Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS for webmail (with space!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS for webmail (with space!)

niamniamniamniamniamniam Member
edited May 2016 in General

Hi, I have my own website hosted on a HostUS VPS, as well as a couple Digital Ocean and one BudgetVM that I manage for some clients.
And got a project in with the company want to have total control over they webmail/e-mail server and do it on a budget.
They have 76 users of the webmail. The actual provider charge $30/month fot the first 50 users and $1/month for every extra user, and provide every inbox with a 250mb of space (It's a weird plan, that is offered with the usage of a very specific real estate CRM that is the number one real estate CRM on my country), but now, the provider made a deal with google, and want to charge every user for a regular google apps for business cost (I guess is on the $8 user/month) and the company cannot pay that for every user.
I genuinelly think they webmail client is crap. And I really want to make a better way for the company access their e-mail, specially if it is cheaper than the normal.
Since the first $30 are tied to their CRM I really looking to spend the $26 extra to make a awesome VPS, with space enough for my users never have to delete a e-mail.
And looking for sugestions.
LET Have being awesome for me, and really hoping to hear from you guys, how you do e-mail

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

So 20gb of mailboxes, and a website? I'd recommend getting a vps with a webhost panel like cpanel or plesk. With the right license you can have unlimited email accounts and domains.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

Actually, mxroute can do this, the mx2 plan is $15 a month and has 30gb storage and unlimited email accounts.

Thanked by 1niamniamniam
  • Kyn_DHKyn_DH Member

+1 with mxroute

Thanked by 1niamniamniam
  • budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited May 2016

Get VPS with clean ip and install Mail-in-a-Box.
    $26 budget should give you a decent VPS.

• tommytommy Member

If you just want something that just work, dont ever ever hosted your own mail server, except you want to learning.

Dont use user as testbed, its not worth you time to debugging issue.

Try yandex. Or get shared hosting from hawkhost or downtownhost

Thanked by 1niamniamniam
  • jaejae Member

@niamniamniam said:
    Hi, I have my own website hosted on a HostUS VPS, as well as a couple Digital Ocean and one BudgetVM that I manage for some clients.
    And got a project in with the company want to have total control over they webmail/e-mail server and do it on a budget.

Find KVM with at least 2gb ram, with clean ip of course. some provider even have os with iredmail/zimbra template in their plan. personaly i prefer use web panel (cwp,, vetacp, etc) , as you will have full control over MTA and can install any webmail sofware we like.

Thanked by 1niamniamniam
  • @pbgben said:
    Actually, mxroute can do this, the mx2 plan is $15 a month and has 30gb storage and unlimited email accounts.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Get this

http://billing.mxroute.com/announcements.php?id=73

/thread

MXRoute seems awesome, but can someone who uses it tell me if they work on multiple languages? My users need a full native language control panel/interface.
    I used to have one intranet message server that we have to kill cause, even with the option of the native language, users didn't like to change de english default one... Those are the guys I'm dealing with...
    I also tagging @jarland cause I think he is the owner of mxroute, and maybe he can awser it.

@tommy said:
    If you just want something that just work, dont ever ever hosted your own mail server, except you want to learning.

Dont use user as testbed, its not worth you time to debugging issue.

Try yandex. Or get shared hosting from hawkhost or downtownhost

Yeah, a couple of people said the same to me... Is starting to look like that is absolutely not the way to go.
    But yandex doesn't work on my language, and I think that shared would be taking a risk off some other use having the ip blacklisted, right?

@jae said:

@niamniamniam said:

Find KVM with at least 2gb ram, with clean ip of course. some provider even have os with iredmail/zimbra template in their plan. personaly i prefer use web panel (cwp,, vetacp, etc) , as you will have full control over MTA and can install any webmail sofware we like.

Yeah that was a awesome point, completely forgot about blacklisted spam ip... I think that theres even a risk of my users screwing up the ip if they send too much mail right? Man... there is too much that could go wrong...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

niamniamniam said: MXRoute seems awesome, but can someone who uses it tell me if they work on multiple languages? My users need a full native language control panel/interface. I used to have one intranet message server that we have to kill cause, even with the option of the native language, users didn't like to change de english default one... Those are the guys I'm dealing with... I also tagging @jarland cause I think he is the owner of mxroute, and maybe he can awser it.

Sure. Support will be in English though. Everything will default to English but can be set otherwise. Example:

https://ocean.mxroute.com:2083

Thanked by 1niamniamniam
  • @jarland said:

niamniamniam said: MXRoute seems awesome, but can someone who uses it tell me if they work on multiple languages? My users need a full native language control panel/interface. I used to have one intranet message server that we have to kill cause, even with the option of the native language, users didn't like to change de english default one... Those are the guys I'm dealing with... I also tagging @jarland cause I think he is the owner of mxroute, and maybe he can awser it.

Sure. Support will be in English though. Everything will default to English but can be set otherwise. Example:

https://ocean.mxroute.com:2083

Don't worry, support in english is cool (altough I know that I make mistakes, I can be understanded and undertand you jarland!)
    I'll get me some mxroute as soon as possible! Just a little doubt, the Spring 2016 Special won't have cpanel right? If not, what is the panel for that???

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@niamniamniam said:
    I'll get me some mxroute as soon as possible! Just a little doubt, the Spring 2016 Special won't have cpanel right? If not, what is the panel for that???

It does. I have a bit of explanation here:

http://billing.mxroute.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=12