Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Vultr Website Design - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Vultr Website Design

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

chrisfe said: Is Vultr better than DO ?

Yes, because they don't waste precious IOPS on redundancy.

Liberate your performance with Vultr's RAID0 systems!

• It looks clean and professional, but not good choice for hosting website user.

• Looks lot alike do. But couldnt blame them. One of the DO key aspect is their minimal interface.

Good artists copy and great artists steal.

• And I don't know what got into their mind. Their ceo be like,

DO panel is simple. Implement it !
    Hostgator market their mascot. We need one now !

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2016

sdglhm said: couldnt blame them

Not at all. A lot of people borrow from DO's design for their panels. If anything, it's validation that our designers are doing something right. The hosting industry is packed with things that look alike, design trends that carry across various companies.

• @jarland said:
    Not at all. A lot of people borrow from DO's design for their panels. If anything, it's validation that our designers are doing something right. The hosting industry is packed with things that look alike, design trends that carry across various companies.

Add me to that list too. I, myself is a fan of DO's styling.

• Looks great, a good start to 2016. The old design really needed an update anyway. Now I'm just hoping Linode do the same soon, their functionality and features are great but the panel leaves a lot to be desired.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

sdglhm said: DO panel is simple. Implement it ! Hostgator market their mascot. We need one now ! ...

And then there's Hostigation, whose site is certainly unaffected by trendiness in the market...

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2016

https://www.vultr.com/faq/
    Do you allow outbound SMTP?

>

Outbound SMTP is blocked by default.

Normally no one is blocking SMTP or any other ports in cloud, but looking into more content they do VPS, Backup Storage and Dedicated server with low specs but nothing cloud except posh looking control panel.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

@raindog308 said:
    and then there's Hostigation, whose site is certainly unaffected by trendiness in the market...

I wonder if he does that intentionally to weed out annoying customers. But seriously, if he wanted a new site, I'd do it for $77.77 for being lowend themed.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@jarland said:
    New panel looks familiar, but I do like it a lot :)

"familiar" - you got that right :)

• @jarland said:

What happened to:

• Layer03Layer03 Member, Host Rep

I like the new design, the logo not my cup of tea.

@doghouch said:
    What happened to

I'll leave that stuff to the legal experts ;)

• mikeimikei Member

On the second day of the logo, I destroyed my VPS :).

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@jarland said:
    I'll leave that stuff to the legal experts ;)

I just found "oxcean.com." I feel like they just "ripped" the DigitalOcean site and pasted it onto their own. It literally looks the same except for the fact that they failed to copy some CSS for the buttons, containers/rows and video. Their control panel even has some stolen images from Online.net :p

@doghouch said:
    I just found oxcean. I feel like they just "ripped" DigitalOcean's site and pasted it onto their own. It literally looks the same except for the fact that they failed to copy some CSS for the buttons, containers/rows and video.

Looks like DO meets VirtKick meets Scaleway.

• @jarland said:
    Looks like DO meets VirtKick meets Scaleway.

They didn't even try.

Thanked by 1jar
  • austenite said: Now I'm just hoping Linode do the same soon, their functionality and features are great but the panel leaves a lot to be desired.

Looks like it's in the works, this is from Linode's blog: "Open-source Linode Manager: This new API will be the foundation for all things coming in the future, including an open-source Linode Manager which will replace the current manager."

• cassacassa Member

@doghouch said: I just found "oxcean.com."

Funny, their panel doesn't work.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • zxsdwzxsdw Member

i'm from china.i hate it now! i like namesilo,because simple and efficient. i like snoork.com.....because 同上...

• zxsdwzxsdw Member

The new design gave me the feeling is :unprofessional,Insecure,private,ramshackle,collapse.....

• zxsdw said: 同

Is that a washing-machine?

@zxsdw said:
    The new design gave me the feeling is :unprofessional,Insecure,private,ramshackle,collapse.....

Yeah.... that....

• zxsdwzxsdw Member
    edited March 2016

@jarland said:
    Yeah.... that....

• zxsdwzxsdw Member

@tr1cky said:
    Is that a washing-machine?