Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs

Comments

• @Spacedust said:
    I've tried out on Friday, but still nothing so far ;)

this

@Fidde said:
    I'm going to work now, gonna try to issue a few when I get home at night, but then I'm going away for a few days to Dreamhack Masters in Malmö so I probably won't be able to issue certs until Monday.

Thanked by 1Fidde
  • Oh no. I've set common name to normal domain instead of *.domain.com. I will try again.

• Order sent ;)

• FiddeFidde Member

Alright, back from DH-masters, 250 certs issued. All orders from 15 april and earlier should be issued :)

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

mine is still pending....

• Just requested 4 for my domains, thanks alot mate!

• can someone help?

When i generate csr via cpanel, i am writing *.mydomain.tld for wildcard

error said you are not control this domain

• @add_iT said:
    can someone help?

When i generate csr via cpanel, i am writing *.mydomain.tld for wildcard

error said you are not control this domain

Try using this instead? If you don't feel secure because its hosted on someone else's server, you can run this locally, the code is available on GitHub :)

https://csrgenerator.com

Thanked by 1add_iT
  • Any news ?

• NihimNihim Member

he is busy? guys is doing it for free / fun so I wouldn't hold it against him if he was being late or not keeping us up to date .

tldr: patience

Thanked by 1Fidde
  • FiddeFidde Member

More than 330 certs issued :) 0 Pending orders. I've changed the status of some orders to either "Duplicate request" or "Invalid CSR" instead of just removing them. Just check your account. For some of them I think there should be a note for the order about what's wrong with the CSR.

A few have chosen normal SSLS, if your CN is domain.tld it will only be valid for domain.tld, if your CN is www.domain.tld it will be valid for www.domain.tld and domain.tld and if your CN is *.domain.tld it will be valid for *.domain.tld and domain.tld. Make sure your CN is either one of them depending on the certificate type you want.

If anyone is interested in writing a automation software for this, that would be nice :)
    Maybe a plugin for a Google Chrome browser (or a custom browser) that will fill in fields automatically from a form and submit and output errors to the user.

• go ahead and generate csr, not an issue

@add_iT said:
    can someone help?

• I've confirmed my request but I didn't get an e-mail with cert ;)

• I got my wildcard cert minutes ago. Thank you !

• Does it come via e-mail or can I download it via web too ?

• Is there any way to revoke a ssl cert?

• Just got the cert up and working like a charm! Thanks pal <3

• @Fidde said:
    If anyone is interested in writing a automation software for this, that would be nice :)
    Maybe a plugin for a Google Chrome browser (or a custom browser) that will fill in fields automatically from a form and submit and output errors to the user.

Might got a friend willing to do so, however which step we're talking about? Submission or a full-automated process to issue it?

• I got the cert now ;)

Thanked by 1epilif09
  • FiddeFidde Member

@lifehome said:
    Might got a friend willing to do so, however which step we're talking about? Submission or a full-automated process to issue it?

The request is submitted via a normal HTML form with two steps, first step is this form:

Then you submit the csr and choose validation email:

If everything works, as soon as you've clicked the "verify" button in the email you receive the cert is issued and emailed to you. So a form submitter should be the only thing required :)

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited April 2016

@Fidde said:
    So a form submitter should be the only thing required :)

Hmmm, seems need to find some endpoint then do the POST

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited April 2016

I'm getting such errors when entering my site via iOS or fetching it via wget:

WARNING: cannot verify domain.com’s certificate, issued by “/C=BE/O=GlobalSign nv-sa/CN=AlphaSSL CA - SHA256 - G2”: Unable to locally verify the issuer’s authority.

I've installed both the key, certificate and the intermediate certificate, but it doesn't help.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@Spacedust: Try to check your website on https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html
    I think your intermediate certificate is not installed correctly.

• x.com resolves to 163.172.x.x

Server Type: nginx

The certificate was issued by GlobalSign.
    Write review of GlobalSign

The certificate will expire in 364 days.
    Remind me

The hostname (x.com) is correctly listed in the certificate.

The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. You can fix this by following GlobalSign's Certificate Installation Instructions for your server platform. Pay attention to the parts about Intermediate certificates.

• It worked ;) It seems Apache 2.4.x is no longer using separate .ca file. I just placed the intermediate cert right after primary cert in a .pem file and it automatically chained. All warnings are gone now.

• @Fidde I'm no coder but if you can pm me your reference api calls/key, maybe sandbox for testing, I'll see if it can be done. No promises, though.

• FiddeFidde Member
    edited April 2016

@century1stop said:
    @Fidde I'm no coder but if you can pm me your reference api calls/key, maybe sandbox for testing, I'll see if it can be done. No promises, though.

Don't think there is any API call for submitting certificate requests unfortunately. You can have a look at http://dropzonewiki.singlehop.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

@lifehome said:

@Fidde said:
    So a form submitter should be the only thing required :)

Hmmm, seems need to find some endpoint then do the POST

I've got an adress for a POST but the form has CSRF protection :( I could give you a sub-account so you can have a look :)

• you're right, those are for servers :)
    however, in order for certs to be issued as you require, there should be key match for verification prior provision.

@Fidde said:
    Don't think there is any API call for submitting certificate requests unfortunately. You can have a look at http://dropzonewiki.singlehop.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

• I created the order and i confirmed the email from alphassl and i have not received any email..

This discussion has been closed.