Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB Community Updates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB Community Updates

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hey everyone!

Many of you may be familiar with Maarten's "Community Roundup" posts on LowEndBox. You can see past ones here:

https://lowendbox.com/?s=community&searchsubmit=Find

I'd like to post one of my own and showcase some of the great things happening in our community. I'm looking for ideas from you, the LET members. What are some things you think are worth highlighting from our community in 2016 thus far? Maybe new and noteworthy companies, changes in existing companies, hilarious drama, etc.

Thanked by 2mpkossen ChrisMiller

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited April 2016

Hilarious drama for sure!

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • as editorial in newspaper or magazine, it must opinion by one of moderator for lately issue in LET, cover both sided ofcourse. ... opinon is not only highlited as marteen's

• Well you added shared hosting this year, perhaps you could report on how successful/popular it's been.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Doge!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This would be a great chance for any providers here to share any news they think is big. Anyone making big business decisions that change the direction of your company?

Anyone had an experience with a new host that popped up this year that they found unusually impressive?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

jarland said: This would be a great chance for any providers here to share any news they think is big. Anyone making big business decisions that change the direction of your company?

Just now news, or within last 4 months news?

Awmusic12635 said: Just now news, or within last 4 months news?

Anything you find noteworthy from 2016 thus far :)

• J1021J1021 Member

jarland said: Anyone had an experience with a new host that popped up this year that they found unusually impressive?

I think LoveServers deserves a mention. Their performance is surprising and the support experienced unrivalled - on the few occasions I've ticketed the response has been prompt and friendly, from somebody who actually has the ability to answer my query.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

jarland said: Anything you find noteworthy from 2016 thus far :)

Well in that case. We launched 2 new locations: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/78086/impact-vps-2-additional-locations-dallas-tx-and-new-york-city-ny

Thanked by 1jar
  • The deadpool list should be updated.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Serveraxis.
    They deserve all the negative posting they could get.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

E3 v5 processors came out which is pretty noteworthy.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@SSDBlaze said:
    E3 v5 processors came out which is pretty noteworthy.

The only thing noteworthy is support for 64gb ram... So double the vps on the same cpu... Let's face it, real world performance difference between comparable e3 v2/v3/v4/v5 models is minimal, but now each vps will be competing for that same cpu much more.

Thanked by 2rds100 zafouhar
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

GoMach5 needs a mention, a small host that is doing surprisingly well for the size. Excellent support that actually cares and goes to give the personal touch, which I havent seen any other host (except MXroute) do.

Thanked by 2MacPac Jonchun
  • MacPacMacPac Member
    edited April 2016

@hawc said:

Yeah, I agree with that and they have the fastest support i have ever seen for a Lowend provider.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@hawc said:
    GoMach5 needs a mention, a small host that is doing surprisingly well for the size. Excellent support that actually cares and goes to give the personal touch, which I havent seen any other host (except MXroute) do.

Just looked them up over at - https://www.gomach5.com/

It seems their VPS start at $49, which is anything but LowEnd.

• @K4Y5 said:

unfortunately they don't offer VPS yet, only Dedicated Servers.

• @K4Y5 said:
    It seems their VPS start at $49, which is anything but LowEnd.

Low end VPS are anything but profitable unless you have a lot of established infrastructure or an established, flawless, reputation. We cater to lower end dedicated rather than virtual servers. We have dedicated virtual servers available as well which are pretty affordable but none of the are within the LE price point except our dedicated server offerings.

Thanked by 2hawc MacPac
  • I think the quote plugin is fixed... Let me know if it's still broken.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@SysAdmin said:
    I think the quote plugin is fixed... Let me know if it's still broken.

I didn't notice it was broken?

Are we talking about the text highlight quoting or?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Talking about when clicking "Quote" sometimes it would quote with no text.

Now that should be fixed!

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Oh, that. Sweet.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @jbiloh said:

@Ishaq said:
    Oh, that. Sweet.

I'm so glad this has been fixed, use to bother me so much haha.

• AmitzAmitz Member

IThinkUFailed said: I'm so glad this has been fixed, use to bother me so much haha.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@IThinkUFailed said:

@jbiloh said:

@Ishaq said:
    Oh, that. Sweet.

I'm so glad this has been fixed, use to bother me so much haha.

It always annoyed me too.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • Removing a regular expression altogether isn't fixing things, it's going for another solution. The reason behind the regex was to allow quoting without nesting. Right now I believe infinite nesting in quotes is an option.

Thanked by 1luissousa

@mpkossen said:
    Removing a regular expression altogether isn't fixing things, it's going for another solution. The reason behind the regex was to allow quoting without nesting. Right now I believe infinite nesting in quotes is an option.

Admittedly I still like that better than empty quotes, especially on mobile.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    Removing a regular expression altogether isn't fixing things, it's going for another solution. The reason behind the regex was to allow quoting without nesting. Right now I believe infinite nesting in quotes is an option.

are

you

sure

that's

a

problem?
    >

>

>

>

or

maybe

it

is
    >

>

>

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited April 2016

@vedran said:

@mpkossen said:

are

you

sure

that's

a

problem?
    >

>

>

>

or

maybe

it

is
    >

>

>

I see a potentially new form of art over here.

Thanked by 2lifehome mpkossen
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran