Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good free WHMCS modules?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good free WHMCS modules?

I will setup WHMCS tomorrow for the first time. My budget is limited for now so I am curious to know some of the best free modules. Any suggestions?

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

to do what? what is it you need the module to do?

Alexander

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Please don't treat WHMCS as WordPress and unnecessarily install modules/plugins you don't need just because they are popular...

• @AlexanderM said:
    to do what? what is it you need the module to do?

Alexander

I have yet to learn to setup WHMCS and I was searching for good addons that can be used and get ideas about automation.

@shovenose said:
    Please don't treat WHMCS as WordPress and unnecessarily install modules/plugins you don't need just because they are popular...

I never install wordpress plugins because they are popular...

• Why is that better than this https://fraudrecord.com/integration/ ?

PS: You should allow orders from VPN because someone might be using a vpn to pay safely from a public wifi.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@Arjon I just noted module we use mostly on whmcs

I am not ready to discuss whether we allow Vpn client or not. Rejecting a client depends on many no. of factors

• @Arjon said:

Why is that better than this https://fraudrecord.com/integration/ ?

PS: You should allow orders from VPN because someone might be using a vpn to pay safely from a public wifi.

That can be Configured in the settings since I made that module so I know

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • @vpsGOD said:
    @Arjon I just noted module we use mostly on whmcs

>

I am not ready to discuss whether we allow Vpn client or not. Rejecting a client depends on many no. of factors

It was just feedback. I am not discussing anything. Thanks for your input.

• MadMad Member

The best ones and really useful are MaxMind (paid) + FraudRedord, perfect combination.

• drdrakedrdrake Member

@andreamada said:
    The best ones and really useful are MaxMind (paid) + FraudRedord, perfect combination.

Isn't MaxMind integrated into whmcs?

• edited May 2016

We currently use,

Fraud Record, Max Mind

PayPal transaction lookup

SMS gateway (Something that we've developed)

• drdrakedrdrake Member
    edited May 2016

@sdglhm said:
    We currently use,

Fraud Record, Max Mind

PayPal transaction lookup

SMS gateway (Something that we've developed)

Can you please give me a link for Max Mind, Paypal transaction lookup and SMS gateway? I couldn't find them on google.

Thanks.

edit: Do you sell SMS gateway?

• Go to Setup>Addon Modules for PayPal transaction lookup.

Setup>Fraud protection for MaxMind.

We barely made a front end for the SMS gateway application. If you're happy with setting your things using configuration files, I can upload it to the github. :) (I have to ask from our dev's first)

• drdrakedrdrake Member

@sdglhm said:
    Go to Setup>Addon Modules for PayPal transaction lookup.

Setup>Fraud protection for MaxMind.

We barely made a front end for the SMS gateway application. If you're happy with setting your things using configuration files, I can upload it to the github. :) (I have to ask from our dev's first)

That would be great. You are very generous. Please include a list of features if you don't mind. Thank you. :)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Fraudrecord, 1k Free Query Maxmind or FraudLapPro(Free).