Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 CPU max on KVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 CPU max on KVM?

mariocomarioco Member
edited March 2016 in Help

Hello,

I have 1 server from Server4You.com.

OFFTOPIC - Server Information

Provider: Server4You.com

RAM: 64GB

Disk: 8TB SSD

IPv4: 253 IPv4-s

IPv6: /64 block

Installed virtualization: KVM

Installed operating system: Ubuntu 14.04 x86

So I have just bought this server today from Server4You.com to operate KVM on it, firstly, I've created a VPS using libvirt-manager and I was able to add the following on this manually-created VPS.

RAM: 1GB

Disk: 20GB SSD

1 IPv4

1 IPv6

4 vCPU cores

Now everything was fine until I've installed SolusVM slave on this dedicated server. Because when I've tried to create a VPS with the following informations:

1GB of RAM

20GB SSD

1 IPv4 & 0 IPv6

8 vCPU cores

The result at last on "sensors" command was 1 vCPU core.

Not good right? -_-

I hope someone could help us on this problem so soon, because our current KVM node isn't enough for our company.

Thank you! :)

Comments

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited March 2016

marioco said: The result at last on "df -h" was 1 vCPU core.

df -h shows disk, not CPU.

• @quadhost said:
    df -h shows disk, not CPU.

Uh oh, while I was installing KVM.. I was typing "df -h" all the time -_-
    It's a mistake, I meant to say "sensors"

~Edited~ ;)

• please @marioco you aren't cut out for the vps business or anything business if you cannot do basic commands and have basic knowledge to handle dedicated servers. as you have obviously lost it if you think df -h shows cpu.
    please go and quit while you are ahead as you already have bad/negative publicity you don't want to add to it with this as no one will buy from a host that obviously doesn't know how to do anything or maintain anything.

• I see the problem right here:

@marioco said:
    Provider: Server4You.com

https://gyazo.com/604de52698c7ad07dd5d2380434da2c1

• @timnboys said:
    please marioco you aren't cut out for the vps business or anything business if you cannot do basic commands and have basic knowledge to handle dedicated servers. as you have obviously lost it if you think df -h shows cpu.
    please go and quit while you are ahead as you already have bad/negative publicity you don't want to add to it with this as no one will buy from a host that obviously doesn't know how to do anything or maintain anything.

Dear, check my last reply before you was typing this long message.

marioco said: Uh oh, while I was installing KVM.. I was typing "df -h" all the time -_- It's a mistake, I meant to say "sensors"

~Edited~ ;)

• vdedivdedi Member

I can't see the 8TB SSD. Are you in custom config?

• @marioco said:

I am sorry but I still don't see how "sensors" help you with anything as there is nothing on linux named "sensors" command that shows anything related to cpu or anything at all since that command does not exist.

• AmitzAmitz Member

It's just my humble opinion, but there are (at least) two things a provider should not do:
    1.) Post an "It was all a bad start, blame it on my brother" thread and
    2.) Ask technical questions that your customers would expect you to know the answer.
    Again, it's just my personal opinion, but it looks really, really unprofessional...

• As the others have said, multiple times you have shown your lack of general knowledge with servers and the basic skills required to run a server.

Before getting yourself stuck with "clients" you can not support, park the idea of a "business", go and grab a server or a VM at least, and spend a good year learning/breaking and working out how to fix issues as you go along.

At no point should you be looking to run a company when you can't even support the setup of the server in the first place, even if your service is unmanaged.

• nepsneps Member

@marioco

Maybe you should put your hosting business on hold while you gain more experience. Kind of unfair to have your customers subsidize your learning at this level.

Unlike some others here, I'm not saying that you should give up on your plan completely. Just that maybe you aren't ready.

• mariocomarioco Member
    edited March 2016

@timnboys said:
    I am sorry but I still don't see how "sensors" help you with anything as there is nothing on linux named "sensors" command that shows anything related to cpu or anything at all since that command does not exist.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/FHZbP.png

@AshleyUk said:
    As the others have said, multiple times you have shown your lack of general knowledge with servers and the basic skills required to run a server.

Before getting yourself stuck with "clients" you can not support, park the idea of a "business", go and grab a server or a VM at least, and spend a good year learning/breaking and working out how to fix issues as you go along.

At no point should you be looking to run a company when you can't even support the setup of the server in the first place, even if your service is unmanaged.

I have a very good virtualization and servers management knowledgebase on OpenVZ and Xen, I'm only pretty new on KVM and that maybe the problem.

But no one is born with a very high knowledgebase, and no one can done anything without the help and questions from the other people.

@vdedi said:
    I can't see the 8TB SSD. Are you in custom config?

Yes it's custom plan.

@teamacc said:
    I see the problem right here:
    https://gyazo.com/604de52698c7ad07dd5d2380434da2c1

This was a limited time offer for 12 hours only.

@Amitz said:
    It's just my humble opinion, but there are (at least) two things a provider should not do:
    1.) Post an "It was all a bad start, blame it on my brother" thread and
    2.) Ask technical questions that your customers would expect you to know the answer.
    Again, it's just my personal opinion, but it looks really, really unprofessional...

Check the same reply which I've provided to @AshleyUk

• AmitzAmitz Member

Sigh.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2016

@marioco said:
    Check the same reply which I've provided to AshleyUk

okay so you are trying to get the temperature of the cpu well let me say your sensors command did nothing to that affect all I see is a "virtual device" not cpu and a "isa adapter" which is your raid card or ipmi/iLO/iDrac card most likely not your cpu!

and furthermore I agree with @Amitz and @AshleyUk on @AshleyUk statement:

As the others have said, multiple times you have shown your lack of general knowledge with servers and the basic skills required to run a server.

>
    Before getting yourself stuck with "clients" you can not support, park the idea of a >"business", go and grab a server or a VM at least, and spend a good year learning/breaking and working out how to fix issues as you go along.
    >
    At no point should you be looking to run a company when you can't even support the >setup of the server in the first place, even if your service is unmanaged.

• 1/

Why are you using a temp monitor command to check how many core's a Virtual Server has been assigned...?

2/

If you have good server management "knowledgebase" ( I guess you mean knowledge and not a WHMCS knowledgebase) then simple issues like this you should be able to troubleshoot without the need to open a LET topic, with the wrong commands and wrong information from the start.

3/

8TB SSD's do not exist, well not in the form/cost available @ Server4You.com

4/

Server4You.com do not have a DC in the Netherlands, no matter how much of a "special" offer you have, is this a bit like your OVH server you have in Netherlands aswell where again they have no such infrastructure.

Thanked by 2Amitz timnboys
  • @timnboys - It's your feedback, anyway I used "sensors" to show how much vCPUs are allocated.

and as you can see

Cpu0

Cpu1

And that's what I wanted.

• @AshleyUk said:
    1/

Why are you using a temp monitor command to check how many core's a Virtual Server has been assigned...?

2/

If you have good server management "knowledgebase" ( I guess you mean knowledge and not a WHMCS knowledgebase) then simple issues like this you should be able to troubleshoot without the need to open a LET topic, with the wrong commands and wrong information from the start.

3/

8TB SSD's do not exist, well not in the form/cost available @ Server4You.com

4/

Server4You.com do not have a DC in the Netherlands, no matter how much of a "special" offer you have, is this a bit like your OVH server you have in Netherlands aswell where again they have no such infrastructure.

I agree thanks @AshleyUk for once again pointing out the facts.
    seriously why would he even bother using a temp monitor for seeing vcpu's like really that isn't what it is for.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • vdedivdedi Member

Oh boy

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited March 2016

As @timnboys said...

+

Just run "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor" and you will get all cores assigned to your machine.

• This isn't the help which I wanted.

I won't say to close or even delete this discussion. I just want more bad reviews!
    Remember that's I have kids just like most of the people here.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

What is going on? I don't even understand. And your website is totally messed up, and you expect people to buy with Bitcoin and go through some crazy complicated process to even be able to order? And you couldn't even go on Fiverr and get a logo done that matches the look of your site?

• Tut tut.

One pound fish, imo.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Restored.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

marioco said: ! This discussion is written on Mobile !

Y'know what I smell. I smell @IgniteServers

• @nalkubaxd5 said:

Just run "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor" and you will get all cores assigned to your machine.

just nproc, it's simpler

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • nproc
    -bash: nproc: command not found

Not work in OS X EL Capitan :)

• @AshleyUk said:

+1

• nepsneps Member

Another word of advice, you should really, really, really fix your website before pushing it live. Fix grammar, maybe hire a copyrighter. Fact-check the info you post on your homepage. Fix the broken captcha. Fix the broken links. Remove the fake "Loved by 41k-ish customers" thing. Take down that 0% off promo code. And remove the obviously fake testimonials. Not sure if you're trying to pass all that off as real, or if that's placeholder text, but if you're not done building your site, no one should be able to see it.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

Mario , I thought you were providing free VPS ! When you asked us for sponsorship !!

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Server4You? I won't recommend it.