guaranteed to occur in shipment;

Stolen by driver
    Used as door stop
    General harsh treatment
    Put in a bin
    Thrown over fence
    Thrown at a dog/your dog

LOL your post made my day!

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

pbgben said: Thrown over fence

You mean like this?

@zafouhar said:

@pbgben said:

Stolen by driver
    Used as door stop
    General harsh treatment
    Put in a bin
    Thrown over fence
    Thrown at a dog/your dog

LOL your post made my day!

Thanked by 1Four20
  • edited May 2016

^^ The FedEx truck at 3:47 is a gem!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ivankivank Member

A boring shipment conclusion for you: Fedex Express pickup managed to pick up my package on Tue May 3 after being told which floor to go to. I received my drive today, Thu May 5 and it is working order.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @ivank said:
    A boring shipment conclusion for you: Fedex Express pickup managed to pick up my package on Tue May 3 after being told which floor to go to. I received my drive today, Thu May 5 and it is working order.

Finally. Go Delimiter!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @ivank said:

This episod of Delimiter saga is kinda long.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Good to hear at least the drive is ok.

• @deank said:
    You know, all this drama just to ship a frigging HDD... Talk about incompetence.

ln /bin/incompetence /bin/delimiter

Thanked by 1hawc
  • MatthewMMatthewM Member
    edited May 2016

@hawc said:
    Im going to put it out here. This puts Delimiter below Online.net and that is saying something.

At least online is reliable.

• Delimiter is usually quick in responding to their competition downtime with refugee offers, but where are they now?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@volumedrive now is the chance. Go. Go. Go.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited May 2016

@PremiumN said:
    Delimiter is usually quick in responding to their competition downtime with refugee offers, but where are they now?

One of them is banned and the other is just reading but not commenting probably at damage control mode by now with this thread and the reddit thread.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@PremiumN said:
    Delimiter is usually quick in responding to their competition downtime with refugee offers, but where are they now?

Showing good judgement and not taking the bait.

Wouldn't surprise me Delimiter were actually done with this place now, unless LET makes up a significant amount of the customer base, I can't see how it's worth the aggro for them to be here.

• SadySady Member

@hawc said:
    @volumedrive now is the chance. Go. Go. Go.

Or maybe @dacentec
    But they would need a professionle attitude like Mark.

Thanked by 2netomx srvrpro
  • lazytlazyt Member

From comments made by multiple providers that over 60% of the business they get from LET being fraud or abuse. I wonder why anyone would admit to being a provider here.

Then toss in the attack mentality that has been running rampant of late. I still expect the levels of good providers to continue to drop on here.

Me I'm just here for the drama and the occasional nugget of useful information that shows up,

• roronarorona Member

This saga actually affected me negatively.
    Since the slot hosting is discontinued, they're unwilling to build an extra server to fill my order.
    I have a pending slot hosting paid for but not provisioned, for 2 months already.
    And unable to give me an ETA.

What shall I do?

• IshaqIshaq Member

Ask them for a refund?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dailydaily Member

Ask for a refund and for the drive to be shipped back. This may work with varying levels of speed though.

• I hope the saga not continued.

• tommytommy Member

Refund for sure.

• roronarorona Member

@dailymc said:
    Ask for a refund and for the drive to be shipped back. This may work with varying levels of speed though.

Which, the drives were bought from Amazon by Delimiter for me.
    I'll certainly look into getting it shipped elsewhere if it is not provisioned by end of next week.

I wonder how hard is it to fit 2 drives in whatever server they have in stock and turn it into a slot hosting server...or just give me a dedi...

• imortimort Member

Well you get what are you pays for, don't you?! :)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@lazyt said:
    From comments made by multiple providers that over 60% of the business they get from LET being fraud or abuse. I wonder why anyone would admit to being a provider here.

Then toss in the attack mentality that has been running rampant of late. I still expect the levels of good providers to continue to drop on here.

Me I'm just here for the drama and the occasional nugget of useful information that shows up,

I don't think I've ever had an order from LET end up being fraud, granted LET is a small portion of my sales.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2016

imort said: Well you get what are you pays for, don't you?! :)

But in this case he didn't smart arse.

Thanked by 2daily Pwner
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

rorona said: I have a pending slot hosting paid for but not provisioned, for 2 months already. And unable to give me an ETA.

rorona said: Which, the drives were bought from Amazon by Delimiter for me. I'll certainly look into getting it shipped elsewhere if it is not provisioned by end of next week.

Just to clarify...two months ago you ordered through Delimiter and paid for drives(s), and two months later you still have not been setup?

This discussion has been closed.