Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPN testers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPN testers.

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
edited November 2012 in Offers

As previously discussed in another thread, we're getting into the VPN business after numerous requests so here we are!

We're still building our infrastructure so keep that in mind when reviewing our services. Right now in the beta stage we only have 3 PPTP servers, 3 OpenVPN servers, and 2 authentication servers in our Tampa, FL. facility but we have 5 other locations we are planning on setting up in just for our VPN services. Keep in mind that all of the servers are on a different network than our VPSs (except for one of the authentication servers). The servers are still in our cabinet and owned by us, but they have a direct uplink to the data center switch so there's no worries about sharing bandwidth with our other services.

Here's a breakdown of some of the features included:
No data retention - Logs take up space so we don't keep logs.
Data encryption - PPTP offers 128bit encryption while OpenVPN offers 1024bit encryption. Our hard drives are also encrypted and password protected.
Rotating IPs - If you need a new IP for any reason, just disconnect and wait 2 minutes and reconnect, the IP cycle so you should get a new IP but in the beta service there are only a few IPs in circulation.
100Mbps port - During the beta, all servers are limited to 100Mbps ports that are shared by all clients.

So here's what you get for FREE:
21 days of free access (after which the plan is automatically terminated)
50-100GB of bandwidth (you chose what you want, I set the option to test our the slider and module)
2 concurrent connections per client for personal use
Access to PPTP and OpenVPN servers in our Florida location
A nice discount if you decide to switch from a beta to a paid account once we go live

Get an account here.
Free beta accounts will not be reviewed if they fail our anti-fraud checks so please fill out all information as accurately as possible and do not order from a VPN or proxy. One beta account per person.

For more info, you can check out our website here: cakevpn.com
Or check out our KB here: Knowledgebase

Any feedback is appreciated. As I mentioned before I am not very knowledgeable with OpenVPN so support for it is very limited at the moment (we are working to remedy this). If you have any issues feel free to contact me on here or raise a ticket. Thanks!

Comments

• Signed up :)

• NickkNickk Member
    edited November 2012

@KuJoe said: No data retention - Logs take up space so we don't keep logs.

How does this work from a legal standpoint and are you able to track down an abuser? It's a nice idea in theory to not log anything, but doesn't that just leave you open to constant abuse? Something I would worry about if I were a VPN provider.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

If we get abuse reports that violate our TOS then we will enable logs to find the abuser and terminate them, once they are terminated the logs are disabled and removed. I haven't found any form of data retention laws except in the financial and medical industry. We have 2 law firms that we will be working with (unsure which we will have on retainer to handle our DMCA mail) before we go live to assist us on the legal matters and what we can and cannot do.

Abuse will happen and we will take all steps to prevent it to ensure our clients are not impacted by a few bad apples.

Wow, a lot of orders flooding in. I think we have enough overseas testers so I'll only be approving US based orders since we've only had 1 and we're almost out of test accounts.

• i thought that must be instant order , and after maxmind marked my order as high risk or something , i just removed my order detail .. lol
    i was dumb to place an order and i know i wasted my time , thanks :)
    that was useless for me :) good luck , i dont need anything for test or free ;) that was my first time i tried to signup free service and it fails .

The only fraud order we had was somebody ordering from an IPXCore IP address.

• Wow, a lot of orders flooding in. I think we have enough overseas testers so I'll only be approving US based orders since we've only had 1 and we're almost out of test accounts.

Oh signed up before reading this. Ignore my application @KuJoe

I've been approving non-US orders that are already current clients so if you had a service with us in the past you may still receive an account. ;)

• :( Out of stock

• Out of stock already? Can you hook me up for an account @KuJoe? I'm already registered in your WHMCS for sparklingnetwork.nl

I've added more stock because we need more US-based testers.

Additionally I will be deleting unused accounts to make room for people who will be testing the service.

• I was approved! Yay thanks @KuJoe

• Mine was cancelled, and i dont know why?

edited November 2012

@mtoledoce said: Mine was cancelled, and i dont know why?

->

@KuJoe said: I think we have enough overseas testers so I'll only be approving US based orders since we've only had 1 and we're almost out of test accounts.

• oops! thanks anyways.

• @KuJoe said: I've been approving non-US orders that are already current clients so if you had a service with us in the past you may still receive an account. ;)

thanks

• NickkNickk Member
    edited November 2012

@KuJoe I'm a little disappointed with this. I signed up and was given a test account weeks ago but received error messages while trying to connect using OpenVPN. I sent in a support ticket which was marked in progress. No response for a week or so.. and this was closed without reply and my testing account was also terminated.