Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone interested on my $20 Delimiter server 16G RAM + SSD?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone interested on my $20 Delimiter server 16G RAM + SSD?

peixotormspeixotorms Member
edited February 2016 in General

I have one of those HP BL260c Dual E5420 16GB SSD with Delimiter, paid until 01/05/2016 for which I don't have any usage anymore.

I am selling it for $30. Renewal is quarterly for $60 ($20 month) wich is quite cheap for this server.

If anyone is interested in buying this server soon, pm me and I'll sell you mine for $30.
Basically, you get the rest of February, March and April for half price.
Better than refugee offers :)

Payment mode by Paypal.

Edit: Thanks to mikeyur, ILO is now up again.

Edit: After more information from mikeyur (scroll down), you need to be already a Delimiter customer (with an active service) or willing to buy something from them, such as the $2.5 object storage http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/objspace/ in order to create an account first.
Then I can transfer my server to your account, by requesting them via email (so you get the server directly on your own account from Delimiter).

Specs:

HP BL260c Enterprise blade server with dedicated ILO/KVM. All our blade servers have a gigabit uplink and the option for dedicated private networking.

What's included:

CPU Dual E5420 (8 cores in total) benchmark 6521

RAM 16GB

Disk 120GB SSD

Bandwidth 10TB

IPv4 1

IPv6/64 Subnet

Thanked by 1ManofServer

Comments

• I am. Pm'me

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited February 2016

Just going to make it clear that the ILO is still down because you requested we disable it a couple weeks ago.. and then made some configuration changes and needed it again.

We're working towards fixing it, but it's behind a long list of customers who are missing access due to configs getting wiped.

Edit: Also, it has already been reactivated

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yes, the ILO was down by my request (before the outage) due to my own security concerns. My mistake for not include that information.

• Ill give you 1 dollar for it.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Me few bucks

• How much bandwidth 5tb or 10tb?

• @Eobble said:
    How much bandwidth 5tb or 10tb?

10TB on that box

• I'll take it @mikeyur can you confirm the box is movable between accounts?

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

I already pmed it's sold 30 minutes ago...

• @gleert said:
    I already pmed it's sold 30 minutes ago...

Gifs or it didn't happen.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Eobble said:
    I'll take it mikeyur can you confirm the box is movable between accounts?

It's transferrable if you have an account in good standing. If you do not, you can purchase another service (ie. Obj.Space - $2.5/mo) - wait for billing verification/fraud screening - and then it can be transferred.

We need whoever receives it to have a purchase history with us and a recent transaction on file.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Looks like delimiter servers are still in high demand :)

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@mikeyur said:
    We need whoever receives it to have a purchase history with us and a recent transaction on file.

What is obj.space?

• @entrailz said:
    What is obj.space?

Our S3-compatible Object Storage product. Was just giving an example of a low cost product we offer, but you can check out more here: http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/objspace/

• @mikeyur said:
    Our S3-compatible Object Storage product. Was just giving an example of a low cost product we offer, but you can check out more here: http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/objspace/

Any plans to increase the amount of bandwidth?

• @black said:
    Looks like delimiter servers are still in high demand :)

I think once you and others see the RFO, you'll understand it was just a really crummy series of events that compounded. There was no delay in restoring service due to lack of action, lack of direction or lack of spending.

We've already improved many aspects of our ATLA03 datacentre, starting from the day of the outage, the following morning and throughout the week.

We'll also be addressing things like communication during outages, setting up a proper external notifications system with regular set-time updates (every XX mins). We had our important systems off-network but definitely dropped the ball on alerting customers on outage status/progress, which increased ticket load and reduced quality of responses.

• @ALinuxNinja said:
    Any plans to increase the amount of bandwidth?

I got approval last week to modify those plans. The bandwidth will double or quadruple based on billing term (existing customers will get their quota increased automatically). Also note that it's only outbound bandwidth that's counted against that limit, all inbound is free and there's no fees for get/put/etc requests.

• @mikeyur How come I login to delimiter and my server is suspended? I haven't sold it yet and I haven't transfer it to anyone. Also according to what's posted above, I can sell it to existing customers only, right?

edited February 2016

@peixotorms said:
    mikeyur How come I login to delimiter and my server is suspended? I haven't sold it yet and I haven't transfer it to anyone. Also according to what's posted above, I can sell it to existing customers only, right?

Your account got immediately flagged & locked when you made changes to your account details (you changed email & Address 1 line to "To be updated"). It looks to us as if you want to change account details to transfer ownership - which is NOT the correct way to do things.

You must submit a ticket and request the transfer. Email me - [email protected] with the details of transfer and I will verify if it's possible.

• I see, I'm sorry. I though the new owner could just update their details. In that case, I'll set it back and then email you to do the transfer.

• @peixotorms said:
    I see, I'm sorry. I though the new owner could just update their details. In that case, I'll set it back and then email you to do the transfer.

Email me the new owners details - specifically the email they use with us, as they need an active account. I'll unlock your account after I verify the new owners information/account.

• @mikeyur OK, I got you a new customer for the object storage and they want to take the server. I sent an email to sales asking for the server transfer with the user's information. Please look at it, when possible. Thank you very much for your time and availability.

• @mikeyur said: (…) We've already improved many aspects of our ATLA03 datacentre…

Am I to take it you have/use multiple DC's in Atlanta? Are those independent locations? Do you offer your Dual E5420 16GB RAM blade servers in all 3 locations?

edited February 2016

@aglodek said:
    Am I to take it you have/use multiple DC's in Atlanta? Are those independent locations? Do you offer your Dual E5420 16GB RAM blade servers in all 3 locations?

Delimiter only offers services out of the single location/DC. We have some additional locations coming soon, but they won't be in atl :)

Thanked by 2doughmanes aglodek
  • @mikeyur said:
    Delimiter only offers services out of the single location/DC. We have some additional locations coming soon, but they won't be in atl :)

lol all servers shall be located in atlanta :P

• @doghouch said:
    lol all servers shall be located in atlanta :P

The gear's on the way out as of this week to be racked. Won't be $30 boxes, but probably some stuff still in 'low end' range in some new spots. Atlanta isn't going anywhere, but we're expanding

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @mikeyur said:
    The gear's on the way out as of this week to be racked. Won't be $30 boxes, but probably some stuff still in 'low end' range in some new spots. Atlanta isn't going anywhere, but we're expanding

Any hints on the new locations? ;)

• @doghouch said:
    Any hints on the new locations? ;)

Where's the fun in that :P When the gear is all racked I'll announce it.

• @mikeyur said:
    Where's the fun in that :P When the gear is all racked I'll announce it.

Aw party pooper ://