Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Good VM provider for location in HK?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Good VM provider for location in HK?

Any Good VM provider for location in HK? mostly looking at bandwidth.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

It will highly depend on what's your budget and to which country you do want the bandwidth.

• I recommend HostUS if you need dedicated IP. If NAT ok, GestionDBI is good.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • +1 for HostUS

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • how much bandwith and what is your budget. We do have normal vps and cloud server located at Hong Kong

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@dnwk,

We do VPS in HK. www.vpsbit.com

We offer 3 main types of bandwidth:

Premium
    Economy
    Super Economy

Premium of course has direct routes to China (not guaranteed though) and most Asian countries. So petty much lowest latency from HK to everywhere. If you need gauranteedC China bandwidth, you need ChinaTelecom, which is VERY expensive.

Super Economy is the cheapest route, which is good if your traffic is mostly HK. International connectivity is included and prices are around HK$50 /Mbit /month. Can be lower on high levels of commit, but latency to most of Asia will be relatively high. You can still achieve high throughput, but if you plan on running low latency applications outside of HK, then it's probably not for you. Latency to USA and Europe is similar to premium.

Economy is a sort of happy medium between the 2.

What kind of bandwidth do you need? And how much?

We operate our own multi-homed BGP network, and can offer very flexible arrangements.

• Try them - http://www.36cloud.com

They offer a free trial. Payment credentials needed.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

While I'd recommend HostHatch it's important to note that they are using SoftLayer which recently cancelled their direct routes to China. They now route a lot of their China traffic trough US first. I assume the same for HostUs.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

BunnySpeed said: SoftLayer which recently cancelled their direct routes to China. They now route a lot of their China traffic trough US first.

Saw that coming. Offering all that China bandwidth must have cost a fortune!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

manlivo said: If NAT ok, GestionDBI is good.

It is cheap, but bandwidth is certainly not good (dediserve, NewMedia Express).

OP wants good bandwidth. This is the crappiest crap you can actually buy in terms of HK bandwidth.

• MadMad Member

Take a look at HostUS, it's the only one coming to my mind.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • nepsneps Member

Of all that i've tried, I've stayed with Softlayer and HostUS.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • for very asia china bandwith, China telecom selling USD120/Mbps at 1G level. Even PCCW overselling the bandwidth. Not surprise if you can see congestion of direct china route. A lot of chinese blaming network go into or our from china not good, but actually they should blame their country telco.

• Nyr said: This is the crappiest crap you can actually buy in terms of HK bandwidth

I tried their 30 days trial earlier, so far, no troubles or downtime. Guess you cannot get ideal offer on HK or whole region :) Everything limited.

• FuslFusl Member

admsam said: for very asia china bandwith, China telecom selling USD120/Mbps at 1G level. Even PCCW overselling the bandwidth. Not surprise if you can see congestion of direct china route. A lot of chinese blaming network go into or our from china not good, but actually they should blame their country telco.

Why would they blame their telco if Telecom charges 120$/Mbit which is unrealistic regardless of location?

• dnwkdnwk Member

It looks like they only have OpenVZ

• dnwkdnwk Member

Actually, I do not need direct China peering.

Thanked by 1fitvpn