Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Chinese New Year! / Happy Lunar New Year! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Happy Chinese New Year! / Happy Lunar New Year!

2»

Comments

• 새해 복 많이 받으세요. 설날 축하해요.

• @TheZealous said:
    For those who are Chinese that were "escaped" from the communists control in China to the USA, I am happy for them. We usually referred to them as Chinese American (if they hold a citizenship with the US".

Now they are under Marxist control lol

• LET. A unique place.

• TheZealousTheZealous Member
    edited February 2016

@msg7086 said:
    And lunar calendar is just a way of creating calendar by observing the lunar phases. I'd assume the moon is a shared resource of mankind and anyone can observer the lunar phases and create their own copy of calendar, thus Chinese calendar, Hindu calendar, Korean calendar, and more variations all over the world. If someone holds a patent on the ways of creating a variation of lunar calendar, please share with us.

Sorry dude, I am not Chinese and I don't understand Chinese. You can make the Chinese font a little bit bigger and I will still don't understand :). I am not sure why or how you assume that I am Chinese and understand Chinese, perhaps the usual habit things that exists with Chinese? However, I am celebrating Lunar New year as part of our culture tradition. My country, who is not China, also celebrate this new year as well.... and we don't call this day is Chinese new year. China don't own everything (for the love of God!!!). lol.

ManofServer said: Now they are under Marxist control lol

Now they are under Maoist, which is even worse! Good luck with freedom of speech there. Here in the US, you can be disagreed and curse Obama out all day long without getting put in jail. There, if you curse out the Chinese leaders, you are in trouble. Not to mention their leaders are collecting corruption money everywhere and claim that their country is the best of the best. Just a thought...

• Can we get this thread back to "Happy Whatever" or will it stay unhappy as it is at the moment? Unhappy threads tend to develop manic depression and become drug addicted sooner or later. Save a thread today! Stop splitting atoms.

• Amitz, I just want to make my point... that today is not the only New Year day for the Chinese.... The people of China can name this day whatever they want. But just knows that there are other countries in Asia also celebrating this Lunar New Year day as well... and they don't call today is "Chinese new year" day. :)

Think of this scenarios...Last Jan 1st, the whole world celebrated New Year, and we don't wish each other Happy US New Year!, or Happy German New Year! or Happy Canadian New Year! ....but simply just "Happy New Year!". In this case, it is a Lunar New Year, nothing else. I am done explaining... we can get this threat back to Happy Whatever it is. lol

• @TheZealous said:

I didn't expect you to understand Chinese words. I was telling the difference, and when you disagree, I show the proof.

My point is, the word "Lunar new year" is not limited to the yesterday, but also includes those new years influenced by other cultures, such as Indian lunar new year, etc. You effectively overwrite the lunar new year all over the world with the new year's date in Chinese culture, and that doesn't sound good.

But, anyway.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

What if this thread would be renamed to "Happy Chinese New Year / Happy Lunar New Year"? Would that pacify the planet and render everyone happy? I, as a european, could not care less, but I would love to see all involved parties happy and jubilating!

• @msg7086: Still disagreed with you, but I am done with what I had to say buddy. :)

@Amitz: Sure! "Happy Chinese New Year / Happy Lunar New Year" would do.

• @ALinuxNinja: I have changed the title and sincerely hope that you are okay with that. It's for world peace, you know... ;-)

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited February 2016

@Amitz said:
    ALinuxNinja: I have changed the title and sincerely hope that you are okay with that. It's for world peace, you know... ;-)

Thanks Amitz!

We can finally end the friction that started in this thread, what with the horrible mentions of Wise and Honorable Leader Mao Zedong that @TheZealous did and all.

• @Amitz said:
    What if this thread would be renamed to "Happy Chinese New Year / Happy Lunar New Year"? Would that pacify the planet and render everyone happy? I, as a european, could not care less, but I would love to see all involved parties happy and jubilating!

Happy New Year!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Traffic said:
    Happy New Year!

Naaah, this would have been way too easy... ;-)

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

新年快樂!

• Happy Lunar New Year

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited February 2016

Luna(r)node should make an offer.

• @ALinuxNinja said:

That looks awesome

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • @Amitz said:

It's pancake day tomorrow!

Real pancakes, not that American rubbish