Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ajenti Core vs Feathur
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ajenti Core vs Feathur

Hello,
so basicly I am looking for an open source VPS Panel to improve instead of starting one from scratch. But as I understand it both ajenti core and feathur wont let you use the code entirely for free in a commercial end product. Ajenti wants you to pay 3€/m whe you use the code for a SaaS product, feathur charges even 5€. I am looking for an entirely free to use open source panel which with a GPL or MIT license. Which of the both would you recommend? If both acctually will cost fees in my finalized end product (after doing code edits) I would create a panel from scratch.

Comments

• Yeah, i would be interested in this as well.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm not sure I follow the comparison between those two but honestly yeah I'd just go with this if you don't want to be under the restrictions of someone else's policies:

Ympker said: I would create a panel from scratch

• Guess this is it then :)

• Ympker said: feathur charges even 5€.

On the website, I only see the $3.50/server/month pricing. Did you get in contact with @feathur / Justin?

If not, I'd advise you to get in contact with him to see if you two could work out something.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Isn't feathur an abandoned or almost dead project, after the selling of bluevm?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Bluevm no longer uses feathur.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

There's always OVZ Web Panel: https://github.com/sibprogrammer/owp

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jbiloh said: Bluevm no longer uses feathur.

Its probably not considered abandonware yet though as you own bluevm and I assume by extension feathur, if this is the case maybe put a statement on the github for it stating its free for use without restriction and considered abandoned.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: Its probably not considered abandonware yet though as you own bluevm and I assume by extension feathur, if this is the case maybe put a statement on the github for it stating its free for use without restriction and considered abandoned.

We do not own Feathur. I believe there was a thread a few months back where Justin (developer/owner of Feathur) commented inviting people to use/develop Feathur, but I might be wrong.

• jbiloh said: I believe there was a thread a few months back where Justin (developer/owner of Feathur) commented inviting people to use/develop Feathur, but I might be wrong.

Yep, here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/56286/feathur-the-github-is-restored

• Both Ajenti and Feathur are AGPL'ed, so fork the code on GIT and start coding. No fee. Never.