Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM/BuyShared Mail issue and nameserver details
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM/BuyShared Mail issue and nameserver details

Hello,

I am not receiving any mails i send to my domain hosted on buyshared.

I am not using buyShared nameservers. (actually i could not find it :-P ). Can anyone please share their nameservers?

Trying to ticket them now , but for some reason on ticket submission if get chrome's "No data received" screen. Hence the post here.

Comments

• ShamliShamli Member
    edited February 2016

Just point your mx record to your server(buyshared) ip...

• yea its been like that since past 3 months.. and was working fine till yesterday..

• @francisco might help

• ns1 and ns2.buyvm.net

• Did u try their helpdesk ? They respond fairly quick.
    LET is is not their HelpDesk my friend.

Thanked by 1Catalin
  • Their Nameservers go all the way upto 4.

Ns1.buyvm.net
    Ns2.buyvm.net
    Ns3.buyvm.net
    Ns4.buyvm.net

As Mridul said try https://my.frantech.ca for their support.

• kaflokaflo Member
    edited February 2016

@Mridul said:
    Did u try their helpdesk ? They respond fairly quick.

=

@techkken said:
    Trying to ticket them now , but for some reason on ticket submission if get chrome's "No data received" screen. Hence the post here.

• Did you check you did not exceed the mailbox quota limit ? Simple thing many on cPanel forget to look at, am I over quote? Nope, not even close, but each mailbox has it's own quota within the account quota

• Are you trying to receive e-mail from some type of CMS (e.g WordPress) sending those e-mails hosted on BuyShared? In that case you must request that they whitelist it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

i hate lighttpd~

As for mail, by default external SMTP and sendmail (phpmail, etc) are blocked. You can open a ticket and request that to be unblocked.

Francisco

• Francisco said: i hate lighttpd~

Then why do you use it?

@Rallias said:
    Then why do you use it?

By sometime tonight we won't be :)

Francisco

• @francisco I am not sending mail through code. I am not able to receive mail I send.

I used the webmail to check for mail. Gmail gave me a delivery failure message when I tried to send mail to my domain. Mails sent by me from webmail are working fine ..problem is I cannot send mail to my domain.

This all was working fine till 2 days back

@techkken said:
    francisco I am not sending mail through code. I am not able to receive mail I send.

I used the webmail to check for mail. Gmail gave me a delivery failure message when I tried to send mail to my domain. Mails sent by me from webmail are working fine ..problem is I cannot send mail to my domain.

This all was working fine till 2 days back

Odd! Open a ticket, I got an idea of what it might be :) It's an easy enough fix if it's what I think it is.

Francisco

• I am still not able to open a ticket. Have PMed you instead.

• for future: Fran is quite responsive to tweets, it's no ticket replacement but you will get his attention that way