Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for advice on point to site & site to site VPN options
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for advice on point to site & site to site VPN options

We have a server based in OVH running Hyper-V with about 15 or so Windows / Ubuntu VM's running. These are all setup with an internal network 10.10.10.0/24 and an external internet using there failover IP's.

I want to setup a VPN so we can connect to the internal network from the office (static site to site) using IPSec on our firewall but then also a point to site VPN so people can connect directly in when they are out side of the office.

I have been looking at options and it looks like using vyatta might be the best option but I cant find many examples which sets up a point to site and site to site VPN.

Fairly new to all of this side of server setup so any suggestions of options is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

Hi,
    The below will work;
    https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/configure-a-site-to-site-vpn-using-the-vyatta-network-appliance/

You can setup a virtual switch connect it to your inside interface (your lan, connect other VMs to this) and then have the outside interface to a real nic.

You used to be able to get vyatta in vmdk format (then convert to vhd) but I think it's just iso now.

Report back any problems or even steps for other people to do this, I have never done this myself but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

• Unless you plan to buy the commercial version from brocade i'd suggest you use Vyos instead of Vyatta.

Or maybe look at pfSense as there's a package available for generating openVPN configs for remote users.

PfSense can do site2site tunnels, although I personally I prefer vyos for this, but I suspect that's because I use EdgeMax routers and the CLI is almost the same on both ;-)