Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dmbhosting - personal apology - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dmbhosting - personal apology

Comments

• TazTaz Member

@othellorob do you guys have access to his/her hardwares? If so, why not liquidate?

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

Considering he's not a ltd company anymore he owes you £0

DMB Solutions Ltd is still a ltd company, of which he's still shown as a Director ...

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited July 2012

@othelloRob said: DMB Solutions Ltd is still a ltd company, of which he's still shown as a Director ...

Then in that case he owe's you the cash :D But am sure as you will know debt collection is useless. usually worth forgetting about it.

• @othellorob

Ltd company owes the money not me.
    Ltd company has no cash and is currently being dissolved.
    I emailed yourselves othellotech regarding bills and hardware to which I got a very vague email along the lines of pay up and we'll check if we have the hardware.
    I am not a director ( checked my legal position 2 days ago).
    And no invoices were run up after othellotech took over. You are asking for £1500 for one months collocation tops as I can see PayPal receipts to quickvps right upto February. Contact via the support email I opened not publicly via here.

• if anybody else is still awaiting refunds my personal email address is [email protected] i have personally refunded quite alot but am aware there maybe some still outstanding.

• Apology accepted. Thanks for that.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

@daimonb Why did you bump a 4 month old thread to remind people of a failure? I'm assuming it's an attempt to kill VirtIO's reputation by lumping a currently operating provider with a deadpooled one (and admitting 4 months later that you don't think all of your old clients received refunds).

• Wait. VirtIO's current owner was the old owner of dmbhosting?

Well, I didn't know that till now.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2012

I don't think @jhadley ever owned DMB Hosting.

• Think he's referring to

@daimonb said: After in depth discussions I have decided to partner with virt.io

• @KuJoe said: I'm assuming it's an attempt to kill VirtIO's reputation by lumping a currently operating provider with a deadpooled one

Considering that @jhadley himself has started 1 or 2 deadpooled hosts i don't think it would be necessary to kill his reputation. This rather looks like an honest apology attempt

@gsrdgrdghd said: This rather looks like an honest apology attempt

It originally was, until he bumped this thread 4 months later just to remind people that VirtIO is affiliated with a deadpooled host that probably hasn't provided refunds to all of their clients.

• gameongameon Member
    edited November 2012

@KuJoe said: VirtIO is affiliated with a deadpooled host that probably hasn't provided refunds to all of their clients.

New info for me . serves a good thought to those who would want to be well informed before considering a purchase from them.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Considering that @jhadley himself has started 1 or 2 deadpooled hosts i don't think it would be necessary to kill his reputation. This rather looks like an honest apology attempt

I'd go with this, too. Putting things right even after all of this time is always a good thing.

I could be completely wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that after reading this thread I've decided not to purchase from VirtIO. Prior to this thread being bumped, I had no clue that VirtIO and dmb were related.

While I rate very low on the scale of whether or not my decision to not buy from them matters, I still feel that bumping this thread may not have been the best move.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited November 2012

@KuJoe said: just to remind people that VirtIO is affiliated with a deadpooled host that probably hasn't provided refunds to all of their clients.

But you are aware that @jhadley's previous companies were VT6 Internet, QuickVPS, QualityServers and UK Cloud right? If your reason to distrust them is @daimonb, you probably have something against him personally.

Edit: Added VT6

• jhjh Member
    edited November 2012

Daimon and I were talking about a partnership but it didn't happen. Hope that clears things up.

Used to supply to DMB, other than that I have nothing to do with it.

@gsrdgrdghd said: previous companies were QuickVPS, QualityServers and UK Cloud,

They were all the same company.

• @jhadley said: Daimon and I were talking about a partnership but it didn't happen. Hope that clears things up.

Huh, why does he have Virt.IO in his sig then, im confused :S

• jhjh Member

@GetKVM_Ash said: Huh, why does he have Virt.IO in his sig then, im confused :S

I mentioned it might be a good idea if he's going to work with virt.io to promote it wherever he could. He put it in his sig here. Discussions then stopped as he did another disappearing act.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Huh, why does he have Virt.IO in his sig then, im confused :S

Just on that note, I don't see how someone having a website as their sig = related. There's a high chance, but might not always be the case. They could just be helping to promote as they like.

• @jhadley said: I mentioned it might be a good idea if he's going to work with virt.io to promote it wherever he could. He put it in his sig here. Discussions then stopped as he did another disappearing act.

Makes sense, cheers. Looks like you made the right decision then haha.

@gsrdgrdghd said: But you are aware that @jhadley's previous companies were QuickVPS, QualityServers and UK Cloud, right? If your reason to distrust them is @daimonb, you probably have something against him personally.

I was not aware of those companies being related to VirtIO, I thought they were run by jtodd? I have nothing against daimonb personally, I am just saying it's a bad idea to remind people of failures and then advertise that some clients may not have received refunds 4 months later.

• jhjh Member

@KuJoe said: I was not aware of those companies being related to VirtIO, I thought they were run by jtodd?

Same person, unfortunately. I changed my name over the Summer when I got married. Just to restate though - they were all the same company.

• Is that a thing in the UK? The guy changing his name when he gets married? Or are you just using that as an excuse to get away from your old name with it's reputation for deadpooling?

• @jhadley said: Same person, unfortunately. I changed my name over the Summer when I got married.

Right here sire , something is smelly !

@NickM said: just using that as an excuse to get away from your old name with it's reputation for deadpooling

• jhjh Member

@NickM said: Is that a thing in the UK? The guy changing his name when he gets married? Or are you just using that as an excuse to get away from your old name with it's reputation for deadpooling?

Normally the woman takes the man's name. In our case neither of us liked the name Todd, so I changed it then she took mine.

It would be ridiculous to change one's name for the sake of what a few random people on a forum have to say, so no I didn't do that.

• it would appear ive opened a can of worms for that i apologise @jhadley we was going to work together but then as james said it never happened.

i commented on this thread as was aware there were some refunds left to do but dont have access to the client list at dmb as the owner took it over so i was just opening up the fact that i am still here if anybody was missed out over the last lot of refunds.

i have not changed my name, moved address or done a disappearing act personally and simply trying to do the moral thing but as per usual doing the right thing still allows for critics to voice an opinion which i do expect.

what good is a forum without the criticism of others.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: But you are aware that @jhadley's previous companies were QuickVPS, QualityServers and UK Cloud, right?

No, no, no... :)
    It was VT6 Internet first :p (http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/vt6-internet-7-64mb-openvz/) and then QuickVPS and all the rest :)

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited November 2012

@Spirit said: It was VT6 Internet first

Thanks, fixed my post :)

@jhadley said: Just to restate though - they were all the same company.

Well the rebranding (5 times in 4 years) often came together with existing customers getting canceled and being forced to upgrade to more expensive plans.

• jhjh Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: often came together with existing customers getting canceled and being forced to upgrade to more expensive plans.

I only remember one instance of anything like that happening which was well documented at the time. Not sure what you're looking to get out of it now anyway - this was all sorted out months back.