Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudFlare blocked me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudFlare blocked me?

Testing from work. My home connection seems to be blocked by CloudFlare.

Comments

• Seems ok from my work connection. My home connection seems to be blocked lol

• You're using CloudFlare for your home?

• MadMad Member
    edited April 2016

You didn't provide any test or screenshot to let us get a general idea about it and eventually help you.

Rather it seems to be a soliloquy.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @Ole_Juul said:
    You're using CloudFlare for your home?

LET uses CloudFlare and blocked my home connection. I can't post threads from home.

Whatever, I suppose I'll just lurk more.

• lbftlbft Member

What do you mean "blocked"? Do you get presented with a CAPTCHA? What message does it give you?

• @lbft said:
    What do you mean "blocked"? Do you get presented with a CAPTCHA? What message does it give you?

I'll update with screenshots when I get home tonight. A pop up window letting me know that CloudFlare blocked me appears whenever I try to make a new thread.

Moral of the story is: Add yet another tally on the list which points out that CloudFlare is absolute garbage.

• ATHKATHK Member

@grimsdottir said:
    Moral of the story is: Add yet another tally on the list which points out that CloudFlare is absolute garbage.

If you're posting anything with code in it, cloudflare will block it.

Thanked by 1grimsdottir
  • @ATHK said:
    If you're posting anything with code in it, cloudflare will block it.

OH SNAP!!! YOU WIN. I just tried to post a bash command and it did to me here.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • But I can post quoted text

• Ok I think I figured this out...

CloudFlare is indeed garbage.

• ATHKATHK Member

@grimsdottir said:
    OH SNAP!!! YOU WIN. I just tried to post a bash command and it did to me here.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Thanked by 2grimsdottir netomx
  • @ATHK said:
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

You get two "thanks" for pointing out the obvious. Going to test when I get home tonight.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Use pastebin...also if it had blocked you ..how did it let you open this thread in first of place?

Common sense really very uncommon

• @noaman said:
    Common sense really very uncommon

Maybe he accessed LET from other device and network?

• TheKiller said: Maybe he accessed LET from other device and network?

I've found the easiest way to get around CloudFlare is to use my teletype.

• My ISP in Hungary block cloudflare totally. So if you protect your website with cloudflare then = offline

:D

Thanked by 1Shade
  • @TheKiller said:
    Maybe he accessed LET from other device and network?

Yes, I do. But it wasn't tied to the network at all. It the individual requests I was making.

• Ok lets close this ticket.

I still think CloudFlare is total garbage and belongs in the bin. Simply typing a bash command will cause it to flip out. Dumb tech at best with little to no decisioning.

Anyway, all good.

• ATHKATHK Member

Who ever set it up has set strict rules therefore it's being blocked, use pastebin..

Apart from that CF is used world wide and is great IMO.. You're just pissed you can't paste your code..

@grimsdottir said:
    Ok lets close this ticket.

I still think CloudFlare is total garbage and belongs in the bin. Simply typing a bash command will cause it to flip out. Dumb tech at best with little to no decisioning.

Anyway, all good.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • grimsdottirgrimsdottir Member
    edited April 2016

ATHK said: You're just pissed you can't paste your code..

Indeed I am :D

However CloudFlare does make the internet tough for Tor users as well... So that also a big part of my opinion on them.

Thanked by 2Ole_Juul ATHK
  • grimsdottir said: However CloudFlare does make the internet tough for Tor users as well.

Indeed, there's a lot of complaints in that world. Cloudflare is only good for people running servers. From the users perspective they're just a big loss. The net used to be a lot faster before they came around. I make an exception with LET because of its quality, but most of the time when I see any Cloudflare between me and where I had intended to go, I just take it as a sign that it's a site I would blacklist anyway. It's surprising how often that happens nowadays.

• grimsdottir said: However CloudFlare does make the internet tough for Tor users as well... So that also a big part of my opinion on them.

That's now entirely on site-owners. You can choose to whitelist Tor-IPs for your sites if you want to.
    If you're all about "free-speech" you can just do this:

I myself don't think my site targets Tor users, so they're permanently greeted by a Captcha by CloudFlare and if they pass that they are blocked by my nginx rules.

• tr1cky said: targets Tor users

I have no idea what that means. Why would somebody target Tor users?

Thanked by 1CFarence
  • Misleading title.

• Alright it's time to sage this thread... MODS

• @grimsdottir said:
    Alright it's time to sage this thread... MODS

@ishaq

• IshaqIshaq Member

Requested.

This discussion has been closed.