Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dallas Unmetered vps, 50GB SAS Space 2GB RAM E5 cores $6.3/Month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dallas Unmetered vps, 50GB SAS Space 2GB RAM E5 cores $6.3/Month

letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2012 in Offers

Servers location:
Dallas, Texas, US
Test IPv4 = 198.154.114.2
File Test =
10MB dallas.letbox.com/10mb.test
100MB dallas.letbox.com/100mb.test

Use promo code "lowendbox " and get 30% off Recurring.

OpenVZ
50 GB Disk Space (RAID10 15.7 SAS 6Gb/s)
2048 MB Guaranteed Memory
2048 MB Burst Memory
4 Cores E5 1ghz per 1 core
Unmetered (will capped the connection speed to 10mbit If more than 4TB/month is exceeded)
$9/Month after discount $6.3/Month
https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=4&promocode=lowendbox

What is come with VPS?:

• VPS Supported TUN/TAP, PPTP, Fuse and Systime.
  • vPanel is VPS control panel It allows you to start/stop your VPS. Monitor your VPS resource utilization, view disk space, backup/restore your VPS, and reinstall as well.
  • VPS come with root access.
  • VPS come with 1 Dedicated IPV4.
  • VPS come with 100 Mbps Port Speed.
  • Servers location Dallas, Texas, US.
  • Hardware We are using Jaketown E5 Hex-Core processors or Quad Core E3 with 32 GB or 64 GB Ecc memory along with Raid 10 Cheetah 15.7 SAS 6Gb/s or Fast Enterprise Harddrive.
  • Unmanaged services We are support network troubleshooting.Installing Software is client Responsibility.
  • OpenVZ

More information about vPanel
http://letbox.com/vPanel.php

Custom Plans is available please contact us.

Sales/Support Response Time Within 24 hours (general), or within 4 hours between 10:30AM - 2:30PM (GMT +2)

Thanks

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@key12 said: Unmetered (will capped the connection speed to 10mbit If more than 4TB/month is exceeded)

This is not unmetered, I guess you could call it 'unlimited' though.

• Please use a lightbox on your vPanel page.

• kalamkalam Member
    edited November 2012

@rm_ said: This is not unmetered, I guess you could call it 'unlimited' though.

No, it is not unlimited either, it is marketing bullshit. Max you could use is roughly 7TB a month assuming 4TB at 100Mbps and 3TB at 10Mbps.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2012

I was interested but as said, this isn't unmetered. You are metering the 4TB.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

The offer is really good anyway. How is the vps itself, anyone tested ?
    PS IPv6 ?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

@kalam said: No, it is not unlimited either, it is marketing bullshit. Max you could use is roughly 7TB a month assuming 4TB at 100Mbps and 3TB at 10Mbps.

So We should told people use 4TB on 100mbps and 3TB on 10Mbps? unmetered is good description.
    We are limit the port speed if only going to push 4TB within few days, But just in case need it.

@rm_ said: This is not unmetered, I guess you could call it 'unlimited' though.

Good point

@Maounique said: The offer is really good anyway. How is the vps itself, anyone tested ?

PS IPv6 ?

Sadly our switch Support IPV6 but we can't get it from Data Center (corexchange)

Thanks

@Zetta said: Please use a lightbox on your vPanel page.

Our website is beta version, Thanks you i will keep this in my mind.

• Corexchange offers ipv6, stop your BS

• was freaked out by the little girl on the front page, may want to fix that.

We are request IPV6 but we not hear back from them.
    The website is just beta version we need alot of time to be compelet it and vPanel.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@JoeMerit said: was freaked out by the little girl on the front page, may want to fix that.

>

I agree, seems pretty random...

edited November 2012

@JoeMerit , @Hassan_Reverse

I have different view in this, I won't to use like everyone picture for some server, racks etc, Some different will be better,
    I respect your viewpoint and i will do my best.

• c32c32 Member
    edited December 2012

I guess I've just been scammed by letbox (either that or their support doesn't know what a TCP port is).

I bought (prepaid unfortunately) one 3 months subscription last month after one of their posts here and haven't been using it at all really. Now I put one port forward on it, from/to fixed sockets, obscure protocol+ports with authentication on it (so I'm not going to proxy the whole internet through it) and they claim that's a port scan!

First response to ticket was more than 24h (after they took my VPS down on purpose!), now they're making fun of me that I should've read the TOS (of course, I checked, TOS doesn't say anything about port forward). Also some weeks ago I opened ticket to enable SNAT support and they did it in minutes (although I didn't use it since then).

edited December 2012

@c32 said: I guess I've just been scammed by letbox (either that or their support doesn't know what a TCP port is).

I bought (prepaid unfortunately) one 3 months subscription last month after one of their posts here and haven't been using it at all really. Now I put one port forward on it, from/to fixed sockets, obscure protocol+ports with authentication on it (so I'm not going to proxy the whole internet through it) and they claim that's a port scan!

First response to ticket was more than 24h (after they took my VPS down on purpose!), now they're making fun of me that I should've read the TOS (of course, I checked, TOS doesn't say anything about port forward). Also some weeks ago I opened ticket to enable SNAT support and they did it in minutes (although I didn't use it since then).

Just check our TOS, what is said:

LetBox Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy

Abuse:What is not allowed?

• SpamVertising E-Mail ANY kind must be approved beforehand.
    • ANY Kind of Service attacks ( DDoS, floods, scanners,TCP port etc..)
    • Runescape Bots
    • IO, CPU, Memory and Network Abuse
    • TCP Flood or High in/out packets flowing
    • ++++++Any Affecting other clients ANY kind.
    • Torrent/seed boxes
    • Netscan.
    • Tor Relay/Exit Node.
    • Botnet.
    • Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to LetBox and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.

here is your abuse

top - 01:41:54 up 18 days, 8:32, 0 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00
    Tasks: 30 total, 2 running, 28 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    Cpu(s): 0.0%us, 0.7%sy, 0.0%ni, 99.3%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
    Mem: 262144k total, 24928k used, 237216k free, 0k buffers
    Swap: 0k total, 0k used, 0k free, 0k cached

• THAT IS NOT a portscan or any other abuse!

I'm going to post the last incompetent and barely legible answer from support:
    It doesn't contain any private info as opposed to your post.

"We are talking about something like netscan and send ports not let know what is mean TCP, Ready our TOS and i guess you accept it before signup.

First please hire real employes that are more than 15 years old and know something about networking and then we can discuss.

edited December 2012

We would not need more packet loss issues to our client, the TCP port using high outgoing connection, Your vps is limit to 100mbps which mean 10mbps per second but We get 80Mb/s. the vps should be removed by now but i'm fair with you and Refund has been issued.
    Thanks

• What he wants to say translated in english is that they couldn't handle the 10-14 Mbit/s (yes, that's mbit/s) from the VPS to my pathetic ISP. "Couldn't handle" as in "oh my gosh everything sucks, we are under attack!".
    And I've been doing it via the nicest possible way, not ten thousand connections p2p or some stupid stuff like that, but a handful (usually 2) neat and clean tcp connections.
    And I wasn't doing it all the time, only now and then. Here are my bandwidth stats after about half a month:

Bandwidth :    (4%) 42.4 GB of 1024 GB used / 981.6 GB free

So after full month I still wouldn't be at 10% of my allotment, and they couldn't handle even that. And that includes everything: all transfers, updates, backups, etc.

And being fair means:

• nuking your server for basically using it without any reply from saturday to monday
    • posting private info from your server on your public forum without permission

The refund didn't show up yet, except as a negative invoice. In any case the waste of time dwarfs any single digit dollar bickering.

Not much else to say really, have to move along now.

edited December 2012

Is not your ticket?

Ibarely use any resources, sometimes the box stays idle for days at a time.

That's why using 42GB of bw, I can proof using more than 80MB/s but i don't need waste more time in this, You get your refund and everyone get what he want and happy.

I have just one port TCP port forward for my personal.

The port forward not allowed check our TOS.

• Using 4% of the bandwidth is already abuse isn't it? Where is the threshold? 2%? 1%? Anyone using more than that must be abusing the system because you can't oversell it 100:1, isn't it?

Where is port forwarding mentioned in TOS? Maybe in the following nugget of wisdom:

"ANY Kind of Service attacks ( DDoS, floods, scanners,TCP port etc..)" ?

"TCP port" is now attack?

How can it be forwarding one port not allowed when you support TUN/TAP, PPTP (mentioned explicitly above), ssh, openvpn/snat (from my previous discussion with support)? Do you have any friend at least that understands networking at all?

• I've been using LetBox for about two months now, and would have to say that support has been extremely responsive and helpful thus far. My application doesn't play well with the older OpenVZ kernel, and they happily moved me to a server they just finished building, which happened to be SSD-cached. I couldn't have asked for better service (although gigiabit would be great :) ).

Serverbear benchmark:
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/01/28/L3Fu46aS2LuanRhS

edited January 2013

Thanks you :) we are planing upgrade network to 1Gbps, but we need more time to breath-:p