Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serveraxis Miami is offline - Inception Hosting affected - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serveraxis Miami is offline - Inception Hosting affected

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Holy shit they volumedrive'd coresite!

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Holy shit they volumedrive'd coresite!

Francisco

PMSL

Totally shite for everyone who got caught up in it though.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • J1021J1021 Member

jarland said: Who are we tracking down to break knee caps?

@Traffic is already making efforts to find the individuals responsible.

Thanked by 1JoeMerit
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2016

Dustin from CoreSite, wants you guys to know that, in case you need colocation, you may contact him directly to the following email:

[email protected]

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I guess they have been given permission to talk to save face, nice work.

To be honest though... even Volumedrive handled it better.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@AnthonySmith said:
    I guess they have been given permission to talk to save face, nice work.

To be honest though... even Volumedrive handled it better.

Well, I emailed them regarding ServerAxis and they were really open about it. It's a simple case. They left CoroSite, so that's what they stated.
    Now, what will happen or not... I have no damn idea.

I hope you get some nodes online and create VPS accounts, empty, but... Well, you know how to handle it, and this was not your fault.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Server Axis is still accepting orders for Miami.

Just putting this out here:

It is late at night and I should probably get some sleep but I feel that I need to get this of my chest. Excuse all grammatical and spelling errors (Email will be sent to all clients tomorrow when I wake up)

Since there are more then a few LET members that are customers of mine I will give you the heads up that with the help of a very generous person @AnthonySmith I have been able to get a US location up and running. I have also managed to find an offsite backup location that has been configured and will be included for free. How often the backup will run has not been decided yet but I'm thinking somewhere around once or twice a week.

As some of you know, I don't do this full time, I have a day job and family that usually takes most of my days (and nights). This has not been the case these last days. Hope you all don't take this the wrong way and think that I'm crying, looking for sympathy. This is my venting space.

Plan for tomorrow is send out an informational email and to provision all accounts again. You will know when your account is provisioned by the new account information email.

I wish you all a good night.

• I have been a happy client of @AnthonySmith
    No wonder hosting is a risky business at both ends.

• @AnthonySmith , when can we expect an email with the new vps details, I have two with inception.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2016

Got my "new VPS information" email from Inception.

Didn't bother ticketing the whole episode since it was here and you provided email updates.

• Yeah I didn't open a ticket either as I thought they would be overloaded, anyway one VPS details has arrived.

• cassacassa Member

I'm happy it only affected an old gitlab server of mine. Good luck, @AnthonySmith!

All OpenVZ servers moved over now, working on XenPV/XenHVM > KVM now, had some issues with the cachevault which caused delays so I am a day behind.

If all goes according to plan KVM users (used to be Xen) should start getting emails soon, I will be sending out a bulk email/final analysis, only real difference is IPv6 is still pending and the KVM plans follow the spec of the old HVM plans.

In real terms that means 5GB less disk space but obviously anyone that wants or needed the extra will get it without issue.

• Both OpenVZ and KVM details received, thanks very much!

All KVM servers provisioned, I will be dreaming of mouse clicks in a set pattern for a week.

Those that went on the interim hardware will be migrated (keeping your IP's) over the coming week when it is convenient or immediately if you want by ticket.

A final bulk email will be sent out to everyone tomorrow with a round up/final analysis.

Thanks for the support the 99% have shown, and for those of you who would have made your mother blush with the words you used, no hard feelings.

@AnthonySmith said:
    All KVM servers provisioned, I will be dreaming of mouse clicks in a set pattern for a week.

Those that went on the interim hardware will be migrated (keeping your IP's) over the coming week when it is convenient or immediately if you want by ticket.

A final bulk email will be sent out to everyone tomorrow with a round up/final analysis.

Thanks for the support the 99% have shown, and for those of you who would have made your mother blush with the words you used, no hard feelings.

Link me any promo in your EU servers, and I'll buy it to help with some costs. :P

Excellent work, Ant!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Well handled.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

What data center are the new services hosted in?

• I moved my NAT VPS to Dallas during the downtime. Rather than move it back, I'll just pick up a second server for Miami. Is it safe to order now or should I wait until things stabilize a bit?

Everything moved to phoenixnap, LES Miami will become LES Phoenix, LES should be back online by this evening, it's the last big job.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • 5n1p5n1p Member

Great job @AnthonySmith I did not have server in Miami, but only server that I use for something important to me is UK location XEN by InceptionHosting and after almost 2 years I would not care for extended downtime, especially because I know he does everything in his power to bring it up again. One thing that surprised me was this community support havent seen that coming on LET :) I guess there is "lowendspirit" on LET too.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@KuJoe said:
    What data center are the new services hosted in?

It's with ioflood.

@mikho said:

Which is in PhoenixNAP :)

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited March 2016

mikho said: It's with ioflood.

Good choice, can't go wrong. Didn't Inception already have services there at some point?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Dang, already got enough VPSs in PhoenixNAP. :(

• lbftlbft Member

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1554527&p=9650268#post9650268

Four hours ago the /20 was reannounced as routed via Hurricane to Chicago, just like their other three subnets.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@lbft said:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1554527&p=9650268#post9650268

Four hours ago the /20 was reannounced as routed via Hurricane to Chicago, just like their other three subnets.

They must've taken a boat from Miami to Chicago for it to take this long. That or they had to wait on HE to turn up their next port.

I guess the real thing to watch out for is to see if their Chicago location moves to pure HE since right now they use Steadfast right?

Francisco

Jack said: has your kit come back online in Chicago then?

No, and when I checked after hearing the news of the /20 being announced they have deleted my account from the billing system entirely.

I don't genuinely wish bad things on people often, but.....

@AnthonySmith said:
    I don't genuinely wish bad things on people often, but.....

Those guys are... Horrible.