Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UK] Quality Servers - Further Reductions - £1/month!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UK] Quality Servers - Further Reductions - £1/month!!

jhjh Member
edited September 2011 in Offers

If you've been keeping up with Low End Box, you will have seen our latest £15/year offer (http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/qualityservers-15year-128mb-openvz-vps-in-uk/).

We planned to sell them all this month and still have a few left, so I've reduced the price even further to just £12 per year using the coupon LET23082011.

That means for just £12/year, INCLUDING VAT, you get the following:
128MB memory/128MB VSwap
10GB storage on SAS RAID50
200GB/month data transfer on 1Gbps
1x IPv4 + 8x IPv6
OpenVZ/SolusVM

Payment is by Paypal, credit card or UK bank transfer.

This offer is based in Manchester Science Park, UK on our own nodes in our own racks. For those of you interested, we also have our own office and IP space from RIPE.

Test download files and more information about us is available here: http://www.qualityservers.co.uk/about-us/

Any questions just let me know on this thread - I'll check it frequently :)

Order link: https://www.qualityservers.co.uk/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=150

Thanked by 1skagerrak

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I need some money on my PayPal, this offer is irresistible!

• Any possibility to get a trial of this plan? I want to experiment with that new memory scheme and so :D

And is only in UK right? =(

• Yes very nice offer. Thanks!

@yomero -- yes I believe this is UK only and they have their servers with BurstNET in UK. Tempted to snap one up but need to find a reason why I need another VPS :)

• jhjh Member

@yomero: Yes this is UK only. I'm afraid you will have to buy before you try.

@LowEndAdmin: Thank you!

• DeorDeor Member

@LowEndAdmin: Because its only £12? What more reason do you need? ;)

Signed up for one of these the other week and its running very well for my Teamspeak server. Im sure i can crowbar some other stuff onto it too.

Oh and thanks again for sorting out the vswap so quickly James.

£12 is basically nothing you don't really need a trial. :P

• Is IRC allowed? I know it's not allowed with BurstNet, but you say you have your own equipment, etc. So just wondering...

• Yep, I mean a "trial" of, one or 2 months for... 2 bucks per month for example

• dannixdannix Member
    edited August 2011

Any chance for that price for those who payed 15 gbp using your last leb offer?

• jhjh Member

@armyf9: Unfortunately not

@yomero: No, sorry.

@dannix: No, sorry. But feel free to pick up a second at the lower price! :)

• GaryGary Member

If IRC was allowed I'd snap one up to replace the TinyVPS/Kerplunc VPS that'll be decommissioned at the end of September. :(

• I only just bought one at £15!

I'm not going to argue over £3 though ;)

• alegeekalegeek Member
    edited August 2011

How many vps's are you putting on a node to prevent this being a loss leader?

• need to find a reason why I need another VPS

Early birthday present for someone special? :)

edited August 2011

[personal infomation removed by me!]

• jhjh Member

@ghoulnet: there is no set number. We'll stop deploying on a server before performance starts to degrade.

• trelawneytrelawney Member
    edited August 2011

I snatched one ^_^ , not much testing done ,I just run a quick ssh proxy for iplayer/last.fm radio (post-LES ofcourse). Quality Servers website looks pretty neat and their support pages look up to date.

Just to clarify, no irc means no ircd or are simple connections to irc servers also prohibited?

• Well that just proves the birthday paradox.

I'm on the 31st as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_paradox

• jhjh Member

@trelawney: unfortunately it means no IRC connections at all

edited August 2011

[personal info removed by me!]

• tuxtux Member

drmike said: I'm on the 31st as well.

Me too.

• trelawneytrelawney Member
    edited August 2011

more downtime than uptime so far.. (ok, a bit of an exaggeration) today clocking just over 3 hours of it, along with "SolusVM [..] temporarily offline while we investigate a severe bug. Please raise a support ticket for any issues." At least i get the feeling that it's a genuine problem (some kernel issue)and hopefully not overselling... There is no noticeable I/O bottleneck, general sluggishness when it's up.

• jhjh Member

Hi,

Please let me know if you would like to be moved to another node while we continue to investigate the kernel bug on VZ2UK - it's not a problem.

James

• DeorDeor Member
    edited August 2011

Are you provisioning new orders on other nodes at the moment James? Rather than have you move me im tempted to just get another for £12 if it will be elsewhere.

• jhjh Member

Yes we are provisioning new VPSs to another node. Feel free to get another one.

• I guess it's not a large amount of money, but do you have a way to charge a VAT-less price for non-EU residents?

• jhjh Member

No sorry

• jhjh Member

Just a handful of these left, then we have something Xen-based for you!

Thanked by 1Infinity

jtodd said: Just a handful of these left, then we have something Xen-based for you!

Simlar price range?

• jhjh Member
    edited August 2011

Yes, same price :)