Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LHC giveaway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LHC giveaway

TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
edited February 2016 in General

So I have this LHC VPS, got it last year when Anthony had the dedicated IP promo. No longer needed, so I'm thinking of giving it to someone else who needs it. You must already be a client of InceptionHosting, else you can't get this transferred to your account. First come first served.

The plan ends on July 30, and the renewal will be 10 euros per year. I'm sure you can upgrade to a larger plan too, but you will need to tecket in after the transfer.

The plan details:

KVM Virtualization
1 CPU Core (shared)
256MB Ram
6GB SSD Cached Disk
1 TB Bandwidth
NAT IPv4 Dedicated IPv4
/64 IPv6
Thanked by 2MikePT Tripleflix

Comments

• I would get it, but I would prefer 128MBs of RAM instead... Possible, @AnthonySmith?

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited February 2016

I would get it, if it still available

Edit: it seems my account got deleted, since all my service expired

• i wish the location is singapore :(

• @abangnoob said:
    i wish the location is singapore :(

same here, but leaseweb is pretty conservative with their IPs in Singapore, doubt they would really make them that readily available to their clients :/

• Yea SG location didn't have the IPs.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Yea SG location didn't have the IPs.

Im interested, if it can be downgraded to 128MB.

• @theroyalstudent said:
    Im interested, if it can be downgraded to 128MB.

I'm not sure if that's an option, but when the promo came out, the smallest was the 256MB.

• why LHC's singapore vps always out of stock? don't they restock?

• @aubert said:
    why LHC's singapore vps always out of stock? don't they restock?

Singapore has pretty high demand, if you want me to transfer one to you for cheap I can, it's a 128MB node (KVM) but you need to be an existing customer.

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited February 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I'm not sure if that's an option, but when the promo came out, the smallest was the 256MB.

__

I also got the dedicated ip promo and mine is 128mb lol

• aubertaubert Member
    edited February 2016

@theroyalstudent said:
    Singapore has pretty high demand, if you want me to transfer one to you for cheap I can, it's a 128MB node (KVM) but you need to be an existing customer.

does 128MB ram enough for VNC + Gnome?
    i'm currently finding singapore's vps which have 512mb Ram and 20GB HDD/SSD,possible cheap for downloading and reupload,any advice or reccomendation?

• @masterqqq said:
    I also got the dedicated ip promo and mine is 128mb lol

Wanna give out? :) I'm actually willing to pay, since I'm in pretty high spirits right now (and want to finish my current prepaid MasterCard - $4 SGD left I think)

• @aubert said:
    does 128MB ram enough for VNC + Gnome?

Not sure, I assume it isn't, though 128MB node comes with 128MB of swap.

• aubert said: does 128MB ram enough for VNC + Gnome? i'm currently finding singapore's vps which have 512mb Ram and 20GB HDD/SSD,possible cheap for downloading and reupload,any advice or reccomendation?

You need at least 512 Mb for that spin up a droplet configure use it then take a snapshot destroy it.

spin a droplet from the snapshot when ever you require it

• @simonindia said:
    spin a droplet from the snapshot when ever you require it

very good advice, seems i would go to digital ocean

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

@aubert said:
    very good advice, seems i would go to digital ocean

I'm doing the same Indian ISP's routing Sucks

I'm very very sorry for derailing @theroyalstudent @TheOnlyDK

• @aubert said:
    downloading and reupload,any advice or reccomendation?

Hmm? Do you really need GNOME? Just use an API if there's any, or use torrents :)

• @theroyalstudent said:
    Hmm? Do you really need GNOME? Just use an API if there's any, or use torrents :)

i'm usually using remote desktop connection through vnc to remote my vps because i'm downloading on file hosting like tusfiles,solidfiles,or anything similiar,does there's exist instant way other than using rdp to downloading from file hosting site?

• @aubert said:
    i'm usually using remote desktop connection through vnc to remote my vps because i'm downloading on file hosting like tusfiles,solidfiles,or anything similiar,does there's exist instant way other than using rdp to downloading from file hosting site?

Nope, don't think so.

• aubert said: does 128MB ram enough for VNC + Gnome? i'm currently finding singapore's vps which have 512mb Ram and 20GB HDD/SSD,possible cheap for downloading and reupload,any advice or reccomendation?

I strongly doubt it. I could manage VNC + LXDE, but couldn't use a browser.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Few things.

No you cant run gnome and VNC on 128mb ram.

Torrenting is not allowed and monitored.

Yes I can downgrade it to 128mb or split it (1 without dedicated IP)

Happy Monday.

• I would love this package, got a nice new project that needs a small server and this would fit just perfect.

I do have some VPS's from antony so have an account..

NL location is perfect, as im from the NL as well :)

• @Tripleflix said:
    I would love this package, got a nice new project that needs a small server and this would fit just perfect.

That's good, I don't actually have a need for one (for now), just want the dedicated IP so I can migrate my existing box from LHC SG when time comes.

With that, I make mine void, since someone could do much more than me with it :)

• @Tripleflix said:
    I would love this package, got a nice new project that needs a small server and this would fit just perfect.

Sounds good! I have PMed you XD

• Large Hadron Collider Giveaway?! COUNT ME IN!

Thanked by 2Francisco Amitz
  • @EphemeralEclipse said:
    Large Hadron Collider Giveaway?! COUNT ME IN!

^ LOL

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I will create a small black hole where your account used to be