Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What service is not readily available in this industry? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What service is not readily available in this industry?

2»

Comments

• @skirtTight said: Barely have any bandie on them

5 TB on 1 Gbps is barely any? I mean yeah... we can go higher if need be, what are your requirements?

• @BlueVM said: 5 TB on 1 Gbps is barely any? I mean yeah... we can go higher if need be, what are your requirements?

35tb+

• Storage VPS for backups, storage, etc.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited December 2012

@Mun said: Storage VPS for backups, storage, etc.

Quite a lot of providers have offered this now or are going to. I think this market is filled.

Off the top of my head:
    BuyVM
    Prometeus (with M doing the trial)
    BlueVM (announced plans earlier)
    IPXCore
    Fliphost
    Fusioned
    VortexUnit (planning - raised a thread on it)
    Cloud Shards

I think there are more either in the works or have already posted offers on it. Sorry if I missed anyone and I did deliberately put mine last.

• @Mun said: Storage VPS for backups, storage, etc.

even better than leb: amazon glacier

0.01 per gb <3

• nobody offers openvz templates for Archie, Gopher, Veronica and Jughead. why???????

• Because they're not commonly needed. Log a ticket with your favorite provider and ask :)

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited December 2012

Managed offsite automated backups for VPS that restores in 1 click, that you don't need technical knowledge to work.

• a robot that does all of the commands for me.

• Service with all templates from Ubuntu 6 to 12, etc. Sometimes a particular software only runs on a particular release.

• @jcaleb said: Service with all templates from Ubuntu 6 to 12, etc. Sometimes a particular software only runs on a particular release.

I think it would be extremely irresponsible for hosts to provide templates for operating systems that are no longer receiving security updates. That's just asking for trouble.

• ChanChan Member
    edited December 2012

I want a hourly billable SSD-powered LEB for VNC-ing. I currently have a ramnode for that and it performs really well, but I seldom use it and paying $5 every month just to use it for a hour or two doesn't really justify the cost.

PS: something like Amazon's business model will be great

• @serverbear said: Managed offsite automated backups for VPS that restores in 1 click, that you don't need technical knowledge to work.

LFCVPS has this feature, and it is wonderful feature. And they have been on LEB before. 1Gb RAM xen for $7 a month