Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kloudsec - Anyone heard of or use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kloudsec - Anyone heard of or use?

MissFortuneMissFortune Member
edited March 2016 in Reviews

Anyone heard or use kloudsec.com?
They offer free CDN, page optimizer, offline protection, etc.
More like a cloudflare alternative.
They seem to be new (6months).

Same founders of GOMVPN.

Comments

• Look like not bad. Have anyone try they CDN?

"like a cloudflare alternative" +1

• vdedivdedi Member

Tried, because you mentioned it. Even after DNS is set, and the dashboard confirmed it, my site failed to load, too many redirects. May be I'm too adventurous.

• @vdedi said:
    Tried, because you mentioned it. Even after DNS is set, and the dashboard confirmed it, my site failed to load, too many redirects. May be I'm too adventurous.

dashboard is hard to use... awful...

• Hey guys, I'm Steven of Kloudsec. @vdedi: Did you try it about one day ago? 25th March? We had a syncing issue with our US and EU CDN nodes which caused newly added websites to not load, but we have since resolved the issue.

As for redirects, it is probably because of Cloudflare, or an origin server enforcing SSL redirects. (We do not have upstream SSL yet, working on it)

Let me know how I can help you guys, anytime you have a bug, send an email over to [email protected] :)

• vdedivdedi Member
    edited March 2016

@kloudsec_steven said:
    Hey guys, I'm Steven of Kloudsec. vdedi: Did you try it about one day ago? 25th March? We had a syncing issue with our US and EU CDN nodes which caused newly added websites to not load, but we have since resolved the issue.

Just a few hours ago. The setup instructed me to use Singapore IP (I guess).

As for redirects, it is probably because of Cloudflare, or an origin server enforcing SSL redirects. (We do not have upstream SSL yet, working on it)

Let me know how I can help you guys, anytime you have a bug, send an email over to [email protected] :)

I'm not using Cloudflare.

• utamautama Member

@vdedi said:

Same experience if the site already using SSL and using Kloudsec free SSL(Let's Encryot based). Too many redirects. You can upload your certificates, but it always failed when I tried it (Using WoSign) before.

I'm using it awhile and it's pretty good as CloudFlare alternative.

The WebShield is somewhat aggressive. Tested it for awhile and disabled it now. Too many CAPTCHA.

A minor UI/UX problem? There is no information what is the A record setup for their service except when you first adds the website. If you forgot the IP then you must readd your websites.

• @vdedi, the IP is an anycast IP address. It points to servers around the world :) Try pinging it from US, UK and Asia.

Ok, do you have auto redirect to HTTPS on your origin server?

• cassacassa Member

We're using it for our status page hosted on GitHub pages. It works pretty good: https://status.hexodo.net/index.html

• vdedivdedi Member

@kloudsec_steven said:
    vdedi, the IP is an anycast IP address. It points to servers around the world :) Try pinging it from US, UK and Asia.

Ok, do you have auto redirect to HTTPS on your origin server?

yep

• I haven't signed up for myself, let me see how it goes.

• @vdedi, if you disable the auto-redirect, and use Kloudsec's auto-redirection: https://docs.kloudsec.com/v1/discuss/56e90d37dae96a0e00de0a5d

It'll fix the auto redirection loop :)

• vdedivdedi Member

@kloudsec_steven said:
    vdedi, if you disable the auto-redirect, and use Kloudsec's auto-redirection: https://docs.kloudsec.com/v1/discuss/56e90d37dae96a0e00de0a5d

It'll fix the auto redirection loop :)

Ok, it's fixed, but my site is getting slower than before, and a few minutes later offline notice showed up, while the site is up I can access it by changing hosts file.