Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server in Chicago or Dallas
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server in Chicago or Dallas

kalamkalam Member
edited April 2016 in Requests

Hey,

So I'm looking for offers for a dedicated server, Chicago or Dallas as it needs to be a good central location for east coast, west coast, and a few Canadians ping wise.

Server will be hosting a few gaming servers such as CS:GO, Minecraft, and Factorio.

Minimum specs:

Xeon E3 1230v2 or better
Ram 8GB or better
SSD 128GB or better
1Gbps port 5TB transfer or better
/30 IPv4 is ok, /28 preferred
/64 IPv6
IPMI or equivalent out-of-band management
Chicago or Dallas

A high core clock speed is the most important part, with low pricing as the second most important part, as it's a non-profit gaming community that depends on member donations.

Upper price limit is probably around $50/m, lower is always better.

If possible, we could probably add a "hosting sponsored/provided by" section to the site if that would help pricing at all.

Prospective hosts will be given a link to our site to view the community if they'd like.

Thanks.

Comments

• RizRiz Member
    edited April 2016

For Chicago take a look at Tzulo (http://www.tzulo.com/) they come at a budget price, I know they were featured a while back on LEB. Alnitech is another one up there as well -- network was solid. I moved away after there was no way for them to restrict IPMI though.

For Texas, you have quite a few options... Can't speak for any though.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@kalam sent you a pm

• You can check out [www.zenithhosting.com] for dallas. We can provide E3-1270v3 at a pretty affordable price, for 30 IPV4 you will need to open a support ticket to get a quotation

• kalamkalam Member

@Riz thanks for the suggestions.

@Awmusic12635 will take a look

@ZenithHosting Thanks. the /30 means 1 usable IP, not 30. :)

• @Kalam

I see. If that is the case, there should not be any issues then. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me your skype or open a support ticket

• why dont you try the chicago one

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Dual L5630 can he work for you?

• kalamkalam Member
    edited April 2016

@key900 unfortunately no, we already have a server with dual L5640's.

I really only care about single thread performance: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Quality of cores, not quantity. :)

An i7-2600 or better might also be acceptable depending on server spec options.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

Do you need DDoS mitigation?

• Check out Psychz. Been using them to host a few CS servers. Running smoothly so far.

• kalamkalam Member

@PhotonVPS No. We've been a gaming community for 2 years now and have yet to be DDoS'd. Requiring members to be 18+ probably helps that.

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited April 2016

@kalam It doesn't matter if you haven't been DDoSed yet, I'd consider looking into it anyway. CS:GO and Minecraft are very, very immature communities, even if they're 18+ (especially if) there's a high chance of you experiencing issues in the future. If any offers include it, like Psychz (@PhotonVPS) I'd seriously consider it.

Speaking from experience, running a community for 4 years, of course.

• Never heard of Factorio but it looks like quite a fun game. Thanks for the share :)