Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any difference between OVH/SYS/KS when it comes to support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any difference between OVH/SYS/KS when it comes to support?

Dear all,

I am planning to rent a server on the OVH network. I just wonder: Is there any noticeable difference in support quality between their 3 brands? I do not need any hand-holding at all. I just want a reasonable fast reaction in case of hardware or network problems. Will going with OVH (instead of SYS) provide me with a prioritized support or is it all the same slow show? If I remember right, then KS support is forum-only with a guaranteed reaction time of 2 weeks+. Or has that changed?

Thank you for insights from those who experienced more than just one OVH brand!

Kind regards
-A

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2016

OVH provides decent support, I find calling them gets immediate results over support tickets/email. That is OVH specifically over Kimsufi/SYS. You do now get ticket support with Kimsufi but it's not great from what I heard.

Rightly so, if you pay for the premium brand you should get the premium support.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Lee said:
    OVH provides decent support, I find calling them gets immediate results over support tickets/email. That is OVH specifically over Kimsufi/SYS.

Would second this.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • sinsin Member
    edited February 2016

Well I've had really good experiences with OVH North America, have a couple of their VPSes in BHS and tickets are responded to promptly and even when I called them during the big BHS outage that happened I was still connected after only 2 rings (and they were very helpful over the phone).

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Has anyone used their SYS and OVH brand to compare the both?

edited February 2016

Amitz said: Has anyone used their SYS and OVH brand to compare the both?

I have. With SYS I had a DDOS that didn't kick on mitigation for 12 hours (down the entire time), a ticket that didn't get a response for 24 hours, and couldn't enable permanent mitigation myself (that may be different now).

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

And was it noticeable faster and better with OVH "direct"?

Scratch this - your answer some posts above indicates that.

edited February 2016

@Amitz said:
    And was it noticeable faster and better with OVH "direct"?

Yeah, they reply much faster and their phone support is friendly. At the time I was with SYS, if it hasn't changed, I also have more control over the mitigation under the OVH direct brand.

Thanked by 2Amitz vimalware
  • Never had problems with SYS/KS support (but barely needed, just a billing question once for IPs on SYS), but others I know have said that the main OVH support is way more responsive.

Offtopic: Anyone have experience with OVH vRack cross-DC? Looking at a new box in BHS and potentially one in GRA or RBX, both with vRack which can create a private VLAN across the DCs with the 2nd NIC. Speeds pretty decent? Functionality there?

• Okay, so it is understood that (in terms of support)
    OVH > SYS > KS
    Never thought that OVH would ever be stringent in anything...

Thanks, guys!

• I can confirm that OVH > SYS > KS by that order, responds faster. OVH it's worth the extra money comparing to SYS, if you're looking for peace of mind. On the other hand, if you're looking for a server in France, I had good experience with online.net (and they offer different levels of SLA), although even on the lowest level, they always replied to my tickets within 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Actually, ks barely gets any support at all. You basically have to use the forum.

On other hand, ovh support us far awesome comparing to sys

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • You barely get any support with KS even on their forums :(

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Lee said:
    Rightly so, if you pay for the premium brand you should get the premium support.

It pretty much self explanatory

• DylanDylan Member
    edited February 2016

Support quality varies pretty heavily based on the regional branch you're with, too: Ireland tends to be the worst by far; North America the best (plus the only branch with 24/7 phone support), followed by France.

I haven't used the UK branch myself, but I've heard they're pretty decent even though they have more limited phone hours (same as Ireland).

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • If any hardware fails on KS, expect a fairly quick turn around. As for any tickets / contact, it'll take a few days.

SYS support was always a phone call away, never dealt with the ticketing.

Can't speak for OVH.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Can definitely say OVH North America is 24hrs. Just called them at 21:45 EST and sales picked up and was super helpful.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Ruriko said: You barely get any support with KS even on their forums :(

Yeah...KS might as well be run by robots, because that's the service you get. As @Riz says, if something fails and it's picked up by their monitoring, service is great. Have a billing question? Days/weeks. A technical question? LET is your help desk.

That said, I've never needed any support with KS and their systems seem to work whenever I've needed to use them...which is more than I can say for some 24x7 enterprise-grade customers-service-is-our-ethos LET hosts...

Thanked by 2Riz Amitz
  • BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

Yes...SYS ticket support is SLOW like...Hell...
    But call them and they are really helpful...
    Can't tell about Kimsufi...
    I NEVER EVER had problems with SYS...called them just to inquire about their services...and test their helpfulness...

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I have a couple of servers with OVH for business related use, and have a few KS servers for personal use.

I have only ever had to contact OVH support twice, and they responded in under an hour both the times, and resolved the issues within the next 3-4 hours. That is pretty decent imo.

As for KS, I had opened a couple of billing related tickets with them, and they took their own sweet time in responding back. Average turn around time was about 12-14 days.

So, yeah, OVH >>> KS.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

OVH support is slow in general, but it is acceptable, because they have good prices.
    SYS support is very slow
    kimsufi - almost no support at all.

Thanked by 1Amitz