Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Change ISP Name
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Change ISP Name

mkz71mkz71 Member

I have a dedicated server from DACENTEC but the problem is that when I look up the IP address information from http://www.ip2location.com/, it shows my name in the ISP field.
Anyone knows how I can update that?
I don't want anyone to know that I own the server from that IP.

Thank you!

Comments

• MadMad Member
    edited April 2016

You should contact directly them to ask for the data exchange in IP's WHOIS.

• arunarun Member
    edited April 2016

It uses your account information. You may contact provider.

• mkz71mkz71 Member

I did contact their support but still have no solution. They points me the third party who provides those information but most of the third party gets information from the source so I guess they should update the main source information.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

arun said: You can ask provider for SWIP the IP to your name.

Did you even read the post?

mkz71 said: Anyone knows how I can update that?

Contact Dacentec.

• mkz71mkz71 Member

@arun, please you provide more information about SWIP the IP? I am not familiar about the term.

mkz71 said: I did contact their support but still have no solution.

Can you post the tickets here? I imagine a miscommunication has happened and they think you're talking about GEOIP data.

• mkz71mkz71 Member

Ticket #480390, just got answer to setup a POC with ARIN.

• it's based on your account information with dacentec

• arunarun Member
    edited April 2016

Let me try to understand you are seeing ISP name as your name in ip2location.com while entering the IP which you purchased with dedicated server. And you want to change this ISP field ?

edited April 2016

mkz71 said: Ticket #480390, just got answer to setup a POC with ARIN.

I meant the actual text but it looks like you're getting somewhere now :)

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • mkz71mkz71 Member

I know it is based on the account information with dacentec but I prefer they assign ISP name as something else instead of my real name!

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2016

that you'll need to convince dacentec :)
    check with 'em, quite sure they'll oblige maybe with your co. name :D
    EDIT: yea, ARIN POC's your best bet

Thanked by 1HammadKhan
  • mkz71mkz71 Member

They said they use the same process for the swip information provided to ARIN and it is accurate.
    I guess you should check your ip information if you have dedicated server with them and see if your name is in the ISP.

• @mkz71 said:
    I know it is based on the account information with dacentec but I prefer they assign ISP name as something else instead of my real name!

This is a bit like a domain, there is legal requirement's around certain subnet sizes and making sure correct a valid information is show in the IP's whois details.

• mkz71mkz71 Member

I guess they have different process for dedicated server than other providers.
    I also have online.net dedicated server and they don't assign my real name in the ISP field.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
  • you can ask them to provide a white label for your ip, the ip shows up as a different company and no specific name attached. Usually a colocation company with a working website but it's usually just a screen for the main company. Talk to your provider to know all the options available

• mkz71mkz71 Member

@dacentec transfer the ip to my ARIN POC.
    I ask ARIN how to update the ISP information.
    They told me to ask @dacentec to update the information.
    They said they don't authorize to update the information.

I am totally confused.
    I don't think I really need to setup an account with ARIN at all.

• ** sigh **

• mkz71mkz71 Member

@arun said:
    Let me try to understand you are seeing ISP name as your name in ip2location.com while entering the IP which you purchased with dedicated server. And you want to change this ISP field ?

Yes, that is what I am trying to do.

• If they transfer ownership of IP blocks to you, you must have an ARIN account for such ownership to be received.

Once transferred, you must update it yourself.

I haven't use ARIN before, but with RIPE, I just enter my IP block and the maintainer key to manage my contact details.

• mkz71mkz71 Member

@FlamesRunner said:
    If they transfer ownership of IP blocks to you, you must have an ARIN account for such ownership to be received.

Once transferred, you must update it yourself.

I haven't use ARIN before, but with RIPE, I just enter my IP block and the maintainer key to manage my contact details.

I look at my ARIN account and there is no place for me to update the ISP information so I ask ARIN support team how to update that. They point me back to @dacentec. I don't really think I need ARIN account that the first place. There is something wrong with @dacentec process to assign the ip.

• mkz71mkz71 Member

Here is the infomation when I enter my online.net dedicated server ip at http://www.ip2location.com .

IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Location France, Ile-de-France, Paris
    Latitude & Longitude 48.853410, 2.348800 (48°51'12"N 2°20'56"E)
    ISP Online S.A.S.
    Local Time 06 Apr, 2016 06:02 PM (UTC +01:00)
    Domain online.net
    Net Speed (DSL) Broadband/Cable/Fiber
    IDD & Area Code (33) 01
    ZIP Code 75008
    Weather Station Paris (FRXX0076)
    Mobile Country Code (MCC) -
    Mobile Network Code (MNC) -
    Carrier Name -
    Elevation 39m
    Usage Type (DCH) Data Center/Web Hosting/Transit
    Anonymous Proxy No
    Shortcut http://www.ip2location.com/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Here is the information when I enter my @dacentec dedicated server ip at http://www.ip2location.com.

IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Country United States
    Region & City Rochester, New York
    Latitude & Longitude 43.169287, -77.687875
    ZIP Code 14606
    ISP !!!!!MY NAME HERE!!!! <<<<=======================
    Domain centrilogic.com
    Time Zone -04:00
    Net Speed T1
    IDD Code & Area Code +(1) 585
    Weather Station Rochester (USNY1232)
    MCC, MNC & Carrier Name -
    Elevation 153
    Usage Type DCH

• GCatGCat Member

So, I don't get it, you are complaining that your name is there (SWIP'd) or that it isn't there?

Dacentec swip's IP's by default iirc?

• mkz71mkz71 Member

@GCat said:
    So, I don't get it, you are complaining that your name is there (SWIP'd) or that it isn't there?

Dacentec swip's IP's by default iirc?

If you read from the beginning, you will know that I don't want my REAL NAME in the ISP field but @dacentec has it in there and I am trying to solve the issue with them but they have no clue to remove my name from that field.

• mkz71mkz71 Member

If anyone has a dedicated server with @dacentec, try to search your IP at ip2location.com and see if you have your real name in ISP field or not.

• GCatGCat Member

@mkz71 said:
    If you read from the beginning, you will know that I don't want my REAL NAME in the ISP field but dacentec has it in there and I am trying to solve the issue with them but they have no clue to remove my name from that field.

So do a POC, have them SWIP to the designated information

• @mkz71 said:
    If anyone has a dedicated server with dacentec, try to search your IP at ip2location.com and see if you have your real name in ISP field or not.

The IP's are swipped by default, and its very normal for a provider to do this.

• mkz71mkz71 Member

@GCat said:
    So do a POC, have them SWIP to the designated information

They have no clue how to update ISP information. How can I ask them SWIP to the designated information?

• GCatGCat Member

@mkz71 said:
    They have no clue how to update ISP information. How can I ask them SWIP to the designated information?

Im doubtful of that.

Thanked by 1century1stop