Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OneAsiaHost] Introducing the Core VPS and SSD VPS for OpenVZ / KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OneAsiaHost] Introducing the Core VPS and SSD VPS for OpenVZ / KVM

XimaXima Member
edited November 2012 in Offers

New Plans on Tap

1. The Core
What is available?

OpenVZ Core VPS and KVM Core VPS, a new kind of VPS from OAH focusing on High Bandwidth
Lowest plans start at 500GB Bandwidth reaching much higher if needed from bigger plans and add-on options

How can you offer this much bandwidth considering the bandwidth of your other plans?

Core VPS plans are routed via low cost links (no direct China), which currently is Hurricane Electric plus our peering links with SGIX, SOX and Equinix IX SG.
Though latency isn’t optimized, it does allow us the flexibility to provide more bandwidth without changing the price

What type of users would find this appealing?

Core users will be people who want high bandwidth, not care about latency in general and just want to push data.
Works nicely especially if you want to go for File Hosting or Backup Servers.

2. SSD VPS
What is available?

OpenVZ SSD VPS and KVM SSD VPS, offering better upgrade for performance.
SSD VPS gives better I/O speeds.

How exactly does SSD perform better than a normal HDD?

SSDs have no rotating parts and are purely memory chip based, that means you get really good read/write speeds along with low latency.
It will actually result in VPS performance increasing between 10 to 100 times faster.

ServerBear Benchmark
DD:1.4GB/s
FIO Read IOPS: 211286
FIO Write IOPS: 143596

What type of users would find this appealing?

With an SSD in tow inside your VPS it’s easier to run things that have performance as a critical element.
Examples where an SSD VPS will shine are for Database Servers, VPN, VOIP, or Game servers.

3. Still Here
Standard VPS

the Standard VPS for OpenVZ and KVM are still available and are still ready if you need something for more general hosting usage.

Network Infrastructure

Multi-homed Tier 1 Network Providers: HE (USA), PCCW (China, Hong Kong, Global), SingNet (Singapore), DTAG (Europe), SingTel (Global), and NTT (Japan, USA) as our tier 1 network providers.

Check out our Network Information!

4. Still More to Improve!
Feedback

Networks are being added, New Plans and constantly tweaks being made to improve performance and adjust to any unfortunate circumstances. But things can always improve further!

Bothered by something? Want to mention something regarding your specific location’s latency and/or transfer speed? Or route improvements?

Click away to ask and we’ll see how we can help! Send us a ticket!

The Plans

Core VPS
Full Service Details: OpenVZ Core VPS
Full Service Details: KVM Core VPS

OVZ Core -256

Monthly Fee: $7 USD
Guaranteed/Burstable RAM: 256MB/512MB
HDD Space: 10GB
Bandwidth: 1000GB
CPU Core: 1

Order Today: Sign Up Here

OVZ Core -128

Quarterly Fee: $12 USD
Guaranteed/Burstable RAM: 128MB/256MB
HDD Space: 5GB
Bandwidth: 500GB

KVM Core -128

Dedicated RAM: 128MB
Bandwidth: 500GB

Want to be able to cross compare each of our plans available? Click here for Quick Compare

SSD VPS
Full Service Details: OpenVZ SSD VPS
Full Service Details: KVM SSD VPS

OVZSSD-256

SSD HDD Space: 5GB
Bandwidth: 200GB

OVZSSD-128

SSD HDD Space: 3GB
Bandwidth: 100GB

KVMSSD-128

SSD HDD Space: 3GB

Want to be able to cross compare each of our plans available? Click here for Quick Compare

Standard VPS
Full Service Details: OpenVZ VPS
Full Service Details: KVM VPS

OVZ-256

HDD Space: 10GB
Bandwidth: 200GB

OVZ-128

KVM-128

Comments

• XimaXima Member
    edited November 2012

General Info
    Panel: SolusVM
    Datacenter: Epsilon, Singapore
    Sales/Support Hours: Within 48 hours (General) & within 4 hours between 9:30am-5:30pm SG time (GMT +0800)
    SLA: 99.5% uptime guarantee, except during scheduled maintenance or denial of service attacks
    Management: Unmanaged
    Payment Method: Paypal Only
    Refund: None

Acceptable Use
    VPN, Proxy: Yes (Private Use Only)
    Bittorrent, IRC, TOR, Adult Content: Not Allowed

Network Connectivity
    Network Speed: 100mbps per VPS
    IP Addresses: 1x IPv4 (Additional IPv4 @ $3 USD monthly), 10x IPv6 (RDNS via SolusVM)
    Network Information

Specific Network Connectivity for Core VPS

Upstream: HE
    Native IPv6 support through HE
    Peering: SGIX || SOX || Equinix IX SG
    Test IP: 116.251.212.1 , 2405:4200:203::1
    Speed Test || Looking Glass (ping/traceroute/bgp)

Specific Network Connectivity for Standard VPS and SSD VPS

Upstream: SingTel, SingNet, PCCW, NTT, DTAG, HE
    Native IPv6 support through SingTel, PCCW, NTT, DTAG, HE
    Peering: SGIX || SOX || Equinix IX SG
    Test IP: 116.251.208.201 , 2405:4200:201::1
    Speed Test || Looking Glass (ping/traceroute/bgp)

OpenVZ Core 128 and 256 VPS
    Full Service Details: OpenVZ Core VPS

OpenVZ SSD 128 and 256 VPS
    Full Service Details: OpenVZ SSD VPS

OpenVZ Standard 128 and 256 VPS
    Full Service Details: OpenVZ VPS

KVM Core 128 VPS
    Full Service Details: KVM Core VPS

KVM SSD 128 VPS
    Full Service Details: KVM SSD VPS

KVM Standard 128 VPS
    Full Service Details: KVM Standard VPS

New orders submitted after the 15th of the month will be billed until the end of the next month.

Catch us on Twitter or Facebook for Server, Network or Stock updates!
    OAH Twitter
    OAH Facebook

• As an old customer of OAH, I can 100% say their servers are awesomeeee and his standard networks are great.

• Wow. That is all I have to say.

• This is nice offer. :D

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Core IPv6 2405:4200:203::1 not accessible from OVH HK (2402:1f00:2001:100::9391).

• MelitaMelita Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

Nice explanation. Happy customers here also. Use them as backup space, game server and VPN. Since I lives in Asia, the networks is much better than any USA VPS I have tried.

On another note, that I/O speed and IOPS is really awesome.

• XimaXima Member
    edited November 2012

oh dear, i apologize it should've been 2405:4200:201::1 for standard and ssd vps, as for the core test ip it should be fixed shortly. very sorry about that, my bad

• hey @Xima, what happened to @Kenshin?

• @HalfEatenPie said: hey @Xima, what happened to @Kenshin?

Busy fixing the IPv6 problem rm_ found. I'm taking the backseat from sales/marketing and handing it over to Xima and co to deal with so that I can busy myself with LET drama.

• @rm_ said: Core IPv6 2405:4200:203::1 not accessible from OVH HK (2402:1f00:2001:100::9391).

Fixed, thanks for notifying!

• @Kenshin said: Fixed, thanks for notifying!

Ok yeah I first thought that it was you who was promoting this but then I realized it was just a new person!

• @HalfEatenPie said: Ok yeah I first thought that it was you who was promoting this but then I realized it was just a new person!

Xima didn't have enough posts when we first went live, so I did the initial few postings. After that it was all his so I can concentrate on more technical work. Took quite a bit of technical effort to launch these two new products, so I was pretty much only able to keep myself up to date with LET in the past month (plus I was in JP for a week in Oct).

More fun coming in the next few weeks with possible introduction of a new transit provider who will likely be able to reduce latency to PLDT (Philippines).

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited November 2012

@Kenshin said: More fun coming in the next few weeks with possible introduction of a new transit provider who will likely be able to reduce latency to PLDT (Philippines).

Wow.... what would be estimated ping time when that happens? Assuming I'm connected to PLDT

• Anyone cares to post serverbear benchmark for Core VPS and Standard VPS?

• @jcaleb said: Wow.... what would be estimated ping time when that happens? Assuming I'm connected to PLDT

I get 40-60ms with Globe, so I assume it'll be around there? I think right now it's doing 200ms due to incoming path via LA.

@haphan said: Anyone cares to post serverbear benchmark for Core VPS and Standard VPS?

We have some Standard VPS benches on serverbear already, Core I never got around doing one, but if anyone feels up to it please help. :)

If anyone was trying to order, we had the product groups hidden earlier and forgot to unhide them. The SSD/Core products should be visible now. Apologies.

• Great to see some solid plans in the APAC region :)

• @Kenshin said: I get 40-60ms with Globe, so I assume it'll be around there? I think right now it's doing 200ms due to incoming path via LA.

If you are getting that, I think your offers needs to be featured in LEB.

• @jcaleb said: If you are getting that, I think your offers needs to be featured in LEB.

Already featured once, we're hoping for another feature with the launch of the SSD and Core plans. I don't think anyone in the region is doing SSD nor 500GB plans at $4/month yet.

PLDT has been nothing but a pain though, I get better connectivity to Globe and Bayan. Just hoping negotiations/implementations go well with the provider and I can mark Philippines as "cleared" on my to-do list. I'm probably going to be putting a test box on PLDT line to do my own traceroutes since PLDT is really fickle with routing. Been getting Xima to ask his friends for help with traceroutes to identify the problem with PLDT for a while, feeling kinda bad.

• @Kenshin said: Already featured once, we're hoping for another feature with the launch of the SSD and Core plans. I don't think anyone in the region is doing SSD nor 500GB plans at $4/month yet.

I was thinking a feature in LEB to target the Philippine market. I believe < 100ms is a very unique feature that only OAH can provide right now.

• @Kenshin said: Been getting Xima to ask his friends for help with traceroutes to identify the problem with PLDT for a while, feeling kinda bad.

I have PLDT at home, if there is anything I could do to help.

• @jcaleb said: I was thinking a feature in LEB to target the Philippine market. I believe < 100ms is a very unique feature that only OAH can provide right now.

I wonder how many PH visitors LEB/LET has, wonder if this can even justify to the LEB team. :X

@jcaleb said: I have PLDT at home, if there is anything I could do to help.

Sure, I'll ping you when the provider is in for traceroute help. Maybe 2-3 weeks, still need time to arrange for the line to be delivered.

• @Kenshin said: I wonder how many PH visitors LEB/LET has, wonder if this can even justify to the LEB team. :X

What I read before when Jolly Works is listed in LEB, lots of orders comes from PH.

• Wow, nice plan for indonesian customer.
    Traceroute give similar result, or the same?

But, only 1 cpu core for OVZ core 256?

• Order one and pay it. Waiting for the activation

• order accepted now

• @kampung said: Traceroute give similar result, or the same?

SSD has same result as Standard, Core has different result but I peer with most Indonesian ISPs so if you just need pure capacity (which is mainly for hosting), Core VPSes are a good pick.

@kampung said: Order one and pay it. Waiting for the activation

I prefer to be conservative with CPU to keep things balanced. Host node load average is a nice 1.0-2.0 on our fully loaded OpenVZ with plenty of breathing space for any customer that needs a burst.

• @Kenshin said: if you just need pure capacity (which is mainly for hosting), Core VPSes are a good pick

I need it for testing my kamailio.
    If good, i will also use it to test asterisk/freeswitch.

• Instant activation. Nice. :-)