Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS + SolusVM Module Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS + SolusVM Module Issue

Hello Experts,

I have been trying to connect SolusVM with WHMCS following the documentation mentioned here: https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/WHMCS

I added MASTER too, and now when i am this step: https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/Creating+a+Product

It's not showing all the infos how it showed here https://documentation.solusvm.com/download/attachments/557834/whmcspsu.jpg

SolusVM Version: 1.18.03
WHMCS Version: 6.2.2

I have 5656 port working on my master and SSL too and as i have bought license from SolusVM reseller so i can't create support ticket directly with SolusVM so thought may be experts on LET can help me out :)

Thanks

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

Can you verify end to end connectivity on 5656 & 6767 with telnet please?

This is the most common issue that causes your problem.

Thanked by 1AbuRayhan
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Wow.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • My favourite hosts are the ones who do their learning and growing before our eyes.

• @Nekki said:
    My favourite hosts are the ones who do their learning and growing before our eyes.

Start a website named LowEndLearning. LEL

• @Nekki

You cam like me more by helping me out :)

• You cam like me more by helping me out :)

I do not wish to encourage you by providing assistance. Good day to you, Sir!

Thanked by 2Jonchun FlamesRunner
  • @dailymc

I would say innovative ;)

If he picked a DC that blocks irc at the switch 6767 gets caught up in that, its a pain, especially if you spend 2 hours trying to find out why because the DC does not tell you that.

Or worse still when you do ask, some 1st line person gives the generic response of "we do not block any ports please check your server config"

Cant say that ever happened to me........

/me whistles

Thanked by 2trewq linuxthefish
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@AbuRayhan said:
    dailymc

I would say innovative ;)

Nothing innovative about installing WHMCS and SolusVM together. Were you able to connect to the ports as @AnthonySmith mentioned over telnet?

• Can't wait for your super duper vps offer soon

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:
    My favourite hosts are the ones who do their learning and growing before our eyes.

But, some LET members are still buying from such provider and then complaint a few months later about downtime, etc. Humans are humans.... people have sometime difficulty to understand.

I don't say it's will be OP situation, but still...

• @AnthonySmith

Thanks dear, got connected but having problem with callback now .. always show connection error :(

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    I don't say it's will be OP situation, but still...

Because price matter.

I know someone who move his server every month just to save few $ (maybe cent), (since so many provider out there give %50 or more for first month).

• Where is your VPS node, SolusVM master and WHMCS servers located? Try to have them relatively close together, for example master in NYC, vps node in Chicago and billing panel in the UK should be fast.

Connection error from WHMCS to the solusvm master? If you changed the master port to 80/443 make sure you also add a section in solusvm's lighttpd config so it still listens on port 5656 and whatever SSL is.

Where are you hosting your WHMCS? if it's on shared web hosting they might also block ports. Try doing "curl http://master.summerhost.com:5656" and see if you get any errors. If not, check API keys and allowed IP for the API key.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • AbuRayhanAbuRayhan Member
    edited February 2016

@linuxthefish

CURL working fine and i allowed both 6767 & 5656 port on both server by adding firewall rules ... still getting connection error but when i browse the callback script it shows invalid ip

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2016

You have to allow the IP /usr/local/solusvm/data/allow.dat

• Whitelist ip's and issue will be resolved

• sdglhm said: Whitelist ip's and issue will be resolved

tried but failed :(

• doughmanes said: You have to allow the IP /usr/local/solusvm/data/allow.dat

there wasn't any allow.dat file inb the path you specified but i tried creating one and adding the WHMCS IP into it ...

still same ...

• On master click configuration then API settings, then edit Api used and select allow all IP's to use.

• @linuxthefish

tried it many times ago and tried it now too ... but same error ...

i set node groups, operating system and others as it needed to be .. now can't find a problem, but there is a problem still missing ... :(

• I look forward to your first offer.

• Make sure you have import mode off in General settings.

• $100 and i'll fix it, or ask SolusVM support if you are feeling cheap :)

Cancel your license, don't worry about saving $0.50 and buy a new one with solusvm directly, then open a support ticket.

Thanked by 3miTgiB racksx AshleyUk
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep

linuxthefish said: Connection error from WHMCS to the solusvm master? If you changed the master port to 80/443 make sure you also add a section in solusvm's lighttpd config so it still listens on port 5656 and whatever SSL is.

As per the latest update you should upgrade to the "nginx stack" if you are running a old install. I doubt this would be applicable here since new installs already have port 80/443 enabed by default along with 5656 for the backend on master install.

Where are you exactly getting connection error?