Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secure Dragon - [5+ Years][USx9][/64 IPv6][Wyvern][Self Migrate][SSDs][DDOS][$1/M] + 50% OFF 1ST
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Secure Dragon - [5+ Years][USx9][/64 IPv6][Wyvern][Self Migrate][SSDs][DDOS][$1/M] + 50% OFF 1ST

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Secure Dragon LLC. was formed in October of 2010 and has been offering quality services since 2011. We are a fully registered Limited Liability Company with the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations and we obtain our IPs directly from ARIN (AS54561). We own all of our hardware and IP addresses while also providing our own custom VPS control panel named Wyvern.

Use promo code 50OFF1ST for 50% off your first month of any service when paying monthly.

We are located in 9 locations within the United States which include the following:

• Tampa, FL (E Solutions) RAID10 SSD Powered
  • Denver, CO (Handy Networks) RAID10 SSD Powered
  • Los Angeles, CA (QuadraNet) RAID10 SSD Powered | DDOS Protection
  • Chicago, IL (COLO@) RAID10 SSD Powered
  • Piscataway, NJ (Constant Hosting) RAID10 SSD Powered
  • Lenoir, NC (Dacentec)
  • Phoenix, AZ (COLO@) RAID10 SSD Powered
  • Dallas, TX (QuadraNet) DDOS Protection
  • Portland, OR (CNServers) RAID10 SSD Powered | DDOS Protection

The following are included in all OpenVZ VPS plans:

• Weekly Local and Off-Site Backups of your VPS
  • Wyvern Control Panel to manage your VPS and rDNS
  • One-click Backups and Restores from Wyvern
  • One-click Security settings inside Wyvern
  • Root Access
  • 1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
  • /64 Block of IPv6 (add your IPv6 addresses to your VPS in Wyvern)
  • Instant Activation
  • Migrate your VPS between any of our 9 locations inside Wyvern (limit one migration per day)
  • 1Gbps Ports
  • 99.9% Uptime SLA and a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
OpenVZ VPSs
64MB RAM 64MB vSwap 3GB RAID10 Storage 250GB Bandwidth 2 vCPUs 1 IPv4 /64 IPv6 9x US Locations $11.99/Y
- - - - - - - - -
128MB RAM 128MB vSwap 10GB RAID10 Storage 500GB Bandwidth 2 vCPUs 1 IPv4 /64 IPv6 9x US Locations $14.99/Y
- - - - - - - - -
256MB RAM 256MB vSwap 15GB RAID10 Storage 500GB Bandwidth 2 vCPUs 1 IPv4 /64 IPv6 9x US Locations $2.99/M OR $29.90/Y
- - - - - - - - -
512MB RAM 512MB vSwap 20GB RAID10 Storage 750GB Bandwidth 2 vCPUs 1 IPv4 /64 IPv6 9x US Locations $4.99/M
- - - - - - - - -
1GB RAM 1GB vSwap 25GB RAID10 Storage 1000GB Bandwidth 4 vCPUs 1 IPv4 /64 IPv6 9x US Locations $6.99/M

Need more storage for backing up files? Have a look at our Storage VPSs that start at $2.99/Month for 25GB all the way up to 1000GB! Did we mention they also run on Wyvern and have full 1Gbps upload ports for faster backups and restores? Well they do! They are also located in Denver, CO so they are centrally located in the US for optimal connectivity around the globe.

Storage VPSs

(All OpenVZ features included except no backups are taken for this service, backup/restore/migrate feature in Wyvern disabled)

256MB RAM 256MB vSwap 25GB RAID5 Storage 200GB Bandwidth 2 vCPUs 1 IPv4 /64 IPv6 Denver, CO. $2.99/M OR $29.90/Y
- - - - - - - - -
256MB RAM 256MB vSwap 50GB RAID5 Storage 400GB Bandwidth 2 vCPUs 1 IPv4 /64 IPv6 Denver, CO. $3.99/M OR $39.90/Y
- - - - - - - - -
256MB RAM 256MB vSwap 100GB RAID5 Storage 800GB Bandwidth 2 vCPUs 1 IPv4 /64 IPv6 Denver, CO. $4.99/M OR $49.90/Y

Our Portland, Los Angeles, and Dallas locations all include DDOS Protection for FREE! Check out the limits and details here!

Want to test out our networks? Check out our looking glass here: Drgn.biz

Have a question? We have a vast Knowledge Base where we try to answer all of your questions so feel free to check it out and search around: KB

Do you offer 24x7 support? We're not staffed 24x7, but to get an idea of our average response times on tickets you can just take a peek at the top of any page in the client area to see the average of our last 10 tickets. We try to keep it under 1 hour and that tracker rarely goes past that goal.

How can I pay you? We accept payments via Paypal, Credit Card (Stripe), AliPay (Stripe), and Bitcoin (BitPay payments are non-refundable and can take up to 2 hours to process).

Do you offer any other discounts or coupons? There are some floating around, enjoy the hunt!

Can I run _____? Check our AUP for more details: AUP

Feel free to check out our website and browse around before you decide to purchase, we love information and communication so we try to communicate a ton of information to our clients and guests.

Comments

• I'd like to say SecureDragon is a great company! They are very transparent with their operations and the provision process is automatic and only takes a few minutes after payment... They recently added free DDoS filtering (which was a separate service before) and I think this will attract a lot of customers. Good luck!

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Yeah, Secure Dragon is great.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • It makes me sad that a Dragon would trust it's operations to a mere Wyvern ;-)

• Which locations have good Layer 7 Protection?

• Secure Dragon is fantastic. Nothing but good things to say about them.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@sonic said:
    Which locations have good Layer 7 Protection?

LA and Dallas both mention having Layer 7 protection on their hardware but I haven't seen it in action nor do I have any details about it.

Portland does offer Layer 7 protection and we can open a ticket with the data center to apply custom ACLs or improve the protection if needed.

@dragon2611 said:
    It makes me sad that a Dragon would trust it's operations to a mere Wyvern ;-)

We make the Wyvern do the heavy lifting so the dragons can relax. :D

• Nice offer!

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Even though the coupon didn't fit for me (was looking for a 128 yearly) I bought another SD anyway, just because I don't have enough SD in my life.

So @KuJoe it gave me options to pick anywhere, so my $15/yr 128 is now sitting in Portland, OR. I thought Portland was only your DDOS-protected offering? I guess you've changed things up...to my advantage. Last Portland-based VPS I had was DirectSpace. I think @Francisco might have still been working there then, it was so long ago...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Portland has like 3 places there. There's a very high priced DC in the downtown area, and then there's colocation space in the Pitock on the top floor. DSN had some office space in the bottom floor but later moved it to some other space a few floors up just as I left.

CNS is likely in the high priced place given the cost they charge for a full cabinet.

Francisco

@Francisco said:
    Portland has like 3 places there. There's a very high priced DC in the downtown area, and then there's colocation space in the Pitock on the top floor. DSN had some office space in the bottom floor but later moved it to some other space a few floors up just as I left.

CNS is likely in the high priced place given the cost they charge for a full cabinet.

Francisco

I think I tried to get a quote from the DC CNServers is in a while back for a non-DDOS protected network and it was pretty pricey. The cost for power with CNServers is extremely high also so I'm guessing power is at a premium there.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@KuJoe said:

When I talked to them back in the day it was $150/m for 1U + 1Mbit.

Anyway, sorry, derailing your thread.

Francisco

1. Oregon Servers protect udp ports?
    2. Allow Teamspeak Server?

That's all, thanks!

edited February 2016

@robotrono said:
    1. Oregon Servers protect udp ports?
    2. Allow Teamspeak Server?

That's all, thanks!

We do offer UDP protection but last I checked it's an "all or nothing" protection meaning if you get a UDP attack it will block all UDP packets. This might have changed in the past few months though (we have more people using VoIP and none complaining).

We do allow TeamSpeak on our networks.