Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ/LibreNMS SNMP disk usage from within guest?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ/LibreNMS SNMP disk usage from within guest?

Is it possible to get the disk space usage in a openVZ guest via SNMP?

I do NOT have access to the host node as it's a time4vps storage VPS.

LibreNMS is picking up CPU and Bandwidth usage and it's picked up

/run
/run/lock
/run/shm
/run/user
/sys/fs/cgroup

In terms of storage, but none of those seem to be showing the actual disk space usage.

Comments

• Used to use Observium + SNMP, found this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/net-snmp/+bug/1403730 but never got around to applying the patch and switched to check_mk anyway. Might work for you

• dragon2611 said: Is it possible to get the disk space usage in a openVZ guest via SNMP?

Is snmpd actually providing this information?

Walk the disk oids and see what you get. You may have a config error on your snmpd.

• http://www.unixmen.com/cacti-monitor-linux-servers-using-snmp/

Give the above link a try.

Especially on:

view all included .1 80

rocommunity YourCommunityCode default -V all

dragon2611 said: In terms of storage, but none of those seem to be showing the actual disk space usage.

• @markturner No I don't think SNMPd is providing the info, guess I'll have to either patch it or extend it with an addon script

• Compiled net-snmp from source and it's working now, Ubuntu package doesn't have the required FS support to be able to read it it seems.

Also it's a bit of a pain to remove once installed it left behind a library that was being used instead of the one I compiled so I kept getting the wrong SNMPD version reported (5.72 where i'd built 5.73)

• edited February 2016

@dragon2611 said:
    Compiled net-snmp from source and it's working now, Ubuntu package doesn't have the required FS support to be able to read it it seems.

Also it's a bit of a pain to remove once installed it left behind a library that was being used instead of the one I compiled so I kept getting the wrong SNMPD version reported (5.72 where i'd built 5.73)

I originally submitted the simfs patch to launchpad, what I did to test it was

apt-get install devscripts build-essential
    apt-get build-dep snmp
    apt-get source snmp
    cd "net-snmp-5.7.2~dfsg/debian/patches"
    wget "https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/net-snmp/+bug/1403730/+attachment/4370006/+files/fix_simfs_detect.patch"
    echo "fix_simfs_detect.patch" >> series
    ## LP managed to strip off a space at the bottom of patch -_-
    sed -i -e '$a\' fix_simfs_detect.patch
    cd ../../
    dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us

Edit: Fixed the fact that there is a missing carriage return at bottom of patch, and replaced debuild for dpkg-buildpackage to remove the need for a GPG key.

Package should be pinned unless you want any updates to the package in the repository to wipe this one out.