Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Small VPS for Private Proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a Small VPS for Private Proxy

xprotoceptxprotocept Member
edited August 2011 in General

Hey

I'm looking for a cheap VPS where Private Proxy's are allowed
I'm planning to install Squid
Only i am going to use it

Hope you can show me some good hosts

Comments

• jhjh Member

Where are you based, as it's best to get a server close to you for this purpose?

• I'm from Holland, a server in the EU Would be great
    But that host needs to allowed Proxy ofcourse

• jhjh Member

Ecovps.com?

• That just cost too much :D

I want a LEB one below $7 month

• @dmmcintyre3

I'm looking for a host that does allow proxy, not all hosts do

• try newhost.ro

• @harleqin

As i said before, i want a LEB not one from 9 euro ($13)

• KeithKeith Member
    edited August 2011

Ramhost allows Non-Public Proxies.

$4.99 per month for 128 MB payable quarterly, currently 1 OVH box available in Germany & plenty of KVM boxes in the UK.

• JohnnyJohnny Member
    edited August 2011

Assuming you're not planning to be a particularly heavy bandwidth user and that you're not planning to do anything too illegal then, I would just go through LEB and pick the VPS that suits you best in terms of location, price and bandwidth. I have had a number of VPSs and have run a proxy on all of them without a problem or, to be honest, even checking the T&Cs. Location would probably be best in the NL unless you are prepared to compromise slightly on performance in order to do something like access the BBC iPlayer through it - if that is the case look for a cheap UK one. I would advise you to pay monthly though, that way. if the box you choose doesn't have the performance you need or if the supplier objects to what you're doing, then you can just move to another supplier without losing much cash.

• 150GB isn't enough

Need atleast 350GB

• Does nordicvps.com allow Proxy?

• You are allowed to read the rules yourself:

http://nordicvps.com/aup.html