Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel Server Clustering (Not DNS)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel Server Clustering (Not DNS)

RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
edited November 2012 in General

Haven't heard much on this subject, but has anyone heard about cPanel and a clustering solution? I'm suprised they haven't done something on this yet, although I appreciate it would be hard. For example, I have 4 servers, one routing traffic, 2 acting as web servers, and the 4th as a backend server. Some companies have created their own solutions for "cPanel cloud", or something along those lines, but nothing mainstream yet. Anyone got anything on this?

Comments

• cPanel cloud doesn't exist and cPanel doesn't intend to support this in future either.

I've saw similar threads about "cPanel cloud" in the cPanel suggestions forum.

• Go for InterWorx.

• cPanel doesn't even support a "master" server and sharing at this point. Talk about it. Don't hold your hopes up for clustering just yet. I think I remember seeing expensive paid solutions.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

I've actually created a Cpanel cluster before which involves stripping out the web servers so they are on different physical servers and load balance.

You'll always run into problems trying to completely cloud cpanel, however stripping out the services and then clustering them pn shared Nas space is fine and will work.

Applogic had a full Cpanel cluster and have to take it offline due to licensing issues. The main reason Cpanel Cloud is held back is due to how they have their licensing, they dont make money from allowing people to host 100,000's of sites on a single cloud and just pay $30 for the single license :)