Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup.eu Root Server (SSD) Reviews? - Monster Deal - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup.eu Root Server (SSD) Reviews? - Monster Deal

Comments

• @twiigl said:
    I'm a customer with netcup since 2010 and can really recommend them. They become very attractive at the higher range starting above 12 EUR a month and also their deals, especially at Xmas or summer-specials are really good.

As mentioned before a written notice of cancellation is not needed anymore.

Personally I've got this machine at a yearly contract for 14.49 EUR (vat included) https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1208

A Root-Server Xmas 2015 special for 2.99 with two CPU Cores| 4GB RAM | 40GB HDD which is the best product they have for this pricing and also a labs-server (beta test environment)

If some of you guys want, I've got some onetime discount codes about 5 EUR: http://pastebin.com/zu4bkNRD

Could be so helpful and run this script? Only a benchmark so nothing special.

Thank you!

https://freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh

• need to derail a bit as we are speaking about german VPS providers...

@ZweiTiger haven't you been with contabo lately? are you planning to leave or did leave them already? if so, care to explain why or do a short sum up on their services at all? thanks!

• @Falzo said:
    need to derail a bit as we are speaking about german VPS providers...

ZweiTiger haven't you been with contabo lately? are you planning to leave or did leave them already? if so, care to explain why or do a short sum up on their services at all? thanks!

Hey i been with colorhost.de for years. My friend used contabo. He was very happy with it. Just we changed to an online.net dedicated server.

So i could recommend them very well. They use old hardware and etc but the uptime was great.

I already tried serverloft.de =shit , server4you = shit. Next is netcup.. we shall see. Seems they are very good. I wait for the benchmark from @twiigl

• @ZweiTiger In a private message two days ago you told me Contabo was useless "shit" and I should avoid them at all cost.

So, what's the case now?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2016

@ZweiTiger said:

thanks for clarification... need to add that serverloft and server4you are the same company at all (BSB Services GmbH located in Huerth).

PS: if you're circeling through the german businesses, then maybe have a look at keyweb too https://www.keyweb.de/en/products/server/root-virtual-server
    (used them some years ago, pretty decent and reliable but can't say much about their actual situation)

• @Shigawire said:
    ZweiTiger In a private message two days ago you told me Contabo was useless "shit" and I should avoid them at all cost.

So, what's the case now?

Well. The performance is very bad. Network sometimes slow. Not ready for production only for personal usage.

Uptime was good.

So.. try colorhost.de is ready for production

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2016

@Falzo said:
    thanks for clarification... need to add that serverloft and server4you are the same company at all (BSB Services GmbH located in Huerth).

I tried serverloft.de root server for production. Every 2 week 8 hour downtime. server4you not guarantee any memory for you. so if they say 2gb guarantee then you could use 500mb. Or your server crash :D. What a funny thing.. avoid..

• looks like a provider comparable to Contabo

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited January 2016

ZweiTiger said: Could be so helpful and run this script? Only a benchmark so nothing special.

Sure

Root-Server L SSD v6 (boostraped preboot encrypted): http://pastebin.com/ySqv5ZUq

Root-Server Xmas 2015 (boostraped preboot encrypted): http://pastebin.com/P1kQ0fBp

Root-Server nc-labs (bootstraped preboot encrypted): http://pastebin.com/7tGUp2PZ

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2016

@twiigl said:

Root Server L

Is this the SSD type? IO a bit low :)

Thank you very much!

• ZweiTiger said: Root Server L

Is this the SSD type? IO a bit low :)

Yup that is the SSD one, it could be low, since my servers are preboot encrypted with dm-crypt

• what does it mean that "dvd drive"?

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Geekoine said: what does it mean that "dvd drive"?

Ability to mount custom ISO's?

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited January 2016

@time4vps said

Should I burn and send my own iso?

• @Geekoine said:
    time4vps said

Should I burn and send my own iso?

Stop playing dumb please.

It most likely has a system to mount ISOs from local storage or even allows to mount ISOs over the Internet like you can do on Vultr. Like with KVM...

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • How about to use the compare feature ;) You can upload your own iso and use them if you want, based on the model

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @tr1cky said:
    They are solid. Don't even know why they only guarantee 99,6% uptime, I have one of their netcup-labs test servers which are free and I can't remember any downtime in over a year.

What they advertise as DDoS-protection is more like auto-nullroute though.

Because 99,9 % uptime costs 1,99 € per month (https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1252).

• VPS_UnlimitedVPS_Unlimited Member
    edited February 2016

I have multiple Roots there and everything great so far :) If you need some bench let me know^^

Only downside: additional ipv4 adresses only rentable if you pay 12 months in advance. That makes it 12€+5€setup per year per ipv4.

• @VPS_Unlimited said:
    I have multiple Roots there and everything great so far :) If you need some bench let me know^^

Only downside: additional ipv4 adresses only rentable if you pay 12 months in advance. That makes it 12€+5€setup per year per ipv4.

@jarland can you hold or deny provider tag for him?

• @robohost said:
    jarland can you hold or deny provider tag for him?

How did you come up with that idea?

• https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/ -> click compare -> hover above question mark to see that they throttle your server after using >80 mbit/s for more than 15 minutes. Top kek.

• VPS_Unlimited said: I have multiple Roots there and everything great so far :) If you need some bench let me know^^

If you have some benchmarks, please show :)

• @henkb said:
    If you have some benchmarks, please show :)

Well yeah, for people who want to stay flexible (being able to cancel contract monthly) having to pay additional ips 12 months in advance can be a hassle.

Sure! Will upload some tomorrow :)

• VPS_UnlimitedVPS_Unlimited Member
    edited February 2016

@henkb Here goes:

Netcup Root M @1Gbit/s shared (200mbits promised at all times) bench:

enchmark started on Thu Feb 18 09:38:57 CET 2016
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info

Processor : Westmere E56xx/L56xx/X56xx (Nehalem-C)
    CPU Cores : 2
    Frequency : 1999.999 MHz
    Memory : 5820 MB
    Swap : 0 MB
    Uptime : 2 min,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab113.11
    Hostname : v22016013324831557

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is 46.38.237.40

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 54.3MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 16.7MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 12.7MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 10.6MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 9.59MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 13.4MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 5.34MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 9.61MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 27.2MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 45.6MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 189 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 290 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 382 MB/s
    Average I/O : 287 MB/s

Netcup Root S @100mbit/s bench:

System Info

Processor : Westmere E56xx/L56xx/X56xx (Nehalem-C)
    CPU Cores : 1
    Frequency : 1994.996 MHz
    Memory : 2003 MB
    Swap : 0 MB
    Uptime : 1 day, 2 min,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 3.2.0-23-generic
    Hostname : image-cl.netcup.net

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is 37.120.166.139

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 72.7MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 9.86MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 8.14MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 6.36MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 6.62MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 11.2MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 3.54MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 5.69MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 54.2MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 71.5MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 52.0 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 57.2 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 54.9 MB/s
    Average I/O : 54.7 MB/s

NOTE: My Root server M is from the older generation! Now the root server M comes with dedicated cores (mine are non dedicated vcores) and a 2,3ghz cpu (mine is 1,99ghz).

Thanked by 1henkb
  • What is the current situation with signups and cancellations for this provider?

I'd like to try them out, but don't want to get embroiled in the hassle of having to send in ID or mail or fax (!) them a letter to cancel. German providers are often good quality but lacking in terms of flexibility.

• You need a signed document that you can send them via. E-Mail.
    I signed my document with Paint.

Thanked by 1VPSensational
  • @tr1cky said:
    You need a signed document that you can send them via. E-Mail.
    I signed my document with Paint.

Thanks - sounds like a typical German pain in the ass provider, I'll skip. Shame, the deal looks good.

• @VPSensational said:
    Thanks - sounds like a typical German pain in the ass provider, I'll skip. Shame, the deal looks good.

That's a pain in the ass for you? Other providers require a letter.
    Just use Paint and create your cancelation document in a minute.

• VPSensationalVPSensational Member
    edited February 2016

@tr1cky said:

What can I say, I'm lazy. What's wrong with just hitting a terminate button in WHMCS to cancel a service? Germans...

• @tr1cky said:

Also for the first payment you have to pay by bank transfer. From Hungary its 20 eur fee.