Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback Required: IP Monitoring and Automated Delisting Application Ideas/Features
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback Required: IP Monitoring and Automated Delisting Application Ideas/Features

xavconxavcon Member
edited February 2016 in General

Hi Guys,

We are near to the launch of our application related to IP Monitoring and Automated IP Blacklist Delisting. Currently, our app sends notifications through email as well as in dashboard as soon as any of your IP gets blacklisted on SBLs. Simply, you will have to fill out few quesitonaire fields, and our application will take care of everything. e.g delisting from SBL websites.

For verified and reputed hosting companies we will have a feature to fill sbl removal forms in advance once the account is setup, delisting requests will be automatically processed and the user will be notified.

You can monitor a single IP as well as your entire netblock.

Before we launch our application in the market, we are looking for some additional features which we can bring into our application that most of you think will save your time.

P.S: This application will only be available to legit customers of web hosting community, users will have to go through verifications in order to keep spammers away.

Thanks
Xavior

Would you buy subscription to this kind of service?
  1. Would you be interested in such an application?26 votes
    1. Yes
      53.85%
    2. No
      30.77%
    3. Maybe
      15.38%

Comments

• Can you explain how the delisting process would be 'automated'?
    Do you mean automated to the hosting provider in terms of their view, but you would handle the requests to delist manually (or at least as automatically you possibly could anyway) yourself?

• xavconxavcon Member
    edited February 2016

@ItsChrisG: Delisting process will be handled automatically through our processing nodes, no human interaction will be required (only in highly verified hosting provider packages), for the normal packages, users will have to click "Delist" button against their blacklisted IP and fill in the required infomation only once and our system will do the rest.

All in all, the delisting procedure will be fully automated on our end.

• @xavcon said:
    All in all, the delisting procedure will be fully automated on our end.

And the SBLs that don't allow bots/machine sent delist requests?

• Nice idea though I am curious what would be the point of automatic delisting if the problem isn't fixed? Surely some RBLs are just PITA to deal with, however some are listing the IP address because there is spam sent from that address. So, till the issue is fixed and a spammer has been shutdown, it would be listed again really soon. Just my 3 cents.

• It sounds good but are you going to be listing "every" blacklist, including Lloyd and Harry's blacklist which combines other blacklists into their blacklist service but doesn't remove as quickly like other services? That's the only thing about blacklists- everybody is in the blacklisting business (yes, its a business. look at delisting fees for 'priority')

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

FYI, there are other solutions that provide "is my IP on a RBL list" monitoring - e.g., @NodePing . Of course, they don't do the delisting so that would be different.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • @heachhog said:
    Nice idea though I am curious what would be the point of automatic delisting if the problem isn't fixed? Surely some RBLs are just PITA to deal with, however some are listing the IP address because there is spam sent from that address. So, till the issue is fixed and a spammer has been shutdown, it would be listed again really soon. Just my 3 cents.

The point of full automation will be for the hosting providers who are very strict about their IP ranges and blacklisting terms, the full delisting request will not be sent for multiple IPs unless the provider clicks a delist button and agrees to the terms that he/she has removed the spammer from their network. So yea every ip has a monthly limit of 3 delisting request per sbl. I don't think that providers will keep these kind of people on their network, if they do not comply with our terms, the accounts will be suspended.

Thanked by 1Darwin
  • @raindog308 said:
    FYI, there are other solutions that provide "is my IP on a RBL list" monitoring - e.g., NodePing . Of course, they don't do the delisting so that would be different.

Agreed! but no one in the market has auto delisting, and getting your mass ip ranges delisted is a PITA for netblock owners, so I'm pretty sure our tool will help these guys in the long run. thoughts?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm not sure about autodelisting - I'll let others comment.

But just managing blacklisting might be useful - one pane of glass to see status, look at history, use it to track when you contacted the RBL and what the status was, maybe keep some notes on what caused it, etc.

• @xavcon said:
    getting your mass ip ranges delisted is a PITA for netblock owners

The problem to be solved is the activities that get a large number of IPs on the lists in the first place. By the time it gets listed, the damage is already done. And the IP is also probably in countless individual firewalls that no blacklist management technique you have is going to fix.

• raindog308 said: But just managing blacklisting might be useful - one pane of glass to see status, look at history, use it to track when you contacted the RBL and what the status was, maybe keep some notes on what caused it, etc.

That feature is already implemented in our app, it keeps record of every single ip, last delisting request sent etc. We will make sure to add an option so that users can keep notes on individual ips :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sounds good, not 100% sure about auto delisting though, I can see that being abused, I would suggest manual delisting via an interface e.g. tick box or click to delist, once you know the customer has resolved the issue or been removed.

• @AnthonySmith thank you for your input, we do have that implemented, for startup packages the delissting is done through only a button etc there is not full autodelisting available for new customers. We implemented the full automated delisting option only for highly verified and trusted companies that surely will take action against the blacklists etc but even those guys will have to click a button to submit multiple requests after accepting ToS.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • xavcon said: highly verified and trusted companies

When is a company trusted?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • I think auto de-lists would negate the purpose of having a blacklist.
    Maybe the Auto de-list should have a auto-check to confirm that the IP is now clean before submitting the delist request?
    Otherwise you will just get re-listed again?

• techhelper1techhelper1 Member
    edited February 2016

This service can't circumvent captchas in HTML forms so that'll easily stop this.

This service auto submitting reports will also be killed off because a number of DNSBL's monitor the IP's that submit the delisting requests. Too many requests for different IP ranges on the same service IP ranges.

• Autodelisting sounds like a quick way to get you permanently listed in some blacklists. Please don't do it.

Thanked by 2gbshouse sin
  • xavconxavcon Member
    edited February 2016

@techhelper1 said:
    This service can't circumvent captchas in HTML forms so that'll easily stop this.

This service auto submitting reports will also be killed off because a number of DNSBL's monitor the IP's that submit the delisting requests. Too many requests for different IP ranges on the same service IP ranges.

We have already taken care of solving captcha's automatically. Also, each SBL delisting request would be generated from a seperate IP and won't be used more than twice in a week.

• @xavcon said:
    We have already taken care of solving captcha's automatically.

Any business plan that involves doing this is on the road to failure.

• xavcon said: We have already taken care of solving captcha's automatically. Also, each SBL delisting request would be generated from a seperate IP and won't be used more than twice in a week.

Now I'm definitely going to be blocking your IP ranges from reaching my shit. You clearly don't understand the point of a captcha.

• xavcon said: Also, each SBL delisting request would be generated from a seperate IP and won't be used more than twice in a week.

Let's waste IPv4 space because you certainly know how to piss off the Internet.

• xavconxavcon Member
    edited February 2016

@techhelper1 said:

Nobody cares about the one man show blacklists, I'd be happy to email you my IP ranges so you can block them and be happy about it :)

cheers,

• The point is, why is it you think it's OK to circumvent a protection to clearly prevent something like this? I'm sure we'd all like to know how you are able to read the CAPTCHA images, not to mention interact with reCaptcha and other derivatives.

• @techhelper1 said:
    The point is, why is it you think it's OK to circumvent a protection to clearly prevent something like this? I'm sure we'd all like to know how you are able to read the CAPTCHA images, not to mention interact with reCaptcha and other derivatives.

There are plenty of cheap and easy to implement services on the internet that solve captchas. Not endorsing them whatsoever, just pointing it out.

• @techhelper1 said:
    The point is, why is it you think it's OK to circumvent a protection to clearly prevent something like this? I'm sure we'd all like to know how you are able to read the CAPTCHA images, not to mention interact with reCaptcha and other derivatives.

There are plenty of cheap and easy to implement services on the internet that solve captchas. Not endorsing them whatsoever, just pointing it out.

• @techhelper1 said:

There is a whole market for it for seo and web scrapers. They use overseas labor + ocr to do it. There is at-least 10 competitors for it. I have gotten a lot of experience doing this.

It will always be a cat/mouse game. even re-captcha can be beaten, but it a lot more complicated and a bit more expensive.