Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free storage with direct and shorten link option?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free storage with direct and shorten link option?

wladymeerwladymeer Member
edited February 2016 in Providers

I need some small storage where I could store dozens of small images and flags (for example: http://s11.postimg.org/p9ntfffdr/image.png) but with customizable or at least direct link with no random-renaming option so I could use it on forum. Also, shorten link would be nice feature and no expiration date as well.

Can you recommend someone? Thanks!

Comments

• imgur

Thanked by 1wladymeer
  • imgur.com

Thanked by 1wladymeer
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Honestly, Droplr is insanely awesome for this. I know, paid service for things you can do for free, but there's value to having a solid desktop client that makes it extremely easy to me... and that value is right about where their cost lands.

Although I personally use Dropshare with my own storage for free, that's because I'm on a Mac and those who aren't I recommend Droplr to.

• wladymeerwladymeer Member
    edited February 2016

Almost nailed it, but imgur.com changes my file name into 7 letter one - is there any that can keep your file name unchanged?

update: I'm using Windows 7, sorry, forgot to mention!

• edited February 2016

@wladymeer said:
    Almost nailed it, but imgur.com changes my file name into 7 letter one - is there any that can keep your file name unchanged?

https://getsharex.com/

I'm sure that at least one of the destinations will keep the file name. If none of them do, you can just setup a NAT vps for a few eur/year and FTP to there

• @wladymeer said:

How short should the URLs be? The problem is, even if you find a short URL site that doesn't rename files, probably people will have used a.jpg, b.jpg, 1.jpg etc.

you would be best using any 3 letter domain with a 2 letter TLD and a cheap VPS, or even free hosting and storing files that way. So abc.ab/a.jpg

• wladymeerwladymeer Member
    edited February 2016

well, not ultra-short, thinking more of some format like website.com/username/ABC.jpg - that would be ideal.

images I'm gonna use are very light, so I guess even 100mb hosting would do the trick.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    you would be best using any 3 letter domain with a 2 letter TLD and a cheap VPS, or even free hosting and storing files that way. So abc.ab/a.jpg

I have a cool domain for that, but I'm a cheapo and don't want to waste money on hosting :P

• @netomx said:
    I have a cool domain for that, but I'm a cheapo and don't want to waste money on hosting :P

use something like buyshared for it

• @hostnoob said:

Is it allowed, Paquito? @Francisco

• @Traffic said:

I'd think it would be, since the storage space is limited. It's usually hosts that offer "unlimited storage" who don't let you use it for storing files/backups

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Traffic said:

Assuming he isn't storing a stash of CP on it, I don't see this being an issue.

Thanks for the mention!

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx

@hostnoob said:

Im too lazy to open it, whats the price?

• Imgur+ShareX

that is the reason i post lot of screen shots its just works

• @netomx said:
    Im too lazy to open it, whats the price?

$5/yr for 1gb

Shared hosting though so no need to set anything up or manage it. Plus dedicated ipv4

hostnoob said: use something like buyshared for it

oh come on, 1GB?

• @netomx said:

Depends what you're hosting. For just images and personal use, 1gb is enough. For me anyway

@hostnoob said:
    Depends what you're hosting. For just images and personal use, 1gb is enough. For me anyway

any instascript for this?