Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Internal ticketing / task management ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Internal ticketing / task management ?

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

As our team grows, we are noticing the limitations of WHMCS. Does anyone know any addon/method in WHMCS to have internal tickets or a task manager/to-do list where senior techs could add/schedule tasks or checklists and any available tech could start and complete the task ?

We tried the WHMCS Project Management which seems to be too much for our needs and the inbuilt to-do list is quite useless.

What do you guys use ?

Comments

• cassacassa Member

We have an "Internal" department which isn't public and use Slack for communication including to-do lists.

• SadySady Member

Trello is what you need.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

+1 for trello for a good place to start with things, also they have API and hooks for events so if you are really up for it to send notifications back and forward with WHMCS, it could be done (in theory)

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

I have tried Trello as well. The reason for WHMCS is that it keeps everything in one location instead of techs having to login to multiple different tools/websites for multiple things.

@cassa said:
    We have an "Internal" department which isn't public and use Slack for communication including to-do lists.

We use a hosted alternative of Slack called Rocket.chat for internal communication . For the internal department, under which client are the tickets created ? Did you create yourself as a client ?

• cassacassa Member

@leapswitch said:

@cassa said:

We use a hosted alternative of Slack called Rocket.chat for internal communication . For the internal department, under which client are the tickets created ? Did you create yourself as a client ?

You can also fill in the email address for a ticket. Currently looking at Google Groups too as an alternative.

• +1 for Trello.

• Can you not grow into whmcs project manager?

• Trello is amazing

@VyprNetworks said:
    Can you not grow into whmcs project manager?

We can. But as an example, a shift manager wants to schedule a task - Optimize MySQL on Shared server XX at YY time. Using Project Management, we will need to create a new project and task under it. Then assign all techs to that project and then any one of them can complete the task. Its too much for a simple task which can be handled by an internal ticket or to-do list.

Thanked by 1VyprNetworks
  • cassacassa Member

Just saw this on /r/SideProject: http://www.onupkeep.com/

• Not saying that you should switch to Kakayo, but they have wonderful team management integrated. You could get that + the WHMCS module?

• +1 for Trello.

• @doghouch said:
    Not saying that you should switch to Kakayo, but they have wonderful team management integrated. You could get that + the WHMCS module?

Kakayo didn't do well when I tried it with whmcs maybe I just didn't explore the platform fully but it was a big headache for me it has good ratings though.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @VyprNetworks said:

@doghouch said:
    Not saying that you should switch to Kakayo, but they have wonderful team management integrated. You could get that + the WHMCS module?

Kakayo didn't do well when I tried it with whmcs maybe I just didn't explore the platform fully but it was a big headache for me it has good ratings though.

Well, it's a standalone product. It wasn't really designed to be integrated like that :p

Thanked by 1VyprNetworks
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

Sounds like something similar to jira might be useful for you. Separate from whmcs

• Redmine would do the job :)

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

We use slack + Jira